Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
BTW, I just noticed a powerpack for the AF540FGZ. Didn't know that existed, would that allow continuous shooting?
Wim,

I have the power pack. Uses 6 "C" batteries. It has two advantages.

1, With the battery pack (and a fresh set of batteries) I can be confident of getting through an entire event and using the flash hundreds of times without having to change batteries.

2, With the battery pack, the 540 FGZ is ready for the next shot MUCH more quickly, and you can indeed hope to take shots in quick succession fairly often - bang, bang, bang. Notice the commas. Not "bang bang bang" but "bang, bang, bang." Still, that's better than "bang one one thousand two one thousand, bang..."

I only use the pack if I'm shooting an event and plan to take a lot of shots. Otherwise it's a bit of a pain to have to hang it on my belt and have the flash tied to the pack.

Will

09-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm holding out on buying a 31mm limited in order to see what form and performance the new DA* 30mm has..

Are we back on track yet?