Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 819 Likes Search this Thread
01-18-2017, 05:50 PM - 1 Like   #376
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
No K-cup support

Steve
On the other hand, DA15 should fit into a K-cup slot perfectly.

---------- Post added 01-18-17 at 06:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
What we really need to do is freeze Eric - or clone him and freeze him - so that we can wake him/his clone up every fifty years or so for mass refurbishment of those Pentax film bodies for which we can still scrounge parts.
Given the recent advances in this tech, I would vitrify Eric .

01-19-2017, 12:17 AM   #377
Pentaxian

While waiting for the PRIC announcement, we can all sip our coffee and read Fujifilm's announcement, medium format, ILC and high end compact. :P
Waiting for the 26th is really too long.
01-19-2017, 01:44 AM   #378
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't forget the latest news from Kodak Labs.
01-19-2017, 02:46 AM   #379
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Scintilla Quote
The signal-to-noise ratio in these pre-announcement threads is already so low that I have trouble seeing how it could get worse. :-P
You've been here since 2013. You ought to know better by now.

QuoteOriginally posted by Scintilla Quote
I'd be interested to see the aperture option: more enlightened but less in focus.
This will happen, but not before item one above approaches climax.

01-19-2017, 03:06 AM   #380
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
AF280T. There are more powerful TTL flashes that do the same thing, but this was the cheapest and easiest to get hold of. It's also the cheapest and easiest bounce-swivel flash to get hold of that has an inbuilt thyristor for self-management of exposure on less advanced bodies that don't have, or predate, TTL (which is why I bought it in the first place; having a Super Program and a TTL DSLR to shoot it on now is a bonus).

I also have an AF080C ringflash, but a little more practice is required with that one before I can get best results.
OK, here is something that might be useful. It will not completely replace your current flash (small limitation when used on older cam like SuperProgram) but other wise might be something to keep on your radar. All older SCA3000 era flashes from Metz (specifically 40MZ serie) are not too expensive. Those are actual real work horses, tilt/swivel, auto, TTL with appropriate Pentax SCA thing (no PTTL).

They bring a couple of interesting things: strobo mode, almost unlimited aperture values for auto mode, second reflector when using T/S and again, using appropriate adapter, will allow the cam (you istDS in this case) to work with the flash in auto mode without having to set the flash to correct aperture (it will by itself). They will auto zoom with focal length too.
The only thing you lose is TTL in Program mode on older cam. Oh and, with adapter, can work wireless too
Got 3 of them.

If you find a good deal, it might be interesting to pursue. Just my 2 cents.
01-19-2017, 03:58 AM - 1 Like   #381

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
While waiting for the PRIC announcement, we can all sip our coffee and read Fujifilm's announcement, medium format, ILC and high end compact. :P
Waiting for the 26th is really too long.
You know I wanted to try a Fuji camera but the lack of pop/3D effect that I always get on my Pentax gear prevents me from getting one.
01-19-2017, 05:01 AM - 1 Like   #382
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Don't forget the latest news from Kodak Labs.

I'm pretty sure the word for "film" starts with a P in some languages... Spanish comes to mind (google translate gives "pelicula")

"In an effort to steal Lomography's thunder reconnect with our photographic roots, we took the classic lines and operational simplicity of the Asahi Pentax S and H series and updated it to K mount. The modification brings you closer to the raw essence of photography, with all the lenses you have come to know and love since 1975. In addition, the camera ships with the official M42/K mount adapter, making adaptation of your classic Takumar lenses a breeze. The modified K mount on the K-P has a special selector to allow for holding lenses without an aperture ring in the full-open position, while still allowing wide open focusing and pre-exposure aperture selection on lenses from K through to FA and applicable D-FA lenses. Pentax K-P - the new solution for the resurgent film era."

*sits back with popcorn*

01-19-2017, 07:01 AM - 1 Like   #383
mee
Veteran Member

I'm pretty sure the word for "film" starts with a P in some languages...
P as in Pricey.
01-19-2017, 07:27 AM   #384
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mannyquinto Quote
You know I wanted to try a Fuji camera but the lack of pop/3D effect that I always get on my Pentax gear prevents me from getting one.
May I know what Fuji's did you try? Lenses?
01-19-2017, 08:16 AM - 2 Likes   #385
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mannyquinto Quote
not sure what you tried in the line. there are some pretty impressive lenses certainly 23/35/56/90 all capable of 3d/pop (which is down to technique as well) , the 27 is more a snapshot lens , the 18 is better but not up to the 16 say.
zooms i can't speak to, other than to say when i tried the 18-55 it was damn impressive for a kit (the XC16-50 is mor like the pentax kit)
and of course their are the Zeiss Touite lenses , they are all pretty fine lenses, a different look than the fuji , I've considered a switch to the 32 though the fuji 35 is a great performer at a lower price , i opted for the 56 over the 50 because i wanted the speed and for macro i went with the tack sharp but less ecpensive 60mm fuji

it does render differently as a system, but since most of us do post that changes the rendering anyway that is maybe a little less important. i do wish there was a Fuji equivalent of the 21/40/70 to use with my xpro , I like the 18/27/60 kit i use with it but the 60 is a little bulky and slow being a macro with a huge hood (like the zeiss) I haven't tried the new 23/35 f2 but a friend is getting great street shoot results with the 35 (and I see a lot of 3d op on her various posts
01-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #386
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
it does render differently as a system, but since most of us do post that changes the rendering anyway that is maybe a little less important. i do wish there was a Fuji equivalent of the 21/40/70 to use with my xpro , I like the 18/27/60 kit i use with it but the 60 is a little bulky and slow being a macro with a huge hood (like the zeiss) I haven't tried the new 23/35 f2 but a friend is getting great street shoot results with the 35 (and I see a lot of 3d op on her various posts
I will wait for your opinion until you their 23 and 35 and compare it with our own 21 and 40.:P

I know this is getting derailed but I can only take-in just a few cups of coffee.
01-19-2017, 09:15 AM   #387
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm pretty sure the word for "film" starts with a P in some languages... Spanish comes to mind (google translate gives "pelicula")

Philm.

Just like Phish.

That was Phun!
01-19-2017, 09:17 AM - 1 Like   #388
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I know this is getting derailed but I can only take-in just a few cups of coffee.

Derailed?

This thread is so far off the tracks I doubt it will ever get back on.

01-19-2017, 09:27 AM   #389
Veteran Member

I will wait for your opinion until you their 23 and 35 and compare it with our own 21 and 40.:P

i own from fuji 14/18/23/27/35/56/60. the 21 and 40 are great compact lenses compared to my 23/35 they are smaller but not anywhere near as fast and cannot isolate the background to the same degree because part of that is the ability to shoot at larger apertures. Like i said i'd like a comparable to the three amigos for the size and the fov, they may need to be marginally larger with fuji system , the new 23/35 f2 may well be them i just haven't tried them yet but shots i've seen are good. , this is miles of topic i keep looking for the hitler post godwin talks about
back to the original the KP is likely entry level based on all prior naming conventions ,m certainly it won't be a mirrorless with a new mount as K has so far applied to every k mount camera in the digital era a new mount will get a new designation (and i would hope a fully functional adapter at a reasonable price (if not outright included with the first generation body)
01-19-2017, 09:32 AM   #390
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
back to the original the KP is likely entry level based on all prior naming conventions
Assumptions are often proven wrong