Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2017, 03:41 PM   #496
Pentaxian

Actually, OVF in most cases means the SLR-type TTL reflex viewfinder. A completely different beast from that tunnel-type found on the Fuji.

07-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #497
Veteran Member

Google Translate
nice read..
07-19-2017, 04:11 PM   #498
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Lopez Quote
Google Translate
nice read..
"objectives Objective DA 10-18 f / 2.8: First Half 2017
Objective D-FA * 85 f / 1.4: first half of 2017
Objective D-FA * 35 f / 1.4: 2017
Objective D-FA 50 f / 1.4 (or 1.2): 2017
Objective D-FA 20 f / 2.8: 2017
Objective D-FA UGA: 2017"

They're already wrong. We got 0 lenses in the first half of 2017. Not a one.
07-19-2017, 04:21 PM   #499
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
"objectives Objective DA 10-18 f / 2.8: First Half 2017
Objective D-FA * 85 f / 1.4: first half of 2017
Objective D-FA * 35 f / 1.4: 2017
Objective D-FA 50 f / 1.4 (or 1.2): 2017
Objective D-FA 20 f / 2.8: 2017
Objective D-FA UGA: 2017"

They're already wrong. We got 0 lenses in the first half of 2017. Not a one.
I know..the author was proposing what he speculated what would be , based on facts he mentions.
What I found interesting is how he keeps bracketing the K70 against the k3ii as like saying that since the K70 is around, there is no sense on doing a K3-3, rather it would be more realistic to expect a K90?

07-19-2017, 04:30 PM   #500
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Ha Ha, @65 I don't read with glasses....and sure, the OVFS are good(especially K-1)....I have no problem with my EVFs or any that ive used of cameras I don't own.

Mind you I don't own a $ony and have never used one of their EVFs...

Maybe Clacka needs an eye check?
Read Photooptimist's posts above, Surfar, it is actually not possible for an EVF to match the instant response of an OVF.

You love posting MILC propaganda videos, so here's one for you:

Skip ahead to 3 mins 55 sec if you like.

07-19-2017, 04:34 PM   #501
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Claka, that's OLD!
07-19-2017, 04:38 PM - 1 Like   #502
mee
Veteran Member

Claka, that's OLD!
And still accurate.

While EVFs have improved much since the A7 (which I think had a terrible EVF), they still are not on par with an OVF in terms of responsiveness.

07-19-2017, 04:59 PM   #503
Pentaxian

Yes

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
And still accurate.

While EVFs have improved much since the A7 (which I think had a terrible EVF), they still are not on par with an OVF in terms of responsiveness.
Not disagreeing at all...just commenting

If we look at the evolution of digital systems,its early days in terms of time....the best is yet to come!

The "perfect" camera hasn't been produced yet....but perfect for Mee or you?

New tech obsoletes what we think is good in our minds....
07-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #504
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Claka, that's OLD!
But you denied this happened at all ... that it must be our eyesight or something, that this garage scene wouldn't happen to you.
07-19-2017, 05:33 PM   #505
Veteran Member

Why Mirrorless?

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Ahh, one doesn't see 'through' an EVF, which is entirely the point of contention.
Exactly, monochrome!!! I predict that the "Next Big Deal" for EVF's will be to monetize them and have a "fake news" ticker at the bottom and consumer-scored ads pop out from the side. Hey, why not, since you don't control the interface anymore!! EVF's are one more step away from personal control to a cloud/crowd/mob-controlled life. I will bet you it will happen within 10 years or less......
07-19-2017, 09:24 PM   #506
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK ... I'm not trying to start or continue a fight. I'm not advocating for anything. I simply feel I should expand on my comment previously
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
EVF is always a benefit of MILC; see what sensor sees.
Currently I am using a K-30 which I purchased 26 months ago. Regardless of whether my K-30 comes down with the aperture ailment, I will be trying to fit a K-70 into our budget, primarily for the improved ISO performance. Looking back over the past few years, I have taken a lot of pictures in darkish conditions, such as in back corners of museums. Even if the K-70 gives me much better performance there, I will still have the framing problems I have today, even today I take pictures I cannot see through my OVF; I don't lug a tripod around with me, so I have to frame these pictures holding the camera out zombie-style so I can use LV to frame the picture. For that use in particular, my personal opinion is that a K-07 {K-70 mechanism in a K-01 body} would be vastly superior to anything else available to me.

And, yes, I could use the Hoodman from my Q-7 kit, but I would still be holding the K-70 in an awkward position.

And, yes, I could use the Q-7, but high ISO is definitely not its area of strength.
07-19-2017, 11:34 PM   #507
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Lopez Quote
Google Translate
nice read..
Thanks for posting, but it's baseless - and very much wrong - speculation. Either random or wishful thinking - they're even contradicting information publicly available to us.
07-20-2017, 03:13 AM   #508
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
OK ... I'm not trying to start or continue a fight. I'm not advocating for anything. I simply feel I should expand on my comment previously

Currently I am using a K-30 which I purchased 26 months ago. Regardless of whether my K-30 comes down with the aperture ailment, I will be trying to fit a K-70 into our budget, primarily for the improved ISO performance. Looking back over the past few years, I have taken a lot of pictures in darkish conditions, such as in back corners of museums. Even if the K-70 gives me much better performance there, I will still have the framing problems I have today, even today I take pictures I cannot see through my OVF; I don't lug a tripod around with me, so I have to frame these pictures holding the camera out zombie-style so I can use LV to frame the picture. For that use in particular, my personal opinion is that a K-07 {K-70 mechanism in a K-01 body} would be vastly superior to anything else available to me.

And, yes, I could use the Hoodman from my Q-7 kit, but I would still be holding the K-70 in an awkward position.

And, yes, I could use the Q-7, but high ISO is definitely not its area of strength.
I guess I haven't had any issues, but I can understand if people prefer an EVF. I recently used my brother-in-law's Olympus PEN F to take some photos of him and his family. It was fairly bright and I just found the EVF to freeze when I was taking pictures and not to look anything like the scene in front of me. It was, frankly, disconcerting and I felt like it made it more difficult for me to frame what was going on. I didn't mess with it and it is possible that there are ways to tune the EVF to look/act a little more like an OVF would, but as it was I would struggle using it.

I have said before, but the whole WYSIWYG idea of the EVF is only true if you aren't someone who does much post processing. I typically shoot under exposed by a stop or a little more to save highlights and then adjust levels, etc in post. I know when looking at scene through an OVF how much dynamic range I am dealing with (roughly) and if it is at the point that I will need to bracket in order to get the image I want. An EVF flattens the scene, as it has significantly lower dynamic range than the sensor is capable of producing, and actually limits my ability to predict what I will need to do.

In the end, I think we will all just deal with what the market gives us, but I do think certain styles of shooting lend themselves better to one type viewfinder or the other. I don't shoot much in dark museums so, that really hasn't been an issue for me.
07-20-2017, 03:40 AM   #509
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

D-fa uga???
07-20-2017, 08:35 AM   #510

thank you for the clarification on view finders , also clears up some questions about mirror less.
Closed Thread