Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 186 Likes Search this Thread
09-20-2016, 07:33 PM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
I do not think Pentax nowadays has optical engineers who can make an affordable DFA 85 1.2 ... Their development is very slow... Not to mention that it has Pentax Q, APS, full frame and MF, product lines longer than Nikon and Canon for DSLR with fractions of sales... Every year they can only release one camera (with some major upgrades) and one lens(with some major improvement)..
I kind of doubt Pentax is developing any more Q-mount lenses.

09-20-2016, 07:34 PM   #92
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Lots of anguish over grammar an usage. Don't worry it is all well and good.
*and* [/ducks and covers]
09-20-2016, 07:37 PM   #93
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Given the implication of the Pentax Europe lens questionnaire from earlier this year I have an idea how their priorities might have shifted.

They should also spend some time and money building their distribution infrastructure, especially in N.A.
Wholeheartedly agree with that last statement. Even if it causes warranty rates to increase (which actually did without the infrastructure upgrade too..) it would be welcome by me..

The lens questionnaire was deep and I hope they took it to heart.. but I'm shocked that they didn't at least throw some profile printouts of up and coming lenses just to say 'we hear you and were working on these seriously' much like they did the 150-450mm and the 70-200mm.. and eventually the K-1 with the plastic 3d model.
09-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I kind of doubt Pentax is developing any more Q-mount lenses.

I hope this is not the case. They've had a roadmapped tele/macro for a while, and I really wish in addition they'd also do a AF tele long zoom, like maybe a 28-105. The optical spec on their last FA 3.2-4.5 would be acceptable (obviously even faster even better) but AF/in-lens shutter & ND filter) and sized down (collapsible?) for Q-mount. A 28-105 would be something like 130-500, this would seem a handy addition to the Q continuum.

09-20-2016, 11:15 PM   #95

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It is pretty clear that Ricoh has been releasing gear as it is ready, not waiting for photo shows to spring things on people. As has been mentioned, Fuji's announcement is for a camera that is still six months away. The reality is that the 645z was announced in 2014 and is probably due to have a replacement some time in 2017, but Ricoh tends to keep things pretty secretive, I guess so other camera companies don't steal their ideas. I guess it would depend if Sony could cook up a new medium format sensor by next year, maybe with less of a crop.
Actually, Ricoh already purchased the rights to use a sensor that makes excellent sense for the 645z successor
The next Pentax 645 medium format camera will most likely have a 100MP Sony sensor | Pentax Rumors
09-20-2016, 11:44 PM   #96

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
I do not think Pentax nowadays has optical engineers who can make an affordable DFA 85 1.2 ... Their development is very slow... Not to mention that it has Pentax Q, APS, full frame and MF, product lines longer than Nikon and Canon for DSLR with fractions of sales... Every year they can only release one camera (with some major upgrades) and one lens(with some major improvement)..
They released the K70 and K1 pretty durn close to one another, at least in terms of availability. I don't even know why the K70 was a necessary replacement for the much more affordable K50. But doesn't it feel like the sort of dropped the zoom lenses with the K1 and said "good enough"?
09-21-2016, 12:03 AM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was just looking at the 'Amateur Photographer. magazine round up of news from Photokina - and they don't have anything from Nikon or Canon either (at this stage)...

09-21-2016, 12:46 AM   #98
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I was just looking at the 'Amateur Photographer. magazine round up of news from Photokina - and they don't have anything from Nikon or Canon either (at this stage)...
Canon has the m5.

Nikon is in a mist......keymission is their (failing) thing.
09-21-2016, 01:30 AM   #99
Veteran Member

The main Photokina novelty the firmware for Pentax K 1. Disappointing. I hope that they will recover at CP +.
09-21-2016, 01:34 AM   #100
Pentaxian

No lens update. Sad.
09-21-2016, 02:12 AM - 1 Like   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have no idea what the company size difference between Ricoh/Pentax and Fuji is but I have been impressed by the speed at which Fuji can design and bring products to market, whether they are actually the products the market wants is another matter..

I have noted the fall off in camera sales with the increase in the capability of mobile phones, it seems to me that logically camera makers will have to move their products into fields that phone makers either cannot or do not want to enter, so a move to Full Frame and Medium Format seems reasonable, the downside is that these cameras, along with their lenses are so much bigger, heavier and more expensive than current APS-C models. It means of course that purchasers will have to be much more circumspect in what they purchase and probably because of the cost and weight will not be keen on carrying around more equipment than absolutely necessary so they will be a lot more choosy about the equipment they purchase. So I expect that the products offered will have to be of the highest quality meaning more cost meaning a reducing camera market.

I am aware that English has quite a few commas, full stops and the like but have never quite figured out where to put them so apologies in advance and no grammatical offence intended.
09-21-2016, 02:31 AM   #102
Banned

In reality we expected only a new Theta and announcement of lens announcement.
I guess it is too early for announcement of a new GR or even 645 until CP+.
09-21-2016, 02:40 AM   #103
Pentaxian

That's what I expected, nothing new. K-1 and K-70 have recently been announced. The new 55-300 was also announced with the K-70. So practically, I think everything is out except for the Theta.

I think, we are all wishing for something new. I for one wanted more APSC dedicated lenses and updates on the older ones. But hey, this is pentaxforums.com. Rumors and wishes keep us alive! So let's cheer up. It's not the end Pentax.
09-21-2016, 02:45 AM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Canon has the m5.

Nikon is in a mist......keymission is their (failing) thing.
yuh - point taken - I was just saying that that was all that this particular magazine thought noteworthy - and it included nothing from Canon or Nikon either at this stage.
09-21-2016, 02:48 AM   #105
Pentaxian

Ricoh should have announced the Theta 4k anyway. A lot of new stuff on Photokina is only available in 2017, The new oly EM-1 mk II , Fuji Mirrorless MF. GH5. Kodak Pixpro 4k 360.