Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 133 Likes Search this Thread
10-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #91
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Not having data should prevent you from making claims. Instead, you seems to think that you can make any claim you want, after which, hey, it's not your fault, those *(@#(&@ Japanese won't give you data to support them

And, I'm not making any claims about Pentax keeping a constant 7,000 K-1 units/month production rate; you made that up, too. The initial production volume is just an indication (but never an exact figure) on how many cameras they're expecting to sell.
You are invited to search through my posts, if you think otherwise.
When I make an assumption then I write it with it. Because that is then my opinion, it should be allowed in the free world. When there are numbers or publication, then I can make calculations.......but I don't always know if I have the complete view on numbers or the situation....So even then there is a margin.

It's not journalism where you have information you can verify. That would be nice, but Japanese Lips are very tight.

A quote from you from june 21st.
No, the problem here is that you made up some low number which can't be considered even an educated guess. You're not even trying to figure out how much of the planned ~1750 units/week production was sold on the Japanese market.
Not that BCN Ranking covers the entire Japanese market. It doesn't, and it's not even using statistical sampling methods.

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 10-09-2016 at 11:21 AM.
10-09-2016, 11:22 AM   #92
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums

[/COLOR]
You're not even trying.

There's no "very successful" in that press release, besides I already mentioned the blue model - a new batch made due to continued demand in Japan - in post #73. A new batch because the K-01 was already discontinued.
Yes, they don't even say "increased demand".

As for the Chinese text... no "very successful" either, and it's contradicting the press release by saying the K-01 was not discontinued.
You like to be better than anybody in discussion and like to argue...It's your right.

But snobbery, hair-splitting and tedium is not right way to save your soul. I hope you are orthodox believer

Chinese text says about good sales.
10-09-2016, 11:34 AM   #93
Pentaxian

I see that instead of proving your claims, you're switching to personal attacks mode.

Ron, in that post I was talking about the initial production volume - which we know was set to 7,000 units per month. I was not making up numbers - but guess what, you did, by saying "Well that are maybe 100 sold units or so.". Then, like now, I'm challenging some made-up claims.

Ogl, I like to be precise and truthful in my claims. If that is "better" or not, I'd let others to judge.
The Chinese text talks about "good sales", indeed, while your claim was about K-01 being "very successful". And as I said before, the Chinese text contradicts the press release - in other words, official information - which says the normal K-01 was discontinued at that point.
10-09-2016, 11:41 AM   #94
Banned

I see that instead of proving your claims, you're switching to personal attacks mode.

Ron, in that post I was talking about the initial production volume - which we know was set to 7,000 units per month. I was not making up numbers - but guess what, you did, by saying "Well that are maybe 100 sold units or so.". Then, like now, I'm challenging some made-up claims.
Fine, discussion ended.

10-09-2016, 03:59 PM   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
When I make an assumption then I write it with it. Because that is then my opinion, it should be allowed in the free world. When there are numbers or publication, then I can make calculations.......but I don't always know if I have the complete view on numbers or the situation....So even then there is a margin.

It's not journalism where you have information you can verify. That would be nice, but Japanese Lips are very tight.

A quote from you from june 21st.
Actually, asahi man said in late August K-1 production had returned to the full rate; and after Photokina said camera production is still sold out through year end. It isn't a supply problem, it is a demamd problem, very similar to 645z.

Last edited by monochrome; 10-10-2016 at 05:37 AM.
10-09-2016, 09:49 PM   #96
ogl
Banned

To find difference between - "successful" and "very successful" is really hard work. You have a lot of free time.
Could we consider "good sales" as success for Ricoh or we can't ? Does it big success or just simple success?

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? ))

---------- Post added 10-09-2016 at 09:54 PM ----------

If to say seriously, weather resist K-mount mirrorless with good compact body and EVF is not wrong way. Sigma made it and it's interesting.

Add new GR versions - and Ricoh could has rather solid line of cameras in this direction.

The main problem of K-01 was disputable design and no EVF (removable could be good too).

Last edited by ogl; 10-09-2016 at 09:55 PM.
10-10-2016, 12:27 AM   #97
Pentaxian

Ogl, it's pointless to discuss with people suffering from a high degree of confirmation bias. I doubt you're even seeing my arguments.

Sigma... come on! If that's an example which should be followed...

The main problem with the K-01 was that it was different; its design was fine, and many MILCs do fine without an EVF.

10-10-2016, 12:37 AM   #98
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Actually, asahi man said in late August K-1 production had returned to the full rate; and after Photokina said camera production is still sold out through year end. It isn't a supply problem, it is a demamd problem, very similar to 645z.
He said later that production is not at it's maximum due to sensor problems.
10-10-2016, 05:22 AM   #99
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
He said later that production is not at it's maximum due to sensor problems.
He said that in July. There were two earthquakes. It took 4 weeks to resume full production after each. Production is back at full capacity.

After Photokina he said they cannot catch up with orders in the pipeline - as soon as a K-1 arrives at a shop it is sent to a customer to fill a backorder. He does not foresee Pentax having any stock in their warehouse before year end.

It is In Stock at B&H and Adorama.

Last edited by monochrome; 10-10-2016 at 05:42 AM.
10-10-2016, 06:17 AM - 1 Like   #100
Banned

"rumored Pentax mirrorless camera - something between K1000 and K-01"

That leaves a lot of options: K-02,K-03,...K-0999
10-10-2016, 06:50 AM   #101
Banned

He said that in July. There were two earthquakes. It took 4 weeks to resume full production after each. Production is back at full capacity.

After Photokina he said they cannot catch up with orders in the pipeline - as soon as a K-1 arrives at a shop it is sent to a customer to fill a backorder. He does not foresee Pentax having any stock in their warehouse before year end.

It is In Stock at B&H and Adorama.
It is very recent that production of sensors is up to this level. The article is from last week. The K-1 is in stock all over Europe for some time already.

This comment from september 28th, so also very recent.
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
The other result of the Sony sensor production disaster is,Pentax will have no K-1 on stock till end of this year! Only small numbers are going direct to the shops and than direct to the consumers with pre order,Pentax will see the K-1 only on paper. No stock because of the small sensor production.
So Ricoh could bump up production or maybe already did. All very recent. Good news, and hopefully no new quake. The K-1 is now almost everywhere in stock, so now the time for ballancing between production and sales are starting.
10-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #102
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ron, in one breath you're arguing K-1 is barely available due to the earthquakes. In the next you say it is readily available in stores.
10-10-2016, 08:59 AM   #103
Pentaxian

More than that, stocks will entail production depletion

Let's average asahiman and ron speculations on that particular point
10-10-2016, 09:05 AM   #104
Banned

Ron, in one breath you're arguing K-1 is barely available due to the earthquakes. In the next you say it is readily available in stores.
Overhere we have stock for some time. That doesn't mean it is endlesly. I think that if 30 people buy a K-1 today, all stock is gone. Most shops only have 1 in stock and can reorder and have a new one the next day. That comes from a joint purchase Corporation that buy's directly from Ricoh-Imaging. So while stock looks great, the line can be very thin.
10-10-2016, 09:13 AM   #105
Pentaxian

what has al this about K-1 stock to do with a mirrorless Pentax?