Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 186 Likes Search this Thread
10-01-2016, 05:44 AM   #451
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Reed Quote
Cactus V6II also looks nice-but I like to have some options to choose from. Metz stuff is way better settled here in Poland market.
If you want choice, you should go for the Cactus. It is compatible with a lot of flash models (including from Metz) from quite a number of different flash systems.

I expect the Metz trigger (most likely a rebadged and perhaps pimped up version of the Pixel King Pro) to work with Metz flashes only.

Last edited by Class A; 10-01-2016 at 05:53 AM.
10-01-2016, 05:50 AM   #452
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I have a Cactus kit that I got on sale, but I haven't made much use of it - it seems to set off the slave unit randomly when I hadn't asked it to do anything.
That's most unusual. You should contact Cactus. They are really good in sorting such things out in my experience. What kit is it? Perhaps you have a neighbour playing with Cactus gear as well and shared the same channel?

Last edited by Class A; 10-01-2016 at 05:56 AM.
10-01-2016, 06:06 AM   #453
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I wonder when the PC-people are going to catch on to all these master/slave relationships in flash photography....
10-01-2016, 07:20 AM - 1 Like   #454
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I wonder when the PC-people are going to catch on to all these master/slave relationships in flash photography....
After the Mac-people.

10-01-2016, 08:19 AM   #455
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
After the Mac-people.
PC people have Client/Server relationships.

Last edited by monochrome; 10-02-2016 at 07:13 AM.
10-02-2016, 08:31 PM - 2 Likes   #456

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I have a Cactus kit that I got on sale, but I haven't made much use of it - it seems to set off the slave unit randomly when I hadn't asked it to do anything.
Hey there reh321, could you tell us more about your gear setup?
We would like to see if could be a setup or a firmware issue.
Post a reply here or you may also email us at info@cactus-image.com

Thank you!
10-03-2016, 04:41 AM   #457

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
No, that's not the reason - I'm sure we'd have a K-3 II replacement by now, if it was possible.
And I really don't think they want to match the D500 spec by spec - and price, too.

I'm pretty sure they'd just love to match the D500 price , but unfortunately they lack brand recognition (even if they had the specs matched).
Unfortunately have to agree with the reason for lack of replacement

10-03-2016, 05:42 AM   #458
Pentaxian

I think they would like to have a D500 equivalent if they could. But maybe they don't have enough resources for R&D to do it.
10-03-2016, 05:45 AM   #459
Pentaxian

Technologically matching the D500's speed (AF included) is one part of the problem, selling a 2000 euro APS-C DSLR in "large enough" quantities is another. From both points, they're not there yet.
I happily paid for the K-1, though... they have a few extra euro for R&D
10-03-2016, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #460
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Can Pentax even match the autofocus speed of the say the D3 released 9 years ago. How may years will it take for Pentax to match this system 20? Serious question. Maybe the K-1 is close to as good as the old D3/D700 I don't know but the fact that it almost 10 years later and it still isnt there is mind boggling to me. This must be largely a coding issue with SAFOX and not just a hardware, if it was a hardware issue sure a new Pentax would surpass the old nikons. Pentax is finally starting to look like a serious camera company but if they cant get the AF sorted out, no one will care what else they can do.
10-03-2016, 06:56 AM   #461
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Can Pentax even match the autofocus speed of the say the D3 released 9 years ago. How may years will it take for Pentax to match this system 20? Serious question. Maybe the K-1 is close to as good as the old D3/D700 I don't know but the fact that it almost 10 years later and it still isnt there is mind boggling to me. This must be largely a coding issue with SAFOX and not just a hardware, if it was a hardware issue sure a new Pentax would surpass the old nikons. Pentax is finally starting to look like a serious camera company but if they cant get the AF sorted out, no one will care what else they can do.
In one of the trade show interviews with PF in 2013 or 2014 they claimed they wanted the best (iirc) AF available. I'm not sure what they meant by that... low light? locking overall? tracking? some other metric? all of these? I'm not sure they're there in any of them though. But improving.

I don't know the details, but I wonder if it is more down to patents and having to recreate the wheel (opposed to looking at what Nikon is doing and just copying)?
10-03-2016, 08:34 AM   #462
Pentaxian

There are a lot of "blocking patents" to prevent some camera makers getting over an issue in "keep it simple" way, filled by their rivals, that is how they play this game.
10-04-2016, 05:04 PM   #463
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I suggest you bugger off and buy a Nikon, although Nikon is bankrupt in few years if they can't turn things around soon (This is one situation Ricoh wants to avoid). Have fun
You are a mouthful indeed. Quite apt for a prophet with a broken crystal ball.

---------- Post added 10-05-2016 at 11:13 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Maybe the wrong way to write it. They didn't make it them self in their own factory. (not sure how much i can share of what i know). The point was, that its not the same glass as Tamron have used in their versions. I can explain a lot better in norwegian
Share everything, please, because it won't fill the entire line of text.
|
|
So I'll spare you the trouble, and inform the PF users instead: Visit www.cdgmglass.com and see, at the bottom of the page, who are the clients of the CDGM.

---------- Post added 10-05-2016 at 11:17 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
This is a very bold statement!
That's old news. Sony thought buying Nikon before deciding to buy (Konica)Minolta instead.

Last edited by Uluru; 10-04-2016 at 05:13 PM.
10-04-2016, 07:42 PM   #464
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
So I'll spare you the trouble, and inform the PF users instead: Visit www.cdgmglass.com and see, at the bottom of the page, who are the clients of the CDGM.
Hmmm ... what is the intended conclusion of that exercise? Neither Ricoh nor Tamron are on that list.
10-04-2016, 10:26 PM   #465
Pentaxian

I think thats the case Clackers, no Ricoh/Pentax and Tamron there. But it proves nothing tbh.