Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #436
Pentaxian

That Hoya kept the dark side of the Pentax Corporation? Yes, it's true. And yes, it was their choosing. That's why they killed Pentax Corporation, because they desperately wanted to stick things into people's behinds.

Obviously, there's no relation to a certain upcoming Ricoh Imaging product - but that won't stop the jokes.

01-20-2017, 11:19 AM   #437
Nordik

I don't see what kind of new para dyne the KP is meant to create. One YT rumor mentioned a 30mp sensor for the KP which sounds ridiculous to me and some other rumors make the camera sound like a child of a Canon 5d mark IV and a Nikon D500.
I suppose it is funny to read such wishlists or imposed sensationalism but there are limits to their entertainment value.
The Olympus e-m1 mark ii has indeed caught my eye, but it's a bit expensive right now especially in Canada and after getting my K-1 i am a bit winded so to speak.
01-20-2017, 12:05 PM - 3 Likes   #438
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This thread is so funny. The only thing concrete we know about the camera is that it has a radio of some sort and that its name is some form of "KP". There are rumors that it has an available grip(s) with some sort of cool design feature(s). If we are lucky, it is not used professionally by proctologists.

Steve
01-20-2017, 12:09 PM - 1 Like   #439
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nordik Quote
I don't see what kind of new para dyne the KP is meant to create. One YT rumor mentioned a 30mp sensor for the KP which sounds ridiculous to me and some other rumors make the camera sound like a child of a Canon 5d mark IV and a Nikon D500.
I suppose it is funny to read such wishlists or imposed sensationalism but there are limits to their entertainment value.
The Olympus e-m1 mark ii has indeed caught my eye, but it's a bit expensive right now especially in Canada and after getting my K-1 i am a bit winded so to speak.
the pentax rumour mill is like a snake eating it;'s tail, it starts on an obscure post gets on here speculation abounds anotehr sight figures they have the inside track and publish and everyone here says what doid i tell you it's coming..... the mirrorless thread before the K-01 was an epically long bit of circular rumours, if the rumours that started as wishes had come true it would have been a digital LX removable VF etc...

01-20-2017, 12:24 PM - 1 Like   #440
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Has anyone said Pentax is Doomed™ yet?
01-20-2017, 12:43 PM - 2 Likes   #441
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
This thread is so funny. The only thing concrete we know about the camera is that it has a radio of some sort and that its name is some form of "KP". There are rumors that it has an available grip(s) with some sort of cool design feature(s). If we are lucky, it is not used professionally by proctologists.

Steve
"Radio"? "Some form of 'KP'"... like "KRP"? Like...

01-20-2017, 04:01 PM   #442
Nordik

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
the pentax rumour mill is like a snake eating it;'s tail, it starts on an obscure post gets on here speculation abounds anotehr sight figures they have the inside track and publish and everyone here says what doid i tell you it's coming..... the mirrorless thread before the K-01 was an epically long bit of circular rumours, if the rumours that started as wishes had come true it would have been a digital LX removable VF etc...
Indeed. Some person did find an official product page from the Pentax medical division with the KP series endoscope. Some PF person probably already mentioned this, however if it wasn't;

Gastroenterology | PENTAX Medical (EMEA)

01-20-2017, 04:20 PM   #443
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nordik Quote
Indeed. Some person did find an official product page from the Pentax medical division with the KP series endoscope. Some PF person probably already mentioned this, however if it wasn't;

Gastroenterology | PENTAX Medical (EMEA)

You're only the 839th person to post that and make that joke.
01-20-2017, 05:08 PM   #444
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
"Radio"? "Some form of 'KP'"... like "KRP"? Like...
I remember that show! The guy with the imaginary office (walls and door taped on floor).
01-20-2017, 07:04 PM   #445
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
You're only the 839th person to post that and make that joke.
And he did it on the 442nd post.

Do the math.
01-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #446
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Has anyone said Pentax is Doomed™ yet?
The Live Hocir lurks.

Bacon.
01-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #447
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

You haven't been drinking this evening, have you Eddie?

01-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #448
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

This thread is so funny.
Yes it is.

The only thing concrete we know about the camera is that it has a radio of some sort . . . . . .
So then you could tune in KGON or KGW.

This thread is so funny.
01-20-2017, 07:10 PM - 1 Like   #449
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
You haven't been drinking this evening, have you Eddie?

Not since oct 27th 2014 , it's just my normal mental deficiencies
01-20-2017, 07:43 PM - 2 Likes   #450
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Not since oct 27th 2014 , it's just my normal mental deficiencies
Well then you might be disappointed when the kp comes out. I have a reliable source telling me that the kp isn't actually a camera, but an incognito flask designed to help you sneak alcohol into sporting events. Who needs fast af and fps when you have spirits!

The concept is similar to this: