Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2016, 02:22 AM - 3 Likes   #166
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
THAT subject, is something i won't talk more about..They got so mad last time
Newsflash! Kenspo confirms large sensor 645 by not wanting to talk about it!

Sorry

09-23-2016, 02:30 AM   #167
Veteran Member

Hahahahaha
09-23-2016, 02:37 AM   #168
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sasha Quote
Isn't it like some people around here?
"if Pentax doesn't provide it, we're all good with it... Go somewhere else!
"Pentax isn't on par in AF tracking with other brands? Who need it?"

Don't see so much differences

Fuji's users got a lot to argue with subpar video quality of "their" product in past times... As those from Pentax... Lot of whining to other people who wanted to buy their products, but they haven't yet met their expectations... The only difference I see is that Fuji try to solve some of them with the new X-T2... Here, we (some of us) are still waiting for a new model with those up-to-date functions...
I think we have seen incremental improvement in Pentax's specifications, but they aren't going to turn into Fuji. Clearly they offer certain things that Fuji doesn't -- a full frame camera with multiple lenses for it, including zooms that cover 15 to 450mm -- and all of them released in the last year and a half. They haven't done a lot of mirrorless cameras (other than the Q and the K-01) and I can't really imagine them launching a new lens mount.

So, Pentax has a well established APS-C line and a new full frame camera and lens line up to be filled out and a well established medium format camera (which has a pretty full lens line up, but one made up of older lenses that probably need a refresh).

As to whether people shoot down people who want something Pentax doesn't offer, I would say it really depends. AF-C has come a long ways on the K-1 and isn't half bad. But it is pretty clear as well that Pentax isn't releasing a D500 or even a 7D MK II and if people need that sort of performance or, for that matter want a 600mm f4 or 300mm f2.8, then they really do need to look at a different brand. The same with 4K video. I'm sure it will come eventually to Pentax cameras, but odds are that even when it arrives, its implementation will not be up to that in other brands. Pentax just hasn't been great at video.

From a personal standpoint, I shoot a lot of still photography and I like the ergonomics and performance of Pentax cameras and lenses, but I can understand if someone else is frustrated by them in certain areas, as well.
09-23-2016, 02:45 AM   #169
Veteran Member

THAT subject, is something i won't talk more about..They got so mad last time
Is this about Ricoh buying Red?

09-23-2016, 02:47 AM   #170
Veteran Member

Nothing new, not even an interview with someone from Pentax/Ricoh. I would like to know what Pentax suggests to expect at CP +. I hope that CP+ will not be again so embarrassing for Pentax/Ricoh.
09-23-2016, 02:50 AM   #171
Banned

I can stop saying anything if that makes you feel better?
Doesn't bother me either way, I don't think you really tell us anything of substance anyway. That's my point

But lots of others seem to enjoy dissecting your tid-bits, so I'm sure they would be upset.
09-23-2016, 03:10 AM - 1 Like   #172
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Dont know what was done here. They won't say anything when i ask. Maybe they couldn't agree on deal or something..When i told this, they were considering this, i never said the deal was done.

---------- Post added 09-23-16 at 12:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
Doesn't bother me either way, I don't think you really tell us anything of substance anyway. That's my point

But lots of others seem to enjoy dissecting your tid-bits, so I'm sure they would be upset.
There is a reason for that. If i say too much, i get cut off. But i still want people to be positive about the Pentax future.

09-23-2016, 07:21 AM   #173
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by edri Quote
Nothing new, not even an interview with someone from Pentax/Ricoh. I would like to know what Pentax suggests to expect at CP +. I hope that CP+ will not be again so embarrassing for Pentax/Ricoh.
Ricoh Pentax did nothing embarrassing at Photokina. As far as I can tell right now, they just didn't do anything that matters - as far as I'm concerned, they were barely there. I guess they'd already announced all they'd had time to develop. Other companies got publicity as a result of their Photokina investment; Ricoh Pentax did not.
09-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #174
Pentaxian

I'm not sure about being "barely there", as there were quite a few people interested in the K-1 and Theta (and not only).
09-23-2016, 12:12 PM   #175
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I'm not sure about being "barely there", as there were quite a few people interested in the K-1 and Theta (and not only).
Yes, we tend to think everyone is always current about Pentax
09-23-2016, 12:24 PM   #176
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I thought it was about Apple buying Pentax. Nobody talks about that so it must be true.
09-23-2016, 03:39 PM - 1 Like   #177
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlG Quote
I thought it was about Apple buying Pentax. Nobody talks about that so it must be true.
There was a possibility that Ricoh wanted to buy RED. why it stopped, i dont know. Ricoh won't sell Pentax, they want to build it to a strong brand step by step.
09-23-2016, 04:05 PM   #178
Pentaxian

There was a possibility that Ricoh wanted to buy RED. why it stopped, i dont know. Ricoh won't sell Pentax, they want to build it to a strong brand step by step.
Step by Step is not enough in times of intense competition
09-23-2016, 04:15 PM   #179
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by edri Quote
Nothing new, not even an interview with someone from Pentax/Ricoh. I would like to know what Pentax suggests to expect at CP +.
Yes, I hope, if there is an interview, they do ask this. No news AT ALL on new lenses... very quiet about it. That is a very poor approach to take leaving the customer base in the dark.
09-23-2016, 04:32 PM - 4 Likes   #180
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Step by Step is not enough in times of intense competition
Well, then tell them that! I think they know exactly what they are doing. If it haven't been for Ricoh, Pentax wouldn't be anymore at this time. Ricoh had to almost rebuild Pentax from scratch. If you think you is better qualified for that job, i can tell them about you