Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2008, 07:03 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Regardless of my previous "encounters" with RH I must say that he provided us a service by translating this article and he's entitled to his personal opinions and analyses on this (like any of us).

And the article only confirms what it was clear from the beggining meaning that Pentax will alocate most of its resources to the APS-C market for cameras and will build on this succes for a FF system in 2009-2010.

@RH: Some of your criteria for the K2000D are there I can tell you that it will be significantly smaller and lighter than K200D and also the least expensive DSLR on the market (in the APS-C) bracket.

Thank you,
Radu
Just did a spreadsheet on U.S. pricing using B & H as the source.
Oly E-420 $440.00
Nikon D40 w/lens $470.00
Oly E-510 $486.00
Sony A 200 w/lens $500.00
Oly E-420 w/lens $530.00
Oly E-510 w/lens $550.00
Oly E-520 $550.00
Sony A 300 w/lens $600.00
Pentax K200D $600.00
Nikon D40X w/lens $610.00
Nikon D60 $620.00
Oly E-520 w/lens $640.00
Pentax k200D w/lens $650.00
I am wondering where this new model will fit in. If you are right about it being the least expensive it would have to be below the Nikon D40 w/lens @$470. If it is as small and light as the Oly I'm in. Hope you are right.

Last edited by regken; 08-02-2008 at 07:19 AM.
08-02-2008, 07:12 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Ben owes me money
08-02-2008, 07:56 AM   #18
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Just did a spreadsheet on U.S. pricing using B & H as the source.
Oly E-420 $440.00
Nikon D40 w/lens $470.00
Oly E-510 $486.00
Sony A 200 w/lens $500.00
Oly E-420 w/lens $530.00
Oly E-510 w/lens $550.00
Oly E-520 $550.00
Sony A 300 w/lens $600.00
Pentax K200D $600.00
Nikon D40X w/lens $610.00
Nikon D60 $620.00
Oly E-520 w/lens $640.00
Pentax k200D w/lens $650.00
I am wondering where this new model will fit in. If you are right about it being the least expensive it would have to be below the Nikon D40 w/lens @$470. If it is as small and light as the Oly I'm in. Hope you are right.
Ken,

Oly has a smaller sensor and it's not possible to make something with an APS-C sensor at least as thin because of the registration distance of the lenses and that affects also the weight. K2000D will battle with C 1000D and Nikon's D40&40x.

Radu
08-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #19
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
Ben owes me money
Me too ....

08-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kev.pride Quote
I think Rice High is High on Rice, why not simply ignore his rantings. With any luck RH may go away.
your post is very rude and can be considered as an ethnic slur
08-02-2008, 08:32 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Theres nothing new or very official about this. This is, as far as I can see, a comment from a rep in China. We had similar comments from Pentax Europe about a year ago; ie. that Pentax was looking into full frame; that it was a natural market trend. A negative release schedule; it will not be within this year is basically worthless info at this stage, as companies do not devulge release dates until they are ready to. In this case, certainly not before Photokina announcements :ugh:.
However, this tidbit of information from China should at least remove the doubts that the rumors about a FF Pentax camera is true...
I'm pretty sure we will see this camera at Photokina in September as indicated by Ben and others...
...not at least because the rumors (which now seem even more reliable) are so detailed even regarding price, that the camera cannot be far away. Remember, that the 645D, which was so ready that camera magazines have had one for loan, never had a estimated price....
08-02-2008, 09:00 AM   #22
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
MODERATOR EDIT: "RH you've been asked not to do that before..."
thanks for the effort dude, nice article you write, thanks for the sharing.

08-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys. But I'm disappointed with that "Mod".

QuoteOriginally posted by jesster Quote
thanks for the effort dude, nice article you write, thanks for the sharing.
I must thank you guys all above who have shown your appreciations to my latest blog article shared and effort spent. I am really glad that you folks do like it and found the information useful.

As for that moderator who've deleted my link and particularly liked to close my opened threads from time to time, I shall raise my (huge) concern to the Site Owner to see if direct URL linkings is not allowed at the PentaxForums, or not, just to make things and the set posting rules clear. This will be be fair to all persons who post here, i.e., no penalisation should be happened for a fair and open place, I think - especially when this unfair thing is executed by a Mod.

If Adam confirms that he, as the site owner, just does not want me to make any direct linkings further, I shall accept this as this is his owned place afterall and I should respect his decision. But I think he should at least let us know about there is such a rule, if any.

