10-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
rumored Pentax mirrorless camera - something between K1000 and K-01

I saw this and want to post it here:
More on the rumored Pentax mirrorless camera | Pentax Rumors

Really not much has been said other than the title:

"I received an update on the rumored Pentax mirrorless camera – it was described to me as something between the Pentax K-01 (pictured above) and the vintage K1000 SLR camera (see it here on Wikipedia). The official announcement / shipment is expected in Spring of 2017. This is all I have for now. If you have any additional information on this rumored model, you can contact me anonymously here"

10-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Well, very easy to push some kind of serious & classic look + feature improved K-02 out of Sebu...
10-06-2016, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could also be an SLR...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-06-2016, 02:37 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I hope it is an MLC, with a good EVF. I really love the enlarged MF assistant on Sony A7's EVF. I installed all kinds of focusing screens on K DSLRs, but none could match the speed and accuracy of EVF. And I am so tired of AF testing/adjusting...

10-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Could be a K1 silver / retro finishing. With a couple of silver primes, it would not look far from a Nikon Df., but with 36Mpixels instead of 16Mp.
10-06-2016, 04:49 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I will not say never this time.
10-06-2016, 05:39 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I will not say never this time.
Did you say that before? Pentax said they would focus on DSLR at this time, but you know, their focusing system is not very reliable, aimed at DSLR and might hit MLC

10-06-2016, 05:55 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
Did you say that before? Pentax said they would focus on DSLR at this time, but you know, their focusing system is not very reliable, aimed at DSLR and might hit MLC
I have posited Pentax would never try a K-mount MILC again after K-01; dependence on Milbeaut limiting video, breaking the backward-compatibility promise, utter lack of indication they're readying EVF - might be contradicted if they're partnering with someone on a new mount.

MILC isn't my thing, so I'll not say never. The little trickle of hints* is intriguing.

QuoteQuote:
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I can't tell details or when etc, but think there will be a little surprise or two in 2017
QuoteQuote:
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
For me it looks like,they are in brainstorming about Q. It looks like a 50 50 chance for production end or pause.
QuoteQuote:
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
!!! Attention !!! Q is out of production !!! !!! Project Q is on ice,maybe over,maybe paused !!! I asked different persons again,cause of the interview with the informations it is off.

Last edited by monochrome; 10-06-2016 at 09:12 PM.
10-06-2016, 07:17 PM - 1 Like   #9
mee
Veteran Member

How reliable are these rumors? I mean do they just take what anyone sends to them 'anonymously' as fact? We've had several fakes.. some even seemingly taking some effort to craft. Only to discover later it was much ado about nothing or the 'tips' were way off (remember the K-3 being rumored as having a FF sensor? 645D-II with the hasselblad sensor? FF LX-D from back in 2013? hahaha I could go on and on.. )

I will say it reads as interesting but I wouldn't start readying your pre-order just yet...
10-06-2016, 07:29 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
How reliable are these rumors?
Who knows? Some turned to be true next day; some proved to be false a few more days later; some never get followed.
Most discussing are more for fun, more of "what I want/like".
I want to believe it mostly because I like the idea... I bought A7 but never owned an FE lens, and used A7 for adapting only. And I really like a K mount mirrorless camera with good EVF.
10-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #11
npc
Veteran Member

If K-70's Hybrid AF performance is good enough they might as well put that technology into "K-02". The 36mpix sensor does not have PDAF so I don't think they can make a viable mirrorless " K1 Df " out of it ... unless "like K1000" implies "manual focus only"
10-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #12
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
Who knows? Some turned to be true next day; some proved to be false a few more days later; some never get followed.
Most discussing are more for fun, more of "what I want/like".
I want to believe it mostly because I like the idea... I bought A7 but never owned an FE lens, and used A7 for adapting only. And I really like a K mount mirrorless camera with good EVF.
That seems to be what often occurs -- someone has a really loud wish in their mind, so they float the idea as a rumor of an actual product to these rumor mill "news" sites.. who jump on them and discuss them at length. 3-6-12 months later, either it shows up as a product in some form or (often) it does not but everyone forgets about the fake rumors.

Then another one begins..
10-06-2016, 08:43 PM - 3 Likes   #13

Please keep K-mount
10-06-2016, 09:01 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What I'd love the most. . .

Full-frame mirrorless with vintage SLR styling and control dials.

What we're more likely to get. . .

APS-C with a DSLR-like control scheme and awkward styling that's meant to loosely invoke the K-1000 but doesn't really.
10-07-2016, 12:24 AM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
How reliable are these rumors?
I'm quite certain this is a fake. Not "for Pete's sake, it's an April 1st joke" certain, but still, quite certain.
Assuming it's the same rumor as the one about Ricoh simultaneously launching 2 mirrorless, APS-C and FF - which is a dead giveaway; such a thing can only originate from an Internet wet-dreamer

OTOH I believe Ricoh Imaging will enter the large sensor mirrorless market eventually; probably in a Canon-like manner (start slow, build up gradually). I'm not expecting it soon - as they have to work on the D FA line - but I have no inside information I can rely on, so we'll see.