Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2016, 07:15 AM   #286
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: walking in the air
Posts: 249
From Pentax/Ricoh Photokina interview : " ...The Q line will continue ... First and foremost we want to deliver premium cameras...."

Conclusion: The next Pentax mirrorless will be a premium Q

09-24-2016, 07:32 AM   #287
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The high-voltage (10.8V) in-camera battery is already huge.
No doubt, but we don't have the specs of camera yet.
14 Wh 10.8 V - it's approx. 1250 mAh (~ 4-5% loss) - rather weak battery
14/10.8=1300 mAh - 5% ~ 1250 mAh

For example, D-Li90 14Wh 7.2 V - 1860 mAh.

It means that GXF is the same as all mirrorless cameras in terms of energy consumption. Weak point.

Hasselblad X1D has 3200 mAh battery.
There’s no official information about how many shots camera can produce from a single charge!!!! Why?

I found at any site - max.650 shots for mirrorless cameras.

Last edited by ogl; 09-24-2016 at 10:54 AM.
09-24-2016, 10:45 AM   #288
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,215
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I found at any site - max.650 shots. But it's not confirmed.
[Sarcasm]
EVF on or off ?
[/Sarcasm]
09-24-2016, 10:53 AM   #289
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
[Sarcasm]
EVF on or off ?
[/Sarcasm]
If you try to find official info about Hasselblad camera's quantity of shots, you can't find it in specs or manuals.
No such info in reviews. I have wasted 1 hour for surfing in internet and found nothing.

It seems to me - it's my mistake. No any info. Just common info about mirrorless cameras batteries.
Hasselblad X1D Review and Specs

09-24-2016, 11:38 AM   #290
mee
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,573
QuoteOriginally posted by edri Quote
From Pentax/Ricoh Photokina interview : " ...The Q line will continue ... First and foremost we want to deliver premium cameras...."

Conclusion: The next Pentax mirrorless will be a premium Q
haha you spliced fragments of two responses from two different questions to form what you wanted to see.
09-24-2016, 11:51 AM   #291
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,017
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I read that article when it first came out....
Steve
At the end of the article he posts a link to a Rebuttal To His Article that is an interesting read too. Like many camera arguments, it's all about how you view things and inferred perceptions.
09-24-2016, 12:36 PM   #292
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,866
QuoteOriginally posted by edri Quote
From Pentax/Ricoh Photokina interview : " ...The Q line will continue ... First and foremost we want to deliver premium cameras...."

Conclusion: The next Pentax mirrorless will be a premium Q
As I commented in the "Q" section, this actual interpretation of the comment before your ellipses, could simply be "we will continue to sell them as long as people continue to buy them". There was no promise to continue design, nor even to produce any more.
09-24-2016, 01:04 PM   #293
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,001
Another way of foreseeing things is the answer to this question :
Does Sony or another sensor industrial prepare better performer 1/1,7" C-MOS than the present 12 Mpix ?

09-24-2016, 01:38 PM   #294
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,866
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Another way of foreseeing things is the answer to this question :
Does Sony or another sensor industrial prepare better performer 1/1,7" C-MOS than the present 12 Mpix ?
Not really. There are all kinds of things Ricoh-Pentax could do with the line other than change the sensor
{they could follow the same path as with the K-3, keeping Q-S1 around for those who don't want this}, for example

(1) following what they learned from K-70 development, they could update processor / firmware to improve results

(2) they could develop new lenses, perhaps a long lens to provide a package competing with P-900

(3) they could make the LCD flippy

(4) they could use an EVF, to get corporate experience with that technology {my favorite}

but there was nothing in their words to even hint at further work on the line.
09-25-2016, 03:53 AM   #295
Pentaxian
Uluru's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,524
I like the Q, but that camera suffers from an incurable problem: too weak battery. If they enlarge the body to sport a better battery, then the Q becomes the m4/3. And if they keep it small as it is, they you can't improve it much, or add on new things into it. Q is what it is — the platform that cannot move forward but stay in place for a long, long time.

