Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
Inactive Account

A new camera or..?

Hello to you all, my first post here.

What is this:
digital-camera-for-men.istheshit.net

Hoax? A chineese or russian leaking?

Anyway it looks very interesting, it also says Pentax K-mount bayonet, though i do think it could be a camera for a lot of females too (the link name)..

I have just discovered the file, and the site it is published on made me wonder a bit, not exactly a site where photgraphers hang around.

07-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hilarious is what that is.

A bed-wetting dream of all nostalgics. Wake up and smell the megapixels!
07-26-2008, 01:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I've been dreaming of a dslr that is as small as say Pentax ME Super with an excellent view finder and split screen focus. Of course with k-mount
07-26-2008, 01:57 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Yes, a lot of people do seem to dream of such a camera. But could this be for real this time?

The site it is published on i a site where anyone can publish an image anonymously, and as i understand the site has drawn some attention from both the military and the police (even the security police and military surveillance agency) in the country where the authors behind it lives (Sweden). The badge at bottom of the page that says "Creeper" is a program that tracks visits from governmental IP-adresses. Further, the site is not a place where photographers hang out either, so it would be a bit illogical to post something there if it just is a wet dream of some photog playing in PS. But of course it could be just that and nothing more.

Has anybody read other rumors or pictures somewhere else supporting this camera is for real or something under development? Pentax did present that K10 that had a bit retro look, even if it where just another K10 under the hood, so manufacturers do seem to have picked up that there is a demand to be filled, but Pentax obviously thought it was all about the look and not something more.

If it had a Nikon mount i would have guessed on some Nikon devel-experiment since it do look like an old Nikon, but it said K-mount. There are also the chineese Phenix brand making analog cameras with K-mount that look quite alike this one.

07-26-2008, 04:49 AM   #5

LOL.. this looks like the Petri I have.. (well that was my fathers')
07-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Looks like the K1000D that Rice High wants!
07-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's pretty funny. Did anybody notice that it supports live view? !!! Well I guess in a way it does, but so does my Vivitar 4000S (K1000 knockoff) not to mention my grandma's instamatic. Does it come with a Holga lens?

NaCl(thanks for the laugh)H2O
07-27-2008, 01:43 AM   #8
Site Supporter

It says live view is external...
...so I imagine it would come with a small separate screen that can be connected to the USB port. Not such a bad idea... that would kill any advantagae those Sonys with LCD screens that can be set at different angles are claimed to have. Imagine having your camera on the tripod low to the ground set up for some macro, and then you can arrange focus and exposure and take the picture from a small hand held screen in whatever comfortable position you prefere. Actually, considering how well my K20D can be run from the laptop, such a separate live view screen could be built for the current Pentax line of cameras. A Sony 350 killer.

But I recon most probably this camera is a fake, though I would buy one as soon as I can afford it.

07-27-2008, 06:31 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Reminds me of the commercials they used to run on Saturday Night Live back when it first started. Like Kris Kristoferson's book "How I Overcame the Handicap of Being a Rhodes Scholar and Made a Fortune in Country Music." The commercials were really well done complete with a toll free number to call but they were all fake.

This one was good for a laugh.

CW
07-30-2008, 05:00 AM   #10

Some nice photoshop indeed.