Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2008, 11:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Official: New DSLR Body is Coming; Full Frame Model is Under Planning!

MODERATOR EDIT: "RH you've been asked not to do that before..."

Last edited by joele; 08-02-2008 at 07:42 AM.
08-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice plug for your site. Decent thing to do is link the other direct links than say theres more (summed up) info on your page
08-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
Nice plug for your site. Decent thing to do is link the other direct links than say theres more (summed up) info on your page
There are just too many links I quoted and included in my article. I have done some translations for the interview article by myself too (I bet you guys won't understand good enough for those Babelfish robot translation! :-)). If you (or any others) just don't want to read at my site, just skip, my humble advice.
08-01-2008, 11:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The main 2 links at the top of the article would do than stating that you have more links and summed up info would be nice.
RH I know you have some good views and info but to a lot here you have a bad troll-ish rep, this does not help it any by posting something you know will get hits that just links to your personal page w/out anything else stated

08-02-2008, 12:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The main 2 links at the top of the article would do than stating that you have more links and summed up info would be nice.
RH I know you have some good views and info but to a lot here you have a bad troll-ish rep, this does not help it any by posting something you know will get hits that just links to your personal page w/out anything else stated
My old friend, I don't need you to teach me how to post in the internet. As I have told you (and others as well), if you just feel so disguised to read my pages, just skip. Why bother visit?

Since you have known me for long, if you could recall your memory, I did post like that back to 1999 at the PZ, when I was still "praising" Pentax. Why DID you not teach me how to post by that time and for years? But just until now and here??

I would stop here and will not respond further to you in this thread if you keep insisting, as I don't want that your irrelevant arguments to hi-jack my this thread - which is just off-topic and irrelevant, again (and of course meaningless and non-constructive). My original intention is just for sharing all the news within my completely written article. I feel really rather disappointed for your meaningless replies which IMO are the true troll posts.

Anyway, if you are willing to discuss back on the topic regarding the future developments and upcoming products of Pentax DSLRs, I shall be glad to back into discussions and dialogues with you goodself again.
08-02-2008, 12:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Typo: "disguised" should be read "disgusted" above.

One more comment: Ned Bunnell has been doing exactly the same by just quoting links to his new articles at his blog from time to time when posting at the DPR, even far more often than me in frequency and proportion, why haven't you *shouted* at him at the DPR forum? You have an account there, right? (You need not to answer me in any way - you, me and any others who will judge will know the true reason for WHY..)

Last edited by RiceHigh; 08-02-2008 at 12:34 AM.
08-02-2008, 12:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

To prevent clicking on that link, here are the important bits:

·á¸»µ¥·´²úÆ·Ïß ±öµÃ×ܾ*Àí²ñÌïÖǺØר·Ã-ÖйشåÔÚÏß

1. "Pentax will market a new DSLR in the second half year of 2008 and aim at diversify the product line for more choices for the customers."

2. "We (Pentax) have already noted the new Full Frame trend. We have started to plan for the development of a Full Frame DSLR. However, this will not be come true within this year."

3. "The edge of our DSLR products is in picture quality, which has been our main focus in our Research and Development from time to time."

4. "Yes, we are now putting more resources and much focus in the development and marketing of DSLRs, but this is just a transitional strategical arrangement, this doesn't mean we are aborting the P&S DC market."

5. "Currently (in China), our sales and after sales services (in other cities in China) solely rely on our agent. In order to improve our services and supports for our Pentax products, we shall setup more local branch offices at major cities in China so that the needs of our customers can be catered better and to help them better for the problems they face with their Pentax products."

6. "Although we have been purchased by HOYA, our independence in the camera business is ensured and maintained, as you all could see so far. On the other hand, Hoya being a large manufacturer and supplier of glass, Pentax have been able to get some advantages in getting the basic raw material in making lenses and cameras and there exists an edge."

The rest is just a bunch of nonsense written by RH.

08-02-2008, 01:39 AM   #8
Veteran Member

so new camera isn't ff 35mm this year, so high end apsc or 645...

focus on image quality = not high speed ??
08-02-2008, 01:55 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What are you doing?

Huh?

You've copied and pasted paragraphs and so many words from my own article without my permission and then still yet bashed me "nonsense"??

Do you know what you are doing actually???

