Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2007, 08:02 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OMG! Mo must be sick!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
snip

I would go for the 50-135, but considering that it's not unique to Pentax (Tokina is using the same optical design for Canon and Nikon mounts) and since I already have the FA* 80-200mm, I'll be letting it go...
Mo!!!! What!!!! No more LBA? I know you don't have the lens already, it's not out yet. But you are passing on it?

NaCl(somebody please go check on Mo, I think he may be quite ill)H2O

02-16-2007, 08:26 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
NEW VARIANT OF LBA - Collector's Syndrome??

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Mo!!!! What!!!! No more LBA? I know you don't have the lens already, it's not out yet. But you are passing on it?

NaCl(somebody please go check on Mo, I think he may be quite ill)H2O
Salty, I think because Mo already has such a great collection of lenses, he's now looking for those which are unique to Pentax.

Should we call this CLBA (Collector LBA?)
02-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bah!

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Salty, I think because Mo already has such a great collection of lenses, he's now looking for those which are unique to Pentax.

Should we call this CLBA (Collector LBA?)
That smacks of elitism to me! He can be a REAL addict, if he passes up on a perfectly good lens made by Pentax. The onliest excuses I'll accept are:
1) he's deathly ill and not thinking clearly
2) the Significant Other threatened to change the locks on the house if another lens crossed the threshold.
or mine :cries:
3)Dead flat broke

NaCl(in the case of "3" all you can do is lust)H2O
02-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #19

Maybe the updated road map, that has been speculated here, will include availability dates of stuff they supposedly already make but can't seem to get onto the shelves. It's almost like Pentax themselves don't want us to buy new glass. It's like a dose of cold turkey lba. Maybe that's why they now include SR on the bodies - the LBA withdrawal.

02-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
I think Pentax updated the roadmap, actually. Although all the lenses are the same, they changed the order around and added projected release dates.

I would go for the 50-135, but considering that it's not unique to Pentax (Tokina is using the same optical design for Canon and Nikon mounts) and since I already have the FA* 80-200mm, I'll be letting it go...

I want that lens, gimme gimme gimme

cheers

randy
02-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
I want that lens, gimme gimme gimme

cheers

randy
Down, boy! He's saying he won't purchase the DA* 50-135
02-19-2007, 11:53 PM   #22
Veteran Member

The DA* 60-250mm doesn't look like it will have a tripod mount and given that they are plastic, maybe it wouldn't be too heavy to hold. Although, ergonomically, it will be a pain because the focus and zoom rings are so fat, where can you hold the lens w/o moving the rings by accident?

Well I think the best chances for full frame lies with the D-FA lenses. Its too bad they are cutting off the FA lenses. Well..in that case..you still got Samsung's new rebranded releases to look forward to! :P

(DIGITAL ONLY)
Samsung SA 10-17mm f3.5-4.5
Samsung D-Xenon 12-24mm f4
Samsung SA 16-45mm f4

(FULL FRAME)
Samsung D-Xenogon 35mm f2.0
Samsung D-Xenon 100mm f2.8 MACRO

So I guess you guys can look forward to the 35mm. You should take a look at the SA* lenses too. IMHO, the Samsung SA* rebrands look better than their Pentax DA* originals. Well, for those of us that built our photographic experience on SMC-M and MF lenses alike, the styling will be very similar.

02-22-2007, 03:01 AM   #23

Tripod Collars

QuoteOriginally posted by volosong Quote
I just hope that the DA*60-250/4 has a tripod collar. If not, I just won't purchase one. I could really use that lens, but not if I can't rest in upon my monopod. For sure, the DFA 300mm has to have a tripod mount?
Looks like your wishes have come true !