Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2017, 05:00 AM   #571
Senior Member
afan137's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kyoto
Posts: 158
"all new sensor from Pentax" ....... better spoiler next time.

01-23-2017, 05:04 AM   #572
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,511
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Are you trying to raise views for that video? There's nothing to be seen there...
There is the answer to your question: somebody says in a comment that "Yeah the details are a little vague even on the pentax forums and rumor sites, but it's claimed to be announced on the 26th or January 2017, if that's true. Not sure what niche this camera will be trying to fill, but i doubt it will have 4k video. Rumors are that it won't be replacing the K-3ii, but anything is possible, just not like Pentax to suddenly drop everything to make another stop gap measure camera like the K-Sx series and there isn't much price difference between the K-S2 and the K-70. 30 megapixel is doubtful and so far the 30mp sensors haven't been particularly good even on Canon cameras. The cmos sensor is probably from Samsung as they are getting back into the sensor business and have been approaching Nikon, and Pentax for over a year now."

to which the person who made the video answers "wow ! ,amazing imformation,thanks!!".

You can easily infer the degree of proximity of the said person to Ricoh Imaging and the Pentax business .

---------- Post added 01-23-2017 at 01:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by afan137 Quote
"all new sensor from Pentax" ....... better spoiler next time.
"built-il Wi-Fi and/or a GPS" isn't bad either .
01-23-2017, 05:11 AM - 1 Like   #573
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 30,482
QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
New Battery grip again? That will suck. Hasnt the BG-6 been only for the k-3 series. Cant we have another series before a new grip is introduced.

if i remember right the BG-5 was for K-7 and K-5.
The grips are usually specific to body casting...
  • K-1: BG-6 (2016 to present)
  • K-3 series: BG-5 (2013 to present)
  • K-5 series, K-7: BG-4 (2009 to 2013)
  • K200D: BG-3
  • K10D, K20D: BG2
If the body shape changes, we get a new grip


Steve
01-23-2017, 05:28 AM   #574
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 10,823
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
There is the answer to your question: somebody says in a comment that "Yeah the details are a little vague even on the pentax forums and rumor sites, but it's claimed to be announced on the 26th or January 2017, if that's true. Not sure what niche this camera will be trying to fill, but i doubt it will have 4k video. Rumors are that it won't be replacing the K-3ii, but anything is possible, just not like Pentax to suddenly drop everything to make another stop gap measure camera like the K-Sx series and there isn't much price difference between the K-S2 and the K-70. 30 megapixel is doubtful and so far the 30mp sensors haven't been particularly good even on Canon cameras. The cmos sensor is probably from Samsung as they are getting back into the sensor business and have been approaching Nikon, and Pentax for over a year now."

to which the person who made the video answers "wow ! ,amazing imformation,thanks!!".

You can easily infer the degree of proximity of the said person to Ricoh Imaging and the Pentax business .

---------- Post added 01-23-2017 at 01:07 PM ----------



"built-il Wi-Fi and/or a GPS" isn't bad either .
Which is why I asked if you want to increase that bloke's views. He doesn't know anything which we don't know, actually less than some of us. He did nothing to deserve our attention and the tiny revenue from us clicking that link.

01-23-2017, 05:29 AM   #575
Senior Member
mbukal's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: zagreb
Posts: 197
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I guess you missed my point. I am saying it won't be K-P but KP because it looks too much like K-m/x/r
in that class, I used the Pentax Km / x / r, tried K50 / 70 and of replacing the Kr constant use K30, he is more complete camera of of all thesehe was a big improvement of the first three aforementioned and the two heirs do not give me as whole sufficient progress to replace, I hope that if KP will be consistent successor K30
01-23-2017, 05:41 AM - 1 Like   #576
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,511
QuoteOriginally posted by mbukal Quote
in that class, I used the Pentax Km / x / r, tried K50 / 70 and of replacing the Kr constant use K30, he is more complete camera of of all these he was a big improvement of the first three aforementioned and the two heirs do not give me as whole sufficient progress to replace, I hope that if KP will be consistent successor K30
Pentax KP is the successor to K10D / K20D / K-7 / K-5 / K-5 II(s) / K-3 / K-3 II, not to K-m / K-x / K-r / K-30 / K-50 / K-S2 / K-70.
01-23-2017, 05:49 AM   #577
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,149
QuoteOriginally posted by mbukal Quote
in that class, I used the Pentax Km / x / r, tried K50 / 70 and of replacing the Kr constant use K30, he is more complete camera of of all thesehe was a big improvement of the first three aforementioned and the two heirs do not give me as whole sufficient progress to replace, I hope that if KP will be consistent successor K30
Try again. The - is important.
01-23-2017, 05:53 AM   #578
Pentaxian
Culture's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vaasa
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 770
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The grips are usually specific to body casting...
  • K-1: BG-6 (2016 to present)
  • K-3 series: BG-5 (2013 to present)
  • K-5 series, K-7: BG-4 (2009 to 2013)
  • K200D: BG-3
  • K10D, K20D: BG2
If the body shape changes, we get a new grip


Steve
Yes. thanks for the correction. I meant 5 for K-3, and 4 for K-5 and K-7.

01-23-2017, 06:14 AM   #579
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 10,823
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Pentax KP is the successor to K10D / K20D / K-7 / K-5 / K-5 II(s) / K-3 / K-3 II, not to K-m / K-x / K-r / K-30 / K-50 / K-S2 / K-70.
It is known.
01-23-2017, 06:30 AM   #580
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,964
30 MP sensor...If it's Sony's sensor it should be put in Sony cameras first.
01-23-2017, 06:47 AM   #581
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 171
What I would like to see in the new KP as a successor to K3/K3-II:
-improved AF-C and AF-C tracking in K and Y axis,
-semi-auto AF fine tuning by comparing two successive shots in liveview CDAF and viewfinder PDAF
-improved selection of AF points
-LCD inlay in viewfinder displayin on backbutton press both the selected AF point (or the AFC-tracking point) and all the in-focus points
-fully tilt and swivel back LCD, like in K-S2 or K70
-K70 24MP sensor or more recent one allowing a more efficient PDAF on-sensor. I dont need more than 24MP pixel
-two versions (unless both features can be incorporated in the same body), one with built-in bounceable flash and the other one with built-in GPS, with a small external WR strobe that can be bounced.
01-23-2017, 07:03 AM   #582
Pentaxian
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,247
What did Samsung do about their israeli sensor factory ?
01-23-2017, 07:34 AM - 2 Likes   #583
Veteran Member
Asahiflex's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,754
Isn't the KP name just as unlikely as K-9? I mean, K-Pee. Or is it pronounced K-Pie?
01-23-2017, 07:46 AM - 2 Likes   #584
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 10,823
No matter the name, someone here will complain about it.
01-23-2017, 08:05 AM - 5 Likes   #585
Veteran Member
Kenn100D's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 680
Probably K-Pi

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Isn't the KP name just as unlikely as K-9? I mean, K-Pee. Or is it pronounced K-Pie?


---------- Post added 01-23-2017 at 11:05 PM ----------

or K-3.1416
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
*ist, body, camera, changes, clone, date, dslr, february, flash, forum, grip, ii, indonesia, k-3, k-5, k3, kp, lens, lenses, name, pentax, pentax "kp" dslr, pentax news, pentax rumors, post, reflex, replacement, type, weeks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"what people may like to see in a Pentax DSLR ;-)" txsbluesguy Pentax DSLR Discussion 23 03-08-2018 11:46 AM
How to batch move photos in lightroom from folder "old" to "new"? raider Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 4 07-24-2016 07:54 AM
"Click" in between "C" and "MF" mode on focus selector? K-50 maxwolfie Pentax K-30 & K-50 3 01-29-2015 04:19 AM
Optical differences between Pentax "K", "M", and "A" lenses 6BQ5 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 31 01-10-2014 01:02 PM
Don't say Pentax "Q" in French ... "Q" = "cul" = "A--" Jean Poitiers Pentax Q 52 11-10-2013 06:25 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:34 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top