Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 819 Likes Search this Thread
01-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #1096
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
- Miniature flash (Is it a joke or a cipa battery test cheat trick?)
Looks like LED light to me ...

01-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #1097
Pentaxian

Looks like a Hasselblad design. Although, I think I would not need the imaging specs of this camera, I find the design cool enough to get such a camera for fun.
01-24-2017, 04:18 PM   #1098
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xmeda Quote
anybody watch this video yet that understands the language? Does he say anything new?
01-24-2017, 04:20 PM   #1099
Pentaxian

YES, watched it....but couldn't find an interpreter

01-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #1100
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I have also read the whole thread and all the commentary here since the leaked pictures were available.

I think a lot of you are missing the point with this camera.

The market has for the past few years been saying (or shouting) small, light, portable, capable. That is what most of the various mirrorless cameras have been about. This is for hiking, travel photography, biking - those sorts of activities.

If you look at the leaked images of the KP then it is definitely small, and some of the leaked 'spec's' said it would be light due to more efficient electronics use.

The last Pentax digital camera that met the light weight (grams) definition was the K-01 at 560 grams. By comparison the K-S2 is 678 grams, the K-3 800 grams and the Fuji XT2 507 grams. As another reference point the ME Super (one of the smaller Pentax film cameras) is 445 grams

If the KP is about the same weight as the K-01, and still WR then it would make an ideal small light travel camera, and mid-level enthusiast DSLR. Especially when coupled with the Limited lenses. The fact the images show it with the DA 20-40mm Limited should be a clue about that - light weight (grams), good image quality, WR lens.

The fact when travelling there is always a weight verses capability trade-off.

I personally travel a lot. I would be very interested in a small, light, capable, ASP-C, WR, K-mount camera.

It seems the KP may very well fit this description, the specs when they are released will tell the story. Very interesting play by Pentax.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Let's just hope the loudest voices put their money with their mouth has been (and buy this camera).

It looks to be the closest thing to a mirrorless camera without actually being mirrorless.
01-24-2017, 04:24 PM   #1101

QuoteOriginally posted by GearHead Quote
anybody watch this video yet that understands the language? Does he say anything new?

No he does not say anything new, jus described outer design a bit... btw. it is strange that guy that knows almost nothing about Pentax has this hot new body already.. he is mostly Canon shooter
01-24-2017, 04:26 PM   #1102
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I didn't understand a word, but at least he did clear up one thing: It's pronounced "Kah Pay".

01-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #1103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Originally posted by FantasticMrFox Only one SD card slot Confirmed as not K-3II replacement, nor any 'flagship'.
Someone will have to start yet another new thread about the actual successor to the K3II ...
Kenspo should be able to do that ... ?
01-24-2017, 04:30 PM - 1 Like   #1104

Learn czech guys.. it is important language. As you can see our guys are first to get new pentax cameras now.....
01-24-2017, 04:31 PM   #1105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I didn't understand a word, but at least he did clear up one thing: It's pronounced "Kah Pay".
Sounds like the French way of pronouncing it.
01-24-2017, 04:33 PM   #1106
Veteran Member

He just counts the buttons. Does not even press the shutter button. No HDMI socket is the most interesting bit.
01-24-2017, 04:34 PM   #1107
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Sounds like the French way of pronouncing it.
This circles back to our discussion on cheese earlier.
01-24-2017, 04:35 PM   #1108
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Let's just hope the loudest voices put their money with their mouth has been (and buy this camera).

It looks to be the closest thing to a mirrorless camera without actually being mirrorless.
We westerners may not be the target of this camera. I would think a market would be the growing Asian middle-class who can afford to travel now - China, India, Thai, Vietnam etc. Those are massive untapped markets.

Also those of us who still want a DSLR for travel - but want it small, light and capable enough - which the KP seems to be.

Couple that with the small Limited primes and/or the DA 20-40 zoom, and you have a very small, light, capable camera package.
01-24-2017, 04:37 PM - 2 Likes   #1109

He's speaking Czech. It's my father's first language and my second. He's basically had the camera 5 minutes and hasnt shot with it, not does he mention specs. He just goes over the body. Mic input, weather sealing, 3 custom function buttons etc. So no new info. Maybe he will make another video after some time shooting
01-24-2017, 04:39 PM   #1110
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
We westerners may not be the target of this camera. I would think a market would be the growing Asian middle-class who can afford to travel now - China, India, Thai, Vietnam etc. Those are massive untapped markets.

Also those of us who still want a DSLR for travel - but want it small, light and capable enough - which the KP seems to be.

Couple that with the small Limited primes and/or the DA 20-40 zoom, and you have a very small, light, capable camera package.
Good points.

Is the mirrorless sized camera selling well over there? The Fuji or the Olympus? It looks almost identical to them even though its an OVF body... which is rather remarkable in it's own right.