Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2016, 02:46 AM   #1
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Conroe, TX USA
Posts: 324
Image Sync update to version 1.1.2 Android and ios

Newly added feature on version 1.1.2
・Android 6.0.1 support
・Connection performance improved

Will test in morning.
RONC

11-16-2016, 02:47 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,253
Time to put an end to all those connection bugs!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-16-2016, 05:44 AM   #3
Pentaxian
bdery's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec city, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,831
I never had a bug with my copy, either with the phone or tablet. I don't use it a lot, however. But I do dislike that I have to enter the wifi password each time, especially since it's not easy to remember.
11-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #4
Pentaxian
virusn3t's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 612
I hope the app now can JUST work, is awfull slow, buggy, and cant connect with my phone, i was ready to purchase a Mobi-Pro SD (after i say i wouldnt because the X2 fiasco)....

11-16-2016, 01:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Conroe, TX USA
Posts: 324
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
Newly added feature on version 1.1.2
・Android 6.0.1 support
・Connection performance improved

Will test in morning.
RONC
Worked like a champ on droid turbo phone with Android 5 and nexus 7 with Android 6.1.

No fiddling with anything. Turned camera on, set wifi on camera, opened Image Sync 1.1.2 in device, put it password, took lens cap off, pushed LV button and device showed what I aimed camera. Moved focus area and pushed shutter button on device screen. Then downloaded images from camera to device. Surprise how DNG file came to the device with slow 802.11g router - modem. Should be really usable on 802.11ac or n modem.

RONC
11-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,024
QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
I hope the app now can JUST work, is awfull slow, buggy, and cant connect with my phone, i was ready to purchase a Mobi-Pro SD (after i say i wouldnt because the X2 fiasco)....

But you still might have to, depending on your phone.


All the manufacturers implement Android differently.
11-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,074
I had no pb with my old note II and IS previous version.
Update aknowledged... will see if it still works fine with the update
11-16-2016, 04:14 PM   #8
Pentaxian
virusn3t's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 612
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
But you still might have to, depending on your phone.


All the manufacturers implement Android differently.
My phone is an LG G4, recently dead by malfunction on the Motherboard, i get a ZTE 812(?) for meanwhile, but this phone is a joke for any heavy program like WiFi hotspot, i dont even have instaled the Ricoh App here... for my next phone im gonna get a Motorola G4, im done with LG (love the Nexus5 and G4 until both die) and the iPhones dont attract me (camera seems very good, but i can get a best lens for my camera at that prices).



11-16-2016, 05:28 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,024
QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
My phone is an LG G4, recently dead by malfunction on the Motherboard, i get a ZTE 812(?) for meanwhile, but this phone is a joke for any heavy program like WiFi hotspot, i dont even have instaled the Ricoh App here... for my next phone im gonna get a Motorola G4, im done with LG (love the Nexus5 and G4 until both die) and the iPhones dont attract me (camera seems very good, but i can get a best lens for my camera at that prices).

Be *very* careful, Virusn3t, a forum member had Motorola acknowledge a problem with at least one of their models with the ImageSync app, that they had no fix for other than a future OS update.
11-16-2016, 05:45 PM   #10
Site Supporter
i83N's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lithuania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,154
By the way, no iOS update yet.
11-16-2016, 10:10 PM   #11
Site Supporter
dcpropilot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vermont
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 468
It would be nice if you didn't have to enter the password each and every time.
11-16-2016, 10:19 PM   #12
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,715
QuoteOriginally posted by dcpropilot Quote
It would be nice if you didn't have to enter the password each and every time.
Enter 'the password'? I never had to enter a password after the first time.
11-17-2016, 01:23 AM   #13
Pentaxian
redcat's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Paris
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,827
Great news !
Does this work with K3 and Flucard ? Is there any difference in comparison with the browser method (hopefully yes ) ?
11-17-2016, 02:08 AM   #14
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Conroe, TX USA
Posts: 324
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
Great news !
Does this work with K3 and Flucard ? Is there any difference in comparison with the browser method (hopefully yes ) ?
It doesn't work with either the k3 or the Flucard. Limited to the k1, k70, ks02.
RONC
11-17-2016, 03:56 AM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian
redcat's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Paris
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,827
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
It doesn't work with either the k3 or the Flucard. Limited to the k1, k70, ks02.
what a sad news that's unfair the K3 was their flagship, they abandoned our beloved K3 first the KAF4, now this We need someone who make the K3 great again !!!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
app, files, image sync, ios, pentax news, pentax rumors, settings, transfer, update, version, version 1.1.2 android
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-1 firmware update version 1.30 shaolen Pentax News and Rumors 15 09-20-2016 06:38 AM
K70 firmware update 1.1.0,DCU update 5.6.1 OoKU Pentax News and Rumors 4 09-07-2016 02:19 AM
Image Sync using Android Emulator on Windows PCs rechmbrs Pentax K-1 6 07-25-2016 06:24 PM
Ricoh Image Sync v1.1.0 app supports K-1 rawr Pentax K-1 6 03-12-2016 09:13 PM
Trigger Happy Camera Remote (iOS and Android) Trig Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 5 03-05-2012 10:26 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:02 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top