Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2016, 04:23 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Any serious chance we'll see more than these (mostly Chinese) manual focus lenses for K mount? Looking at you, Sigma and Tamron... right at you.
I doubt Sigma or Tamron will make Chinese manual focus lenses. These two usually go with AF and everything. But there are definitely more and more of these brands. Samyang established themselves already, then there is Mitakon (Meyer Optik Gorlitz?), Horus Bennu (50mm), Zenitar, some Lomo lenses, Yongnuo (I don't know why they don't make K-mount, shouldn't be too difficult seeing as they have for Canon) now Venus Laowa (15mm, 60mm) and Irix (two versions of same optics). The last two have already mentioned more lenses will come, and Samyang doesn't seem to be stopping soon.
I think its exciting to see this trend. Hope Kmount gets support, but I think it all depends on how well the K-1 sells. If lots of people buy this camera, then manufacturers will value Kmount as a real market.

10-23-2016, 04:32 PM   #32
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I doubt Sigma or Tamron will make Chinese manual focus lenses. These two usually go with AF and everything. But there are definitely more and more of these brands. Samyang established themselves already, then there is Mitakon (Meyer Optik Gorlitz?), Horus Bennu (50mm), Zenitar, some Lomo lenses, Yongnuo (I don't know why they don't make K-mount, shouldn't be too difficult seeing as they have for Canon) now Venus Laowa (15mm, 60mm) and Irix (two versions of same optics). The last two have already mentioned more lenses will come, and Samyang doesn't seem to be stopping soon.
I think its exciting to see this trend. Hope Kmount gets support, but I think it all depends on how well the K-1 sells. If lots of people buy this camera, then manufacturers will value Kmount as a real market.
But I don't want any manual focus lenses. I'm looking for AF lenses (such as want Sigma and Tamron offer).
10-23-2016, 04:32 PM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by farhagh Quote
11mm on FF?
You got to make sure you don't get your toes into the picture
10-24-2016, 06:23 AM   #34
Pentaxian

I'm just thankful a third party is producing in K-mount, especially a new player. Hopefully this will translate into Sigma and Tamron producing essential glass in K-mount (especially their 150-600 models).

10-24-2016, 08:48 AM   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by geko5766 Quote
Hi,

I was with the IRIX guys yesterday at Photokina.

The15mm is reality already, had it on my K-1. It is huge, built like a tank. And if put sharp correctly it is sharp. As per F5.6 this seems to be a little issue only.

The 11mm was presented as pre-production model. Size-wise it is like the 15mm. but the front-lens is a real pop-eye. We tested it on a Nikon750 and it was really impressive. You've got an awesome lot of stuff on your sensor with it.

Maybe it may appear by end of the year and the goal is to maybe get a price tag somewhat near to EUR 1000. This is not confirmed, but that's where they are heading.

Keep in mind, each lens is at ca. 750g, not quite a lightweight

Best
Georg
Are the rumors of Irix being a branch of Samyang true? That'd make me more enthusiastic about this line. :P
10-25-2016, 07:44 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
But I don't want any manual focus lenses. I'm looking for AF lenses (such as want Sigma and Tamron offer).
Rule no.11: Set 11mm @f/11 and you don't need AF
10-25-2016, 08:11 AM   #37
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by banep Quote
Rule no.11: Set 11mm @f/11 and you don't need AF

Haha perhaps not... even if true, all we seem to be getting are Samyangs and Vivitars and Bowens and Venus Optics -- large, manual focus lenses. They're probably easy to adapt to different mounts due to the lack of electronics..
10-25-2016, 01:38 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
The discontinued Zeiss ZK and Voigtlander lenses for Pentax mount are also manual focus and chipped.
... but do not report their focal length to the camera.

10-25-2016, 03:31 PM   #39
Kiwi Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
... but do not report their focal length to the camera.
That is correct, but you can set that as you turn the camera on
10-25-2016, 03:50 PM   #40
Tas
Site Supporter

That is correct, but you can set that as you turn the camera on
and if you're like me, from time to time you forget that part and feel like a numpty.
10-25-2016, 04:54 PM   #41
Kiwi Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
and if you're like me, from time to time you forget that part and feel like a numpty.
Yes, or leave it at the last setting, and wonder why you were sure you were using a different lens for the image, but the EXIF data tells a different story..
10-25-2016, 05:33 PM   #42
Tas
Site Supporter

Yes, or leave it at the last setting, and wonder why you were sure you were using a different lens for the image, but the EXIF data tells a different story..
Antipodean brothers indeed.
10-25-2016, 06:04 PM   #43
Pentaxian

neutrino coating? neutrinos are flipping wierd, I'd rather deal with thorium tainted takumars thank you.
10-25-2016, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #44
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
neutrino coating? neutrinos are flipping wierd, I'd rather deal with thorium tainted takumars thank you.
Yes, thorium tainted takumars are vastly superior. Thorium decays into radium, giving off helium (alpha particles) which makes the lens lighter. And then the radium quickly decays giving off neutrinos (along with beta particles) which coats the lens nicely!
10-28-2016, 04:33 AM   #45
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
On the contrary I think we will see Samyang lenses with autofocus within 5 years. And then some Chinese autofocus lenses...