Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 133 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2016, 04:28 AM   #271
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You can still get new K-01's (mainly smurfs) from e-bay Japan. Not many appear on the second hand market. People who were going to sell them already did and the rest are holding on to them. They are actually more expensive now than when they were on sale.

12-17-2016, 06:11 AM   #272
Pentaxian

Recently I get a new K-01 only 150$ ,but only black color
12-17-2016, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #273
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
It was a long way to sold it to the last body,in Europe were a lot of bodies retoured to Pentax,cause of no sales.
Most sales were in Japan.
But it was not a really big problem for Pentax,but also not a big win.
Pentax France hated the 01 and they stopped every cent for public relations to push the 01.
So,no money for sells power in Europe.
No big orders in US.
Only a lot of offers and little sale shows in Japan.
But this camera was an absolute learning process for Pentax.
That's the good point.
Best regards
When this happens you should lay-off staff that is not loyal to your Brand. Keeping them is a bigger problem, since they have no reason to not show that disloyalty again. It's that same Pentax France staff that used Nikon camera's to make their K-3 promotional images......
12-17-2016, 09:17 AM - 1 Like   #274
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The problem with the K-01 was two-fold -- first of all the release price was really high for what it was and second, the specifications were pretty far under where Pentax entry level cameras were at at the time. You take a camera and limit it to a hair over 2 fps with a tiny buffer, poor auto focus, no EVF and try to sell it at 750 dollars and there is no question as to why it flopped.

Beyond which, Pentaxians are pretty conservative and didn't like Marc Newson's styling on the camera.

If Pentax had released it at 350 or even 400, it probably would have had decent sales in the beginning, even though people would have still complained about it. As it was, it took rock bottom pricing in the 200s to move units.
I had the K-01 and really kind of liked it. I picked up my black version after the price drop ($299 for body-only). I enjoyed its simplified control interface and didn't mind its size, although a bit smaller would have been better. For me, the K-01 had two fatal flaws: 1) autofocus was too slow, even after being improved with a firmware update. 2) One couldn't see the rear LCD well enough to even frame a shot in bright sunlight. With today's technology, both of these issues could easily solved and an EVF added while retaining the size of the K-01 - or even shrinking it just a bit. I have high hopes for the next Pentax mirrorless camera.

12-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #275
Pentaxian

Yes, a departure from the norm....

That's the good point.
So 2017.....Year of the "prime"....but what bodies?....We need some clues!
12-17-2016, 11:47 AM   #276
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The problem with the K-01 was two-fold -- first of all the release price was really high for what it was and second, the specifications were pretty far under where Pentax entry level cameras were at at the time. You take a camera and limit it to a hair over 2 fps with a tiny buffer, poor auto focus, no EVF and try to sell it at 750 dollars and there is no question as to why it flopped.

Beyond which, Pentaxians are pretty conservative and didn't like Marc Newson's styling on the camera.

If Pentax had released it at 350 or even 400, it probably would have had decent sales in the beginning, even though people would have still complained about it. As it was, it took rock bottom pricing in the 200s to move units.
Apparently the launch of Pentax K1 learned this lesson. The launch price is even lower than majorities' speculation..
12-17-2016, 12:15 PM   #277
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Apparently the launch of Pentax K1 learned this lesson. The launch price is even lower than majorities' speculation..
That is because the majority was basing their speculation off of Canon and Nikon pricing... which is undoubtedly more inflated.

12-17-2016, 12:30 PM   #278
Pentaxian

It was a long way to sold it to the last body,in Europe were a lot of bodies retoured to Pentax,cause of no sales.
Most sales were in Japan.
But it was not a really big problem for Pentax,but also not a big win.
Pentax France hated the 01 and they stopped every cent for public relations to push the 01.
So,no money for sells power in Europe.
No big orders in US.
Only a lot of offers and little sale shows in Japan.
That's the good point.
Best regards
I know, i got my two copies from the states
The black and white wasn't even available in Europe...
12-17-2016, 02:47 PM - 1 Like   #279
npc
Veteran Member

The current design team in Tokyo is absolutely highest grade,look to our loved big one,K-1.
It was designed by a mix of the new team,comes from Ricoh and the old current stuff of Pentax old team.
I guess that's why the dials and buttons are such a "mix" on K-1.
12-17-2016, 04:05 PM   #280
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zoolander Quote
Yes yes everybody is an "engineer" on Pentax forums. I will "Thank" about it for zero seconds ...... chuckling !
Dude.

He actually is.

Last edited by monochrome; 12-17-2016 at 04:22 PM.
12-17-2016, 04:13 PM   #281
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zoolander Quote
Yes yes Social Psychology is just hocus-pocus and based on prejudice .......yeah good one ! Yeah they use the scientific method, and use experiments with repeatable outcomes etc etc Yeah there's nothing "sciencey" to it, its all based on opinion and prejudice ! How much beer and liquor are we drinking tonight ?
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I have just banned you to my ignore list where you belong with the other trolls.
Yep.

Recently cleared my boriscleto list. Mistake.

Last edited by monochrome; 12-17-2016 at 04:22 PM.
12-17-2016, 04:48 PM   #282
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
It's that same Pentax France staff that used Nikon camera's to make their K-3 promotional images......
wait, wait, wait.... What ??! :-D :-D :-D
seriously ? :-D
lol, If this is true, it will get story to tell on parties... and what an idiots coments :-D
wait wait wait... come again ? Seriously ? :-D
12-17-2016, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #283
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
When this happens you should lay-off staff that is not loyal to your Brand. Keeping them is a bigger problem, since they have no reason to not show that disloyalty again. It's that same Pentax France staff that used Nikon camera's to make their K-3 promotional images......
I doubt the staff take the pictures themselves. They hired an advertising agency who hired a photographer
12-17-2016, 05:13 PM - 1 Like   #284
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
They hired an advertising agency who hired a photographer
that's a HUGE mistake, even pointed in that way...
I really doubt that anyone from Nikon wants to have advertise images, taken with Sony or Canon...
it's a hugeee one. Like a graveyard :-D
12-17-2016, 05:15 PM   #285
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Old news.

645D marketing beauty shots were taken with a Hassy, IIRC.