Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 106 Likes Search this Thread
09-20-2016, 07:29 AM   #136
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Read yesterday that drivable cars will be dead by 2025.
Yeah, and when I was a kid sixty years ago, it was said that in less than fifty years we'd all be flying helicopters.

09-20-2016, 07:39 AM   #137
Veteran Member

Well if Pentax has so far produced only (D)SLR bodies, excluding Q and K-01, then no wonder majority of Pentax users have bought such thing. Old geeks will continue the search for SLR devices till kingdom come and let them do so. Mere DSLR offerings will not cut it in the near future.
09-20-2016, 07:42 AM   #138
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Read yesterday that drivable cars will be dead by 2025.
And I watched a movie, released in 1989, that insinuated the Cubs would have won the world series last year. That was also (somewhat) outlandish and didn't happen.

However that is a both a large asset and liability with the internet -- it is easy to share thoughts.

And, more specifically to your comment, I'm not sure the insurance industry would be ready to handle fully automated cars by 2025. The innovators always have a very rosy timeline for the adoption rate of new technology. It always, in my experiences, has been much slower than initially imagined.
09-20-2016, 07:54 AM - 1 Like   #139
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
Mere DSLR offerings will not cut it in the near future.
nothing mere about it. mirrorless aint no holy grail we should all pursue or be deemed old timers.

09-20-2016, 08:03 AM   #140
Veteran Member

EVF gradually gets better if viewfinder is the culprit here. Leica SL already has one of very high quality. Have a look at it some day.
09-20-2016, 08:03 AM   #141
Pentaxian

One has to be quite insecure in his choice if he's asking the entire world to make it the only option.
09-20-2016, 08:09 AM - 1 Like   #142
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well if Pentax has so far produced only (D)SLR bodies, excluding Q and K-01, then no wonder majority of Pentax users have bought such thing. Old geeks will continue the search for SLR devices till kingdom come and let them do so. Mere DSLR offerings will not cut it in the near future.
Welcome to the Forum. Glad you have so rapidly internalized the Forum's customary etiquette.

09-20-2016, 08:15 AM   #143
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blacknight659 Quote
I have considered this possibility for a while. I think they can do it and do it well. IF they do it, I hope it is done with a new mount, but the camera comes with an included K adapter that is WR and allows for full compatibility with no compromise.

If you go mirror-less, you might as well change the mount too. Otherwise, you end up with a Sigma SD Quattro with that build in flange. I think that is silly, since you physically have space for a mirror box, but aren't using it.

Lets not forget, they could adopt the Micro 4/3 open mount and use the 20mp sensor found there. That would allow for Pentax quality and then the ability to use the vast range of lenses out there for micro 4/3. I would HIGHTLY consider this camera if it were designed.
I would be all for this. A high quality m43 body that had an adapter that could make full use of my current lenses would be very tempting.

I would definitely use this as a back up to my k-1. Imagine walking around with an Oly OM-D EM10 sized body with the FA31/43/77 or any of the DA prime lenses.
09-20-2016, 08:17 AM   #144
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by serothis Quote
Imagine walking around with an Oly OM-D EM10 sized body with the FA31/43/77
effectively FA62/86/154
09-20-2016, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #145
Pentaxian

I'd say the mirrorless crowds are amongst the most stubborn folks around here.
No matter what you think, prefer, do for your hobby : they could indeed be compared to quite a brunch of dictators. I know this is quite trendy in politics nowadays, but please let us live our hobby the way we like it.
09-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #146
Veteran Member

Hm? This topic was about MILC system wasn't it? So...why not discuss various reasons why it works or does not work? DSLR is a thing from the Past. Accept it or not.
09-20-2016, 09:15 AM - 1 Like   #147
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
One has to be quite insecure in his choice if he's asking the entire world to make it the only option.
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
I'd say the mirrorless crowds are amongst the most stubborn folks around here.
No matter what you think, prefer, do for your hobby : they could indeed be compared to quite a brunch of dictators.
Nobody is talking about limiting choice.
The question is what will the market prefer in years to come.
We are allowed to speculate.
Nobody actually knows even what will happen next year.
09-20-2016, 09:18 AM - 1 Like   #148
Pentaxian

DSLR is a thing from the Past. Accept it or not.
very sad to try to force your opinion on us as an unassailable truth like some fundamentalist religious person.
09-20-2016, 09:25 AM   #149
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by serothis Quote
I would be all for this. A high quality m43 body that had an adapter that could make full use of my current lenses would be very tempting.

I would definitely use this as a back up to my k-1. Imagine walking around with an Oly OM-D EM10 sized body with the FA31/43/77 or any of the DA prime lenses.
I totally agree. IF I were to leave Pentax today, it would be for the Olympus OM system. I really like m43, but I love Pentax just that little bit more. Give me the build quality of Pentax and the SMC HD coatings on new lenses, I would be pumped. Great point about using the limited glass on the system with AF and Metering, what a cool thought.

I really like dreaming... LOL!
09-20-2016, 09:32 AM   #150
Veteran Member

@D1N0
How is it not true? All recent DSLR specific progress like extremely short blackout times are related to CaNikon 1-series bodies.

All other recent new and useful features like Astro-Tracer and PS have nothing to do with optical viewfinder and do not require a DSLR body. Ricoh should strike fast now.