---------- Post added 09-25-2016 at 08:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Hasselblad X1D has 3200 mAh battery.
There’s no official information about how many shots camera can produce from a single charge!!!! Why?
I found at any site - max.650 shots for mirrorless cameras.
X1D can do 650 shots? It is quite something. Having a large mirrorless camera and few spare batteries is more logical and expected than having a small mirrorless camera and many batteries. That is the weakness of a small mirrorless like the Q — the weight of extra batteries needed to take on vacation exceeds the weight of the camera and lenses. After a while it becomes frustrating. Interesting shot … ah! and the battery is gone.
09-25-2016, 04:34 AM   #296
Veteran Member
zoolander's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gold Coast
Photos: Albums
Posts: 337
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If you aren't competing with the Nikon/Canon business model you'd better compete with the Sony/Fuji technology or eventually you won't be competing with anyone.
I don't think that this dynamic is even applicable anymore. There are viable options for photography with Olympus, Panasonic and the ones you list. The problem for Pentax is to remain technologically relevant. Which means improved AF and AF performance with lenses, as mirrorless is surpassing DSLR in auto focus now. Pick up a cheap Canon apsc and its zip zip with the AF. Pick up an XT-2 and its zip zip also. Pentax AF speeds on certain lenses are good to very good, but not enough zip-zip.
09-25-2016, 04:54 AM   #297
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,001
Which Pentax cameras and lenses do you own that don't zip? Mine certainly do.
09-25-2016, 05:24 AM   #298
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,607
QuoteOriginally posted by zoolander Quote
I don't think that this dynamic is even applicable anymore. There are viable options for photography with Olympus, Panasonic and the ones you list. The problem for Pentax is to remain technologically relevant. Which means improved AF and AF performance with lenses, as mirrorless is surpassing DSLR in auto focus now. Pick up a cheap Canon apsc and its zip zip with the AF. Pick up an XT-2 and its zip zip also. Pentax AF speeds on certain lenses are good to very good, but not enough zip-zip.
I don't think any mirrorless beat a D5 at AF man... In addition, mirrorless mount typically lack the necessary lenses anyway.

Last edited by Nicolas06; 09-25-2016 at 05:45 AM.
09-25-2016, 05:43 AM - 1 Like   #299
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,164
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It seems to me - it's my mistake. No any info. Just common info about mirrorless cameras batteries. Hasselblad X1D Review and Specs
Running EVF / LV with a LF camera is worse than FF itself worse than apsc. You need a huge battery to power the MF sensor when EVF is On, or a grip or can shoot a rather limited number of shots / run the camera only for 2 or 3 hours. Typically the K1 can stay On for 6 to 8 hours running on a single D-LI90 battery. This explains why, without OVF and mirror box , the GXF is still 900gr. , attributed to the battery size I guess.
09-25-2016, 07:36 AM   #300
Pentaxian
photoptimist's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,004
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Running EVF / LV with a LF camera is worse than FF itself worse than apsc. You need a huge battery to power the MF sensor when EVF is On, or a grip or can shoot a rather limited number of shots / run the camera only for 2 or 3 hours. Typically the K1 can stay On for 6 to 8 hours running on a single D-LI90 battery. This explains why, without OVF and mirror box , the GXF is still 900gr. , attributed to the battery size I guess.
Back-panel displays do use a lot of power (although it seems that smartphones have no problems keeping their big displays lit for more than 8 hours on one charge). EVFs don't use much power at all because the panels are so tiny and the shielded eye piece means they don't have to out-shine the sun. Moreover, it's easy to have an eye sensor on an EVF that instantly turns on and off the power-draining light any time the photographer move their eye to/from the eyepeice.

The total energy of the GFX battery looks to be the same 14 WHr as the D-LI90 battery, so it's probably no heavier. Yes, the GFX gets rid of the mirror box and pentaprism of the SLR design but then it adds a lot more mass in the sensor and mount ring.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapter, aps-c, bunch, camera, comment, company, doubt, evf, fa, ff, ff and apsc, flange, fuji, k1, lens, lenses, line, mirrorless, money, nx, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, ricoh, rumors, samsung, sensor, sensors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Day New Rumor FF Slide (no rice) D1N0 Pentax News and Rumors 129 10-18-2015 06:15 AM
Rumor: Pentax FF new Limited lenses coming soon? Stavri Pentax News and Rumors 253 09-27-2015 10:40 AM
Top 5 lens pick for a Pentax APSC and FF shooter AtitG Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 36 03-02-2015 12:20 PM
Pentax FF Mirrorless Rumor Winder Pentax Full Frame 37 05-04-2013 11:01 PM
After Nikon D600 rumor, Canon entry level FF camera rumor ... LFLee Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 17 05-16-2012 08:41 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:42 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top