Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2017, 04:09 AM   #721
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
As i said
You didn't said enough, ha ha....but now weve seen it....spill the beans!///Please!

01-24-2017, 04:10 AM   #722

Looks like Pentax tried to make a small camera for people who wanted to carry a rugged light camera but still maintaining the K-mount. I bet its about the size of a Fuji X-T2. I wonder when will it be available?
01-24-2017, 04:12 AM   #723
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
This new small design is nice, but would need to be tried to make an opinion.

I'm just wondering about the wheel that appeared with the K1 ( AE / HDR / CH-CL / etc ..) : is it very usefull ?

---------- Post added 24th Jan 2017 at 11:52 AM ----------

What she said ...

(just kidding ;-) )
Yes, it would be best to first try new grips in the second group of pictures but Pentax is not easily found in US stores..

The third wheel on K1 is not often used by me. I have to shift my grip to easily use it. It is possible to grip the camera and use the dial without shifting but this grip is not the type I use - it is not where I automatically place my hand picking the camera up. A smaller body might make a difference. The customization third wheel on this camera may make it more interesting..

I do like the placement of the AF button
01-24-2017, 04:12 AM   #724
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mannyquinto Quote
I wonder when will it be available?
End of Feb is the launch/release....whats that exhibition?

01-24-2017, 04:13 AM   #725
Pentaxian

If this is the K3 II replacement, I'm not really enthusiastic either (no LCD, buttons layout seems a bit weird). But I'm really happy to see the AF point selection button back on the OK button again, I hate that on the K3!
If they are just trying something different to see how well is it received and launch a K3-III at CP+, that's fine! But this seems a bit optimistic, keeping in mind all the work they must have to do with lenses.
The price tag is fair though
01-24-2017, 04:13 AM   #726
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

It looks awesome! Let's embrace different!!
(and hopefully functional too. My only concern is the battery?)
(and, of course, I doubt its got anything for video people )
01-24-2017, 04:15 AM - 5 Likes   #727
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
. My only concern is the battery?)
It should come with one.

01-24-2017, 04:15 AM   #728
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
...I doubt it contains the D-li90, more like the meager dli109. ...
I believe there is no way it will hold the D-LI90
It has been good that Pentax has not changed battery shape for years. I don't take this new camera to mean a change in that behavior. The smaller battery is just a necessity of this one camera design.

I do like that Pentax continues to use the simple cable release socket. Looks like this camera has one grouped with the MIC input. Cable release socket means this is not a base camera.
01-24-2017, 04:15 AM   #729

QuoteOriginally posted by Tan68 Quote
I wonder how the front dial will feel to use.. when I have been handed Nikon cameras, the front dial and shutter button were easy for my finger to find. When I was given one Canon camera, my finger didn't know where to go.

The third dial has 3 user delectable settings and that is nice. No top LCD and people will dislike that but there is no room for one.. maybe lack of LCD will appease those that want dtripped down features such as no WIFI or GPS :^)

A return to the OK button toggle from 4-way controller shortcut buttons to AF point select. No ISO button on the top panel and I use that a lot but I imagine the FX3 button will be re-programmable for that.

And, obviously, it is a folding design ! The 'collapse' button is on the back in the upper left !!!

---------- Post added 01-24-17 at 05:03 AM -----

Good to always be prepared but I think the thread is moving beyond food stuffs now :^)
I was just thinking the same thing myself about the front dial - ergonomically, it really seems to be a step backward. Also, this camera may also be problematic for those of us who use back button focus. I'm not entirely convinced that this is the replacement for the K3II and would be bit surprised, given the target market of the K3ii...
01-24-2017, 04:15 AM   #730
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
It should come with one.
01-24-2017, 04:16 AM   #731
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Feral Quote
Mmmm...no patent latch mechanism on the battery grip and the lens seems to cast back to a hint of takumar.
the lens is not new... it has been harkening for a few years now.
01-24-2017, 04:16 AM   #732
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
My only concern is the battery
The same as The K-r to K-70 D-li109 They even made the battery life more like mirrorless.
01-24-2017, 04:17 AM   #733
Pentaxian

I like it! Looks very good to me! Except that I don't know what to do without a top LCD. Hmm.
01-24-2017, 04:18 AM   #734
Imp
Pentaxian

Funny how the battery grip looks more ergonomically shaped and similar to previous camera grips than the actual screw-on grip...
01-24-2017, 04:20 AM   #735
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
You didn't said enough, ha ha....but now weve seen it....spill the beans!///Please!
Hehe, You'll know soon enough now