Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 297 Likes Search this Thread
01-14-2017, 08:11 AM   #211
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Spot on. This is my concern here.
Well, Pentaxrumors reported that a 'Pentax KP' has recently been registered with the Philippine telecommunications agency, and it is classified as 'Digital Single Lens Reflex'. So it looks like we can breath a deep sigh of relief.

01-14-2017, 08:14 AM   #212
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
So it looks like we can breath a deep sigh of relief.
Relief, why? Was anyone needlessly worried?

If so, I found the solution on this very thread:
01-14-2017, 08:23 AM   #213
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by edmundrt Quote
The CAPA magazine prediction says (my translation):

Bullet points to the right of the image
- It is unclear whether it will have an APS-C or FF sensor
- K-mount lenses will be usable via an adapter
- The monitor will have a 'flexible tilt' like the K-1's
- Classical design like the MX-1

The text below the image just reiterates that they think it will be like the 'classical' MX-1 but with a K-1 style screen and the ability to mount K mount lenses via an adapter.

In short, they are predicting it to be a mirrorless camera which will have retro styling, the K-1's flexible screen design and will require an adapter to mount K mount lenses. It all sounds a bit too far fetched and unlikely to me, but who knows?
I saw this in the magazine a couple of weeks ago, but having seen similar articles before, I didn't pay much attention. Normally these articles are written as pure speculation from a celebrity photographer they've invited to comment. For example, last year a similar article predicted that the GXR would be relaunched with full frame modules. It's just entertainment. If the magazine really had inside information, which they may well have, they would risk their relationships with the manufacturers by printing it.
01-14-2017, 08:25 AM   #214
Pentaxian

Well, Pentaxrumors reported that a 'Pentax KP' has recently been registered with the Philippine telecommunications agency, and it is classified as 'Digital Single Lens Reflex'. So it looks like we can breath a deep sigh of relief.
Indeed. Moreover, the mirrorless Fujifilm X-A3 (registered in January 2017 by Postel), Fujifilm X-A10 (registered in December 2016), Fujifilm X-T2 (registered in October 2016) and the rangefinder camera Leica M10 (registered in October 2016 under its '3656' code name) are all described as "Camera" or "Digital Camera", not as "Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera" like the Pentax KP, so we are safe.

01-14-2017, 08:29 AM   #215
Veteran Member

As I said, I think it's unlikely. In my other area of interest - cars - it is very common for magazines to guess wildly at what the successor to, e.g., the VW Golf will be, and include renderings and specifications, only for it to turn out to be something entirely different.

Please take what I wrote with a grain of salt. I don't believe it to be true, it is just a translation of a magazine's speculation.
01-14-2017, 08:55 AM   #216
mee
Veteran Member

Well, Pentaxrumors reported that a 'Pentax KP' has recently been registered with the Philippine telecommunications agency, and it is classified as 'Digital Single Lens Reflex'.
So was the K-01? Oh wait.. no.. that was a true mirrorless. Just no EVF.

---------- Post added 01-14-17 at 09:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by edmundrt Quote
As I said, I think it's unlikely. In my other area of interest - cars - it is very common for magazines to guess wildly at what the successor to, e.g., the VW Golf will be, and include renderings and specifications, only for it to turn out to be something entirely different.

Please take what I wrote with a grain of salt. I don't believe it to be true, it is just a translation of a magazine's speculation.
Ahh so not really insider info... phew!
01-14-2017, 09:21 AM - 1 Like   #217
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
So was the K-01? Oh wait.. no.. that was a true mirrorless. Just no EVF.

(...)
K-01: no WiFi, no Bluetooth --> no registration by the local telecoms authorities .

01-14-2017, 11:21 AM   #218
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
K-01: no WiFi, no Bluetooth --> no registration by the local telecoms authorities .
What does WiFi or Bluetooth have to do with the K-01? I think you, again, miss the point I'm making. I'm speaking of the form/design of the camera (rectangle with minimal grip and no viewfinder) and not the networking features.
01-14-2017, 11:31 AM   #219
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
That's actually a pretty good idea. Much more nose friendly.
Pentax K-P..."P" for Periscope...

Steve
01-14-2017, 11:34 AM   #220
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Nah...registered in Singapore, made in Philipines...
01-14-2017, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #221
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Nah...registered in Singapore, made in Philipines...
I went back to the article, and we're both wrong - registered in Indonesia
01-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #222
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Guys theres a whole thread on the Registration and speculation of the KP registered in Indonesia. It's been fun following all the rumours.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/337941-pentax-kp-ds...indonesia.html
01-14-2017, 02:27 PM   #223
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by following.eric Quote
Guys theres a whole thread on the Registration and speculation of the KP registered in Indonesia. It's been fun following all the rumours.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/337941-pentax-kp-ds...indonesia.html
yep...same people posting on both and it is easy to get mixed up. Perhaps the mods will merge them.

Steve
01-14-2017, 03:48 PM - 1 Like   #224
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
yep...same people posting on both and it is easy to get mixed up. Perhaps the mods will merge them.
As long as none get discovered by the squirrels, I think we are safe
01-16-2017, 11:12 PM - 2 Likes   #225
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hahahahah this was the funn(i)est thread to read. I am planning on upgrading from my K-50 soon and I really hope there will be a K-3ii replacement. I'm guessing there will be 10 new pages of posts in the morning for me to read over my morning coffee. I love you Pentax Forms! Pentax is DOOMED and I will gladly go down with the sinking ship and all of you fine folks.

Also i am kind of amazed that this thread eventually turned into an actual rumor thread after getting so ridiculous. Kudos to the people brave enough to venture into foreign language websites. You guys should create the Pentax Forums Intelligence Service or something.
Closed Thread