Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #316
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
When did eddie1960 the Wise abandon wisdom for madness?
Ha went Fuji two + years back when my Pentax gear was stoilen. had the K1 been out it may have been a different story , it was still k3 not even k3ii on the market. i tried the XT1 and the XE2 and was sold bought both added an xpro and an XE1 infrared conversion. Still have all my taks (they missed those) , still enjoy this forum now I'm back. and am tempted by a K1 but that money will get me the xpro2 which i want to replace my xpro and my xt1...maybe after that a K1 with 31/43/77 and a 70-200

01-17-2017, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #317
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"..maybe after that a K1 with 31/43/77 and a 70-200"

It's an astonishingly good reflex camera but you'll miss the EVF. I don't like them but I'm old.
01-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #318
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Aaaaaand now the thread has been fully Godwinized.
Does that mean Mirrorless is the Hitler of Pentax Forums?

Actually, I could sort of see myself dabbling in mirrorless, provided it got me over the problem of the viewfinder going incredibly dark whenever I stopped the Taks down and provided battery tech improved to the point where I could shoot for an entire day without needing a change. Then I could see myself getting a mirrorless "MX-D" with the electronic support goodies in place of the mirror gear and the EVF giving me a quick post-shot preview along the lines of "blown, salvageable, dark as pitch".
01-17-2017, 11:13 AM - 5 Likes   #319
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
But will it have a Kung-fu grip?
Older Pentaxians might need Polygrip!

01-17-2017, 11:16 AM   #320
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote

Actually, I could sort of see myself dabbling in mirrorless, provided it got me over the problem of the viewfinder going incredibly dark whenever I stopped the Taks down and provided battery tech improved to the point where I could shoot for an entire day without needing a change. Then I could see myself getting a mirrorless "MX-D" with the electronic support goodies in place of the mirror gear and the EVF giving me a quick post-shot preview along the lines of "blown, salvageable, dark as pitch".
whether the VF goes dark or not is down to a setting in the camera (at least with fuji) now if it's low light the VF performance gets grainy if you have it set to compensate(handy for focusing in low light with a tak, otherwise i set mine to reflect WYSIWYG
a mirrorless MX would be a tempting thing - the XT1/2 actually handle very much like old school film bodies (iso dial, shutter speed dial, EV dial and use the aperture ring on the lens - that was what sold me in the first place, i could revert to old school control
01-17-2017, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #321
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
But will it have a Kung-fu grip?
This quote is a thread winner in my books.
01-17-2017, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #322
Pentaxian

Guys, you need to stop. I had weird dreams about new cameras last night due to this thread

I'm enjoying it though.
01-17-2017, 11:53 AM - 1 Like   #323
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote

If a thread (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare something to something on mirrorless.*

* This is actually the Revised Godwin's Law of PentaxForums. Formerly the eventual comparison was to full frame.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-17-2017 at 12:41 PM.
01-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #324
Drop And Give Me 50!
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
Guys, you need to stop. I had weird dreams about new cameras last night due to this thread

I'm enjoying it though.
I have weird dreams most every night.

Not always about new cameras though.

"So, tell me about your dreams", asked the shrink . . . . .
01-17-2017, 12:49 PM - 3 Likes   #325
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

I have no ideas, but it seems like a good time to throw in "Pentax is Doomed"...before someone beats me to it!

Regards!
01-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #326
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I have no ideas, but it seems like a good time to throw in "Pentax is Doomed"...before someone beats me to it!

Regards!
Pentax is doomed anyway because its all we have been waiting for. To shake the pentax world.

A new mount!!!!!!
01-17-2017, 02:56 PM   #327
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
A new mount!!!!!!
Really ???
01-17-2017, 03:05 PM - 1 Like   #328
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
A new mount!!!!!!
Should it be a full frame mount, or a pony?

(sorry, folks - reading too much GoT of late... and winter is here!)
01-17-2017, 04:12 PM - 1 Like   #329
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Oh Mr. Pentax, if we are discussing things verbally this thread would be too noisy that the entire universe can hear us. Look how it went out of hand. Kenspo our ambassador said that something is brewing but it's not coffee. So now the conversation just didn't include coffee but beer too! Some are talking about ponies. Probably this thread might involve cowboys and Indians too. Some are already dreaming about the K-P. Our imagination is going wild! We might all need a shrink! We can't go on like forever! Have mercy on us, please give us the specs!
01-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #330
Veteran Member

It could be like those old Minolta 'Creative Expansion' cards - Sports grip, Portrait grip, Close-up grip, Bracketing grip...