Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #166
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
"They" as singular uncertain is currently used in American English, but it is terrible usage in an effort to be gender neutral. In correct usage "they" is plural.
In your opinion.

And the point I was making was to express to a potentially non-native English speaker that 'they' used in this context can be (and largely is) considered proper English grammar today. That is to say, there was nothing incorrect with my usage of this gender-neutral pronoun.

---------- Post added 01-13-17 at 06:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Not exactly, mein Freund . To be nitpicky, Sayuri says that "strictly speaking, it (= the new camera to be announced on the 26th; by the way, on the 25th at 22:00 UTC / 23:00 CET for us European people but I digress) is not a further development of the K-3 II. On the contrary, it's a brand new concept, with a veeeeery well-considered battery grip system, in my opinion".
Yes, and I was referring to Sayuri as the 'they' in my response.

01-13-2017, 05:26 PM - 1 Like   #167
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Considering battery grips have been pretty much the same for the past decade or so, it will be interesting to see what could make one muuuch better.
The attachment system used on the MZ-S comes to mind...
at least, that's what I hope for.
01-13-2017, 05:33 PM - 3 Likes   #168
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OTH Quote
@steve

the source is german.
DigitalFotoNetz.de :: Thema anzeigen - K-3 III ?
The source appears to be somebody from a small Pentax club in Switzerland in a thread on a German forum reacting to "news" on Pentax Forums (this thread ). Most of the thread is silliness, jokes and speculation similar to what has been posted here. I don't see why this single post should be deemed credible anymore than if I were to state that there will be:
  • New camera to be announced 1 March 2017 to ship 1 June 2017
  • Innovative mirrorless design APS-C with three-stage EVF
  • Unique expanding mount to accommodate K, Q, and the new "P" (short register, electronic coupling) mount without need for adapters
I will post more details as they become available.

Steve
01-13-2017, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #169
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
hmmm, it's not a K-3ii successor though, she said it's an "entirely new concept".

Curious if there will be a K-3ii successor as well down the road?
I'm still excited to see what's announced in two weeks!
That doesn't mean its not a sucessor. It means it's not a k-3 III.

01-13-2017, 05:40 PM - 1 Like   #170
Veteran Member

The battery grip's power will be provided by the Theta docked within it. Set the camera to Fly mode and the prism opens up, revealing a propeller (this has replaced both the pop-up flash and the GPS). The Theta descends from the camera's undercarriage and the K-4iixs becomes a drone.

(I am looking forward to the actual announcement, whenever it may be)
01-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #171
OTH

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The source appears to be somebody from a small Pentax club in Switzerland in a thread on a German forum reacting to "news" on Pentax Forums (this thread ). .... I don't see why this single post should be deemed credible anymore than if I .....
Steve
Because she's a serious source with a professional background and very good relations to Pentax. So you are ?
01-13-2017, 05:49 PM   #172
Veteran Member

The source appears to be somebody from a small Pentax club in Switzerland in a thread on a German forum reacting to "news" on Pentax Forums (this thread ). Most of the thread is silliness, jokes and speculation similar to what has been posted here. I don't see why this single post should be deemed credible anymore than if I were to state that there will be:
  • Innovative mirrorless design APS-C with three-stage EVF
  • Unique expanding mount to accommodate K, Q, and the new "P" (short register, electronic coupling) mount without need for adapters
I will post more details as they become available.

Steve
Have we been baited?

01-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #173
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Because she's a serious source with a professional background and very good relations to Pentax. So you are ?
Yep...I be expert and Pentax like me veeery much.

Steve
01-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #174
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wisent Quote
The attachment system used on the MZ-S comes to mind...
at least, that's what I hope for.
I can just imagine the grumbles about yet another grip to buy, but I have to agree that it's a neat system, from its appearance (not having used one). I dare say the use of the tripod mount makes it a little cheaper to manufacture, just the same.
01-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #175
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lightbox Quote
Have we been baited?
Just my attempt to be credible source. BTW...the grip is nothing special...no batteries, just grip.

Steve
01-13-2017, 06:03 PM   #176
OTH

Yep...I be expert and Pentax like me veeery much.
Steve
Steve
So please explain why should Pentax announce the new camera 1st of march ? The CP+ is end of february and without any doubt they will never miss that date to announce a new camera a week after the most important fair of cameras.
01-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #177
Veteran Member

Just my attempt to be credible source. BTW...the grip is nothing special...no batteries, just grip.

Steve
No, I meant from that other site. Maybe they know we're jumpy want to have some fun
01-13-2017, 06:08 PM   #178
mee
Veteran Member

So please explain why should Pentax announce the new camera 1st of march ? The CP+ is end of february and without any doubt they will never miss that date to announce a new camera a week after the most important fair of cameras.
I think steve was just attempting rude humor in his mocking of the quoted information; he was inventing his own 'facts' to mock the other news infos since he feels they are entirely false.
01-13-2017, 06:09 PM   #179
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

So please explain why should Pentax announce the new camera 1st of march ?
Why is Japanese writing right to left? I broke my NDA and you question the significance of dates?

Steve

(...I really suck at blatant trolling...)
01-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #180
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

See here
Closed Thread