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
To prevent clicking on that link, here are the important bits:

·á¸»µ¥·´²úÆ·Ïß ±öµÃ×ܾ*Àí²ñÌïÖǺØר·Ã-ÖйشåÔÚÏß

1. "Pentax will market a new DSLR in the second half year of 2008 and aim at diversify the product line for more choices for the customers."

2. "We (Pentax) have already noted the new Full Frame trend. We have started to plan for the development of a Full Frame DSLR. However, this will not be come true within this year."

3. "The edge of our DSLR products is in picture quality, which has been our main focus in our Research and Development from time to time."

4. "Yes, we are now putting more resources and much focus in the development and marketing of DSLRs, but this is just a transitional strategical arrangement, this doesn't mean we are aborting the P&S DC market."

5. "Currently (in China), our sales and after sales services (in other cities in China) solely rely on our agent. In order to improve our services and supports for our Pentax products, we shall setup more local branch offices at major cities in China so that the needs of our customers can be catered better and to help them better for the problems they face with their Pentax products."

6. "Although we have been purchased by HOYA, our independence in the camera business is ensured and maintained, as you all could see so far. On the other hand, Hoya being a large manufacturer and supplier of glass, Pentax have been able to get some advantages in getting the basic raw material in making lenses and cameras and there exists an edge."

The rest is just a bunch of nonsense written by RH.
08-02-2008, 02:24 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Please, let's stay fair here. RH has pointed us to the source and I thank him for this.

IMHO, the most important information contained in the article crosslinked by RH reads:
QuoteQuote:
"To eliminate any doubt, this year Pentax will not launch a FF SLR product."
(The "this will not be come true within this year" translation as provided by RH in his blog, and copied here by ftpaddict).
08-02-2008, 02:58 AM   #11

RiceHigh, thank you for the information

And by the way, I like your blog
08-02-2008, 04:49 AM   #12
Veteran Member

well thats the first time I have been to Ricehigh's blog and to his credit he points to the source and makes it pretty clear which parts are fact / opinion / speculation etc (and his opinion was pretty tame compared to some I have seen ). thankyou
08-02-2008, 05:16 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Um, what? You may not like the OP but I see nothing whatsoever wrong in him linking to an article he has written that contains info we may be interested in. Would you prefer he rewrites all of it here for your benefit? This personal vendetta stuff brings down the tone of this forum.

Now, on to RiceHigh's article...

I do not mind his critical tone in general, but sometimes (as here) it is negative to the point of being farcical. Pentax says they will introduce a new camera so RH re-iterates that they need a new camera... at length. Pentax say they will have a FF camera so RH says they need a FF camera. Ho hum.

Yes we know Pentax is late to the table... that is their style. They have always been late which is why they are no longer number one in the world. If you want to buy based on popularity, that door is always open.

Pentax say that their edge is in "picture quality" and RH denies it. Sure all the major manufacturers will give you cameras you can take great pictures with... no kidding. Does this mean Pentax has nothing special to offer? Reviewers and photographers far better than myself disagree -- Pentax has been attracting attention from many sources with the K20D which does, in fact, provide a superior imaging option with its sensor. Please refer to reviews and comments in the British Journal of Photography, Luminous Landscape, etc.

When RH writes "Pentax still lack true upper class (not even to mention "pro" class) DSLR products" he has obviously been asleep through the entire Limited range of lenses. And the weather sealed bodies that no-one else offers at the price. And the innovative shooting modes. And... well, the list goes on.

He further criticises various parts of the press report as being too full of marketing speak and generalities, as if that is surprising in any way.

Articles like this devalue the opinion of RH even further than before.
08-02-2008, 05:32 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
why not simply ignore his rantings. With any luck RH may go away.

Last edited by wlank; 08-02-2008 at 08:11 AM. Reason: inappropriate
08-02-2008, 06:02 AM   #15
RaduA

Regardless of my previous "encounters" with RH I must say that he provided us a service by translating this article and he's entitled to his personal opinions and analyses on this (like any of us).

And the article only confirms what it was clear from the beggining meaning that Pentax will alocate most of its resources to the APS-C market for cameras and will build on this succes for a FF system in 2009-2010.

@RH: Some of your criteria for the K2000D are there I can tell you that it will be significantly smaller and lighter than K200D and also the least expensive DSLR on the market (in the APS-C) bracket.

Thank you,
Radu
Closed Thread