Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 186 Likes Search this Thread
09-21-2016, 04:24 PM   #136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
The only problem is,it's nothing ready enough to show it at Photokina.
But I will have a couple of meetings and talks at Photokina and will keep you informed with the stuff what's OK or semi OK to talk about.
Best regards
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Looks like 2017 can be much more fun for us
Sounds good!

09-21-2016, 04:58 PM   #137
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
The only problem is,it's nothing ready enough to show it at Photokina.
But I will have a couple of meetings and talks at Photokina and will keep you informed with the stuff what's OK or semi OK to talk about.
Best regards
Ricoh needs to hire some of Fuji's lens designers. Fuji cranks out top quality glass faster than Ricoh can steal an image an Photoshop some marketing material.
09-21-2016, 11:12 PM   #138
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Easy doing for Fuji.
Fuji is one of the biggest lens and optical glass producer worldwide.
With one of the greatest spectrum in optical engineering.
But in the case of the new Fuji medium format camera,was it also a project of the last 5 years.
And since 3 years,Fuji has this tangible project what we see now at Photokina.
Best regards
09-21-2016, 11:25 PM   #139
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
names in this very thread saying wait for 2017 were saying new lenses in 2016.
As I remember it, it was said that some zooms in 2016 but primes for 2017, so still on track the way I see it.

09-22-2016, 12:16 AM   #140
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
We should get an interesting CP+ '17
Let's see how expectations are.

- new top aps-c camera........ not at cp+
- lenses from the roadmap....I think the first one wide angle will be there and maybe another mock-up
- 645 100MP. .....I don't think at cp+
- lenses for aps-c.....No
- Theta. ....yes

Did I forgot something?
09-22-2016, 12:22 AM   #141
Pentaxian

- 645 new lens(es) sounds urgent...
- K mount wide zoom
- Q's last roadmap macro too
- New 1" sensor WG "GR style" but waterproof would definitely break the ceiling
09-22-2016, 12:25 AM   #142
Banned

- Q's last roadmap macro too.
- New 1" sensor WG GR style but waterproof would definitely break the ceiling
All three sound like building up expectations to be disapointed.

09-22-2016, 01:36 AM   #143
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Ricoh needs to hire some of Fuji's lens designers. Fuji cranks out top quality glass faster than Ricoh can steal an image an Photoshop some marketing material.
Ricoh needs to get Fuji's users. Far from constantly complaining, they're convinced their tools are the best, even going as far as saying that nobody ever needs something better*

*until Fuji launches such a product.
09-22-2016, 01:46 AM   #144
ogl
Banned

- K mount wide zoom
- Q's last roadmap macro too
- New 1" sensor WG "GR style" but waterproof would definitely break the ceiling
No need. It's better to make new AW GRIII
09-22-2016, 03:40 AM - 2 Likes   #145
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Ricoh needs to get Fuji's users. Far from constantly complaining, they're convinced their tools are the best, even going as far as saying that nobody ever needs something better*

*until Fuji launches such a product.
Isn't it like some people around here?
"if Pentax doesn't provide it, we're all good with it... Go somewhere else!
"Pentax isn't on par in AF tracking with other brands? Who need it?"

Don't see so much differences

Fuji's users got a lot to argue with subpar video quality of "their" product in past times... As those from Pentax... Lot of whining to other people who wanted to buy their products, but they haven't yet met their expectations... The only difference I see is that Fuji try to solve some of them with the new X-T2... Here, we (some of us) are still waiting for a new model with those up-to-date functions...

Last edited by Sasha; 09-22-2016 at 03:49 AM.
09-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #146
Pentaxian

That's a strawman (and it isn't the first time I've noticed it).
What we're saying is, "if Pentax doesn't provide it, and there's no indication they would provide it anytime soon, and you need it - the best option for you is to look elsewhere". Which is logical.
And "Pentax isn't on par in AF tracking with some of the other brands. Still, the performance is good enough for my needs; YMMV".
A huge difference from what you wrote

By the way, despite not finding anything about new, unknown products I'm more optimistic about Pentax now than I was in the morning
09-22-2016, 11:40 AM   #147
Pentaxian

Isn't it funny. Pentax/ricoh is going to release new primes 2017 on their roadmap...not interesting. They have released already D645Z and K-1 and couple pretty interesting zoom lenses too...

Now Fuji comes up with their mirrorles camera and road map for 2017 which they have been developing..how long? And it is more than what pentax has, so much that Ricoh should be in shame... honestly I cannot really understand this. Good for Fuji but all they have now is barely minimum. They have great things for m4/3 and all but most of this is personal choise on things...besides it is a piru that they did not make 80/2 instead of 110/2, because what I have seen and heard 80/2 is more magical.
09-22-2016, 11:52 AM   #148
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Isn't it funny. Pentax/ricoh is going to release new primes 2017 on their roadmap...not interesting. They have released already D645Z and K-1 and couple pretty interesting zoom lenses too...

Now Fuji comes up with their mirrorles camera and road map for 2017 which they have been developing..how long? And it is more than what pentax has, so much that Ricoh should be in shame... honestly I cannot really understand this. Good for Fuji but all they have now is barely minimum. They have great things for m4/3 and all but most of this is personal choise on things...besides it is a piru that they did not make 80/2 instead of 110/2, because what I have seen and heard 80/2 is more magical.
Fuji m43?

---------- Post added 09-22-16 at 11:56 AM ----------

Seems fine to me that Pentax released the cameras ahead of Photokina before the opponents released theirs (hence taking as much attention as they could in a dry spill) and then using the convention to just promote their new bodies. Theyd get overshadowed by big Sony, fuji and Canon announcements otherwise.
09-22-2016, 12:40 PM   #149
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Fuji m43?

---------- Post added 09-22-16 at 11:56 AM ----------

Seems fine to me that Pentax released the cameras ahead of Photokina before the opponents released theirs (hence taking as much attention as they could in a dry spill) and then using the convention to just promote their new bodies. Theyd get overshadowed by big Sony, fuji and Canon announcements otherwise.
sorry, Olympus...
but Fuji on 645(crop)

there is also Hassy, and same prize range(new square one) not getting as much hype thou...but we shall see how things will be 2017. Great times for all.
09-22-2016, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #150
Veteran Member

I can't tell details or when etc, but think there will be a little surprise or two in 2017