Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2017, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #586
Pentaxian

^ When the K-3II replacement appears, more than likely the K-3II will drop even lower. That'll be the time to buy.

08-24-2017, 07:50 AM   #587
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
You do realize that you're fabricating unsubstantiated arguments, don't you ? (see bold words)

That is what an opinion is.. hence why I said "I still think"

The bigger question is what do you have against someone having an opinion?
08-24-2017, 07:55 AM - 2 Likes   #588
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shoot with what you have, not with what you're waiting for.
08-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #589
Pentaxian

Speaking of which, I remember reading somewhere that the Ricoh reps got very limited info as far as what was going to be released per year. Something along the lines how many products were being released, but no other info besides that. No camera, lens, or any other product info. After the the KP was released, there was still going to be one more thing coming out this year. I was trying to look for that post or article, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

With that in mind & also the silver K-1 announcement, I'm guessing that the K-1 is that final release for this year. If that article or post was true & the silver K-1 was part of that final release, my guess is that we're not going to see anything else this year.

So yeah, anyone have any insider info? Where's asahiman & kenpo?

08-24-2017, 03:59 PM   #590
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Speaking of which, I remember reading somewhere that the Ricoh reps got very limited info as far as what was going to be released per year. Something along the lines how many products were being released, but no other info besides that. No camera, lens, or any other product info. After the the KP was released, there was still going to be one more thing coming out this year. I was trying to look for that post or article, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

With that in mind & also the silver K-1 announcement, I'm guessing that the K-1 is that final release for this year. If that article or post was true & the silver K-1 was part of that final release, my guess is that we're not going to see anything else this year.

So yeah, anyone have any insider info? Where's asahiman & kenpo?
Yes we need insider info asap... waiting for so long that it is becoming ridiculous
08-25-2017, 07:00 AM   #591
OTH

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
Yes we need insider info asap... waiting for so long that it is becoming ridiculous
Just wait until end of September
08-25-2017, 09:51 AM   #592
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can we change the main photo for this thread?

08-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #593
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
We Pentaxians are so impatient. We just got the KP and now we want something more. Slowly guys, maybe Ricoh is just trying to get a breather after the KP.
08-25-2017, 06:15 PM   #594
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
We Pentaxians are so impatient. We just got the KP and now we want something more. Slowly guys, maybe Ricoh is just trying to get a breather after the KP.
The KP was not the droid we were looking for.
08-25-2017, 06:22 PM   #595
Pentaxian

^That.
08-25-2017, 08:08 PM   #596
Pentaxian

But you guys have to admit that the KP is one sexy mean machine. It's just unfortunate that I bout my K-3II last year and my K-5II two years earlier, I guess I won't be needing a new camera in the next 5 years. If I had the money, I would like to buy the KP. Unfortunately I'm a believer that he who needs least is truly rich. And I'm still not that rich. :P
08-25-2017, 08:58 PM   #597
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
But you guys have to admit that the KP is one sexy mean machine. It's just unfortunate that I bout my K-3II last year and my K-5II two years earlier, I guess I won't be needing a new camera in the next 5 years. If I had the money, I would like to buy the KP. Unfortunately I'm a believer that he who needs least is truly rich. And I'm still not that rich. :P
The ergo does nothing for me. But that sensor and high ISO performance would be spiffy in a K-3 III with the K-3 II body or even the K-1's body. I say that even though I'm out of the game.. since I went full frame as I got tired of waiting.
08-25-2017, 11:07 PM   #598
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
The ergo does nothing for me. But that sensor and high ISO performance would be spiffy in a K-3 III with the K-3 II body or even the K-1's body. I say that even though I'm out of the game.. since I went full frame as I got tired of waiting.
Congratulations on your choice. The K-1 is another beautiful beast. I hope Pentax will come out with more support for you FF lovers. More lenses and probably another beautiful beast to come after the K-1.
08-26-2017, 09:50 AM   #599
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
The KP was not the droid we were looking for.
Indeed, nice body but not the one we had in mind
08-26-2017, 06:12 PM   #600
Pentaxian

I'm curious: what's everyone's plan if there is no follow-on to the current K3 this year? Or next year? How long would everyone wait before concluding that there will likely be no follow-on?
Closed Thread