Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 106 Likes Search this Thread
10-11-2016, 11:36 PM   #616
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
Well, I guess if they are going to keep the past experience of the GXR, I'd say that we'll see a body that is just a WI-Fi handle where you can slide in a selection of smartphones providing monitor and touch interface, and where you can fit a sensor module (one APS-C, one FF, maybe one 1/1,7"), a detachable EVF and a selection of mount module, one proprietary for new, short flange lenses, one for K, one for 645, one for M, maybe even one for legacy Q...
It never really took of before I think. Not a failure but not the next big thing. I wonder if very module system like that would work.

10-12-2016, 01:49 AM   #617
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It probably work best on FF and larger sensors where an extra cost of a modular system do not matter as much. But as it's the sensor modules that will be most expensive part, it's not much money to be saved for the user.

One problem is that it will not be easy to design a back that can be used for everything from Q to 645.
You need completely different ergonomics for these different cameras. For 645 support the back would probably have to be the size of Hasselblad x1D, which will be very large for use of Q and K-mount.
Compact Camera Meter
10-25-2016, 05:23 AM   #618
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Its a rumor that Canon may use an existing mount (maybe EF) for an upcoming FF mirrorless ILC camera. If there is anything to this rumor, Pentax would probably delay a similar decision until they see the reception of Canons camera. Canon might pave the way for a similar K-02 EVF camera, or stop losses before it gets expensive, depending on how the Canon is received. I think Canons effort may be good for Pentax ether way.
10-25-2016, 05:51 AM - 1 Like   #619
Pentaxian

Is it made up by the same "source"?

10-25-2016, 08:33 AM   #620
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Its a rumor that Canon may use an existing mount (maybe EF) for an upcoming FF mirrorless ILC camera. If there is anything to this rumor, Pentax would probably delay a similar decision until they see the reception of Canons camera. Canon might pave the way for a similar K-02 EVF camera, or stop losses before it gets expensive, depending on how the Canon is received. I think Canons effort may be good for Pentax ether way.
Mirrorless Rumors relays a rumour posted by Canon Rumors but totally twists its report.

Canon Rumors: "There will not be a 4th mount (EF, EF-S, EF-M) added to the Canon ILC lineup." i.e. Canon will reuse an existing mount for their 24x36 mirrorless camera. It could be either the EF (reflex) mount, or the EF-M (mirrorless) mount; nothing is said about it.

Canon Full Frame Mirrorless [CR2]

Mirrorless Rumors "If it ever comes the Canon FF interchangeable mirrorless camera is expected to keep the EF mount from their current DSLR line."

Canon first FF mirrorless camera may be EF mount only :( - mirrorlessrumors
10-25-2016, 09:05 AM   #621
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Mirrorless Rumors relays a rumour posted by Canon Rumors but totally twists its report.

Canon Rumors: "There will not be a 4th mount (EF, EF-S, EF-M) added to the Canon ILC lineup." i.e. Canon will reuse an existing mount for their 24x36 mirrorless camera. It could be either the EF (reflex) mount, or the EF-M (mirrorless) mount; nothing is said about it.

Canon Full Frame Mirrorless [CR2]

Mirrorless Rumors "If it ever comes the Canon FF interchangeable mirrorless camera is expected to keep the EF mount from their current DSLR line."

Canon first FF mirrorless camera may be EF mount only :( - mirrorlessrumors
The important "news" in the Canon Rumors report is that, since Canon does not want to support a fourth mount, they are going to take their time in deciding how to go FF mirror-less; they might even release a FF fixed lens camera before they release a FF MILC. In any case, the earliest Canon Rumors expects to see a FF mirror-less camera is a year from now. I believe Pentax would be foolish to tie their decision-making to Canon's. because this would mean that they would be waiting maybe eighteen months from now to see how the CR2 compares to the M5 in the marketplace.
10-25-2016, 10:23 AM   #622
Veteran Member

CR2 is the level of rumor quality, not a product. CR5 = almost 100% correct and so on. CR2 = not so reliable.