Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2016, 07:21 AM   #46
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
(...)

Unless one consciously or unconsciously thinks that Ricoh is not deserving of any coverage.
Have you seen many reviews of K-70 out there?

10-09-2016, 07:42 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
dpreview is working on one. IR has started one. Both photographyblog and ephotozine gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars and a highly recommended. Of course almost all dslr's get at least 4,5 stars. four is the minimum.
10-09-2016, 09:21 AM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are intending to imply with this question.

Are you pointing out that DPReview is late doing their review?
10-09-2016, 09:56 AM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
There is a very simple explanation why a camera that doesn't sell well has little online presence. You can't make money on the review you make, because not enough people will watch the review and bring in advertising money or make sales true a site that brings revenue. The K-70 isn't as sexy as a new Leica would be, so just skipping it seems a plan you can get away with.

Ricoh-Imaging also didn't mention the K-70 in any press outcome of the Photokina show.

10-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are intending to imply with this question.

Are you pointing out that DPReview is late doing their review?
I was just pointing out that neither Ricoh Imaging per se, nor their 'common' products (K-1, as their first 24x36 DSLR, set aside) get a lot of coverage, whatever they do or don't do.
10-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
There is a very simple explanation why a camera that doesn't sell well has little online presence. You can't make money on the review you make, because not enough people will watch the review and bring in advertising money or make sales true a site that brings revenue. The K-70 isn't as sexy as a new Leica would be, so just skipping it seems a plan you can get away with.

Ricoh-Imaging also didn't mention the K-70 in any press outcome of the Photokina show.
Something I've always felt is that the cheaper Pentax cameras are hard to "place". It's easy with some other brands. An X-T10 is simply a cutdown X-T1. An E-M10 is a cutdown E-M5. A GX80 is a cutdown G8, and so on. In each case the attraction is the same. You are getting 80-90 per cent of what's in the better model for half the price, and you might get an extra gizmo or two as well. It's a simple system and it keeps the flagship models as desirable items that those without the funds to buy big can still get a taste of. With Pentax it's always harder to say what one is getting or where the model fits in. I rather wish they would rationalise things with a killer flagship model and a lower model which is essentially the flagship built down to a price. Then, I know what I am getting.

Last edited by mecrox; 10-09-2016 at 01:10 PM.