DPR has a lengthy blacklisted URL list which no poster could ever include those links directly, those blacklisted URL sites do include the PentaxForums. Of course I do not think this is not a good thing in the Internet community afterall and I don't think Adam will follow in that direction.
08-02-2008, 11:58 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Saki all you are doing is fishing for hits to your site. Nothing more nothing less.

Pentaxforums has over 8,000 members now. You are just using this site to run up traffic to your own site. Why didn't you just post the link to the original content then post a synopsis of what it said here at Pentaxforums. No you post a direct link to your own site. Sorry pal that is trolling.

You are actually comparing yourself with Ned Bunnel. Bunnel works for Pentax. He is giving official information from Pentax. In your case you are just trolling for traffic to your site.
08-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ignore List

Hah Hah - I put RH on my Ignore List some time ago. It's pretty funny to read only the responses, with the OP posts (including the root thread) blocked.
08-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #26
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

RH, if you have anyone to blame...

You share your opinions, which many of us disagree with, and that's fine.
Using this forum to troll, not cool.
Writing utterly negative comments on Pentax gear, and waiting to see what reactions you get on a Pentax forum, totally pointless.

Your track record here is poor to say the least, and now you cry foul when things don't go your way...
If you serve trash, how do you expect to be considered in the future?

Friend, you've obviously got some technical know-how in photography - stop the nonsense and perhaps people would be happy to link to and read your blog.
08-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #27
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

monochrome, your sig has made my day!
Ah, what it would have been like before the loss of innocence!
08-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

@Ash - I'm glad you had a moment of joy! RH should read this, too.

We should be thankful for the Kiplings of the world whose work endures, and though we invite C&C here, understand this commentary on critics

50. Conundrum of the Workshops. Rudyard Kipling. Modern British Poetry

Of course the best thing about our PF community is the critics who encourage and inspire.

And hopefully our pictures will put the lie to the whisperer.
08-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
OK RH we can discuss this publicly if you like, I have nothing to hide, we try to be extremely fair with you on this forum, and yet you cannot offer us the same courtesy.

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
As for that moderator who've deleted my link and particularly liked to close my opened threads from time to time,
I have closed your threads that turned into flame wars, that's for everyone's benefit, including yours..

QuoteQuote:
I shall raise my (huge) concern to the Site Owner to see if direct URL linkings is not allowed at the PentaxForums, or not, just to make things and the set posting rules clear. This will be be fair to all persons who post here, i.e., no penalisation should be happened for a fair and open place, I think - especially when this unfair thing is executed by a Mod.
Please do, the site owner is the one who originally asked you to AT LEAST put a short synopsis of your blog entry along with your link. Pentax forums does not exist to advertise your blog. Again you seem incapable of even offering us the slightest courtesy.

QuoteQuote:
DPR has a lengthy blacklisted URL list which no poster could ever include those links directly, those blacklisted URL sites do include the PentaxForums. Of course I do not think this is not a good thing in the Internet community afterall and I don't think Adam will follow in that direction.
He hasn't, see my point above!

If you need any clarification on any of this please feel free to contact me via PM, or contact Adam.
08-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, and I will follow.

QuoteOriginally posted by joele Quote
OK RH we can discuss this publicly if you like, I have nothing to hide, we try to be extremely fair with you on this forum, and yet you cannot offer us the same courtesy.
Okay, thanks for your reply and your willingness to respond publicly. I don't think you have been very fair to me, honestly speaking. But Adam has been most of the time.

I have nothing to hide also and have been following published forum rules strictly. Why that is still not fair enough? Unless there are some rules that are hidden.. So, I need to make the clarification.

QuoteQuote:
I have closed your threads that turned into flame wars, that's for everyone's benefit, including yours..
My opinion is you should moderate those members who created the troubles. But not to take away the chance for those all others who participated in the discussion on topic and following the forum rules!

I am afraid that this is surely not the best way for using your authority here. What you have been doing just made the good members upset and those actually violated the forum rules laughed!

QuoteQuote:
Please do, the site owner is the one who originally asked you to AT LEAST put a short synopsis of your blog entry along with your link. Pentax forums does not exist to advertise your blog. Again you seem incapable of even offering us the slightest courtesy.
Okay, no problem. Thanks for your clarification for your standpoint and requirement anyway, although it is not mentioned anyplace here at the Forums as rules for members to follow.

QuoteQuote:
If you need any clarification on any of this please feel free to contact me via PM, or contact Adam.
I have sent a PM to Adam already shortly after your responded post I made yesterday. I am really curious to see what Adam actually thinks actually and I think I should respect his final decision for what should be followed at his owned site.

Anyway, thanks for your clarification and I do hope more communications can eliminate all those misunderstandings.
Closed Thread