Pentaxian

Better? For selfies, maybe

01-24-2017, 06:07 AM   #827

Karma Police
01-24-2017, 06:09 AM   #828
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by anu l Quote
or it could mean that its really the Pentax K-3 III - It could be this since pronouncing the K "three three" might sound ridiculous for some, hence the name change. Also the K-3 II successor is due this march-april.

Also K-5 never went beyond mark II, they could have called the K-3 as K-5 mark III. Its not as if they were going to continue the K-5 line anymore, so K-3 was the immediate successor to K-5 II.
So maybe we are seeing the K-3 series being renamed to KP

also looking at the sketch here, it looks identical to K-3 series. It looks too small for a scaled down K-1 ( like D750,6D). (maybe the name K-2 is reserved for it)

from Pentax KP DSLR Rumor « NEW CAMERA
Don't look at the sketches, they always reuse old bodies for illustrating purposes.
01-24-2017, 06:12 AM   #829
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll wait til March... There's no way this is replacing the K-3ii.
If it is, then I'll just keep shooting with the K-3ii until the next iteration comes out.

01-24-2017, 06:14 AM - 2 Likes   #830

Maybe inspired by

Success
01-24-2017, 06:18 AM   #831
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
There's no way this is replacing the K-3ii.
Yes, correct....its probably going to be just a one off, but then again if it sells well there maybe a 2nd edition

---------- Post added 01-25-17 at 12:21 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by xmeda Quote
Maybe inspired by
Possible, but more likely the older manual film cams(60/70s)
01-24-2017, 06:19 AM   #832
Pentaxian

Overlay on the Pentax K-3 II

It's clearly more compact.

01-24-2017, 06:23 AM   #833
bxf
Veteran Member

I'm posting this before I even finish reading all the preceding posts, just for a bit of balance.

Cameras today look like balloons because internal space is needed to accommodate all the electronics, etc, not because this styling makes the cameras nicer. Younger users are used to this bloated look and feel that is how cameras should look. I am sure I'm not alone in preferring the retro, thinner style. Give me a camera that looks like a Leica M series over the current prevailing dSLR look any day.
01-24-2017, 06:24 AM   #834
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xmeda Quote
Maybe inspired by

Success
Success at a failure!

No I'm sure this has a buyer. However, I can't help but think this is more of a K-3 II shoe-horned into a mirrorless-like shell.

That makes me question their motivation.. are they slowly transitioning to mirrorless? Are they just testing the waters? Or is this more of a move to a mirrorless-like body to see if that placates those asking for mirrorless due to size?
01-24-2017, 06:27 AM   #835
Veteran Member

Asahi man has mentioned that there will be a one dslr and another 10 things. I counted the camera and 3 hand grips plus a battery grip what about the others six.
01-24-2017, 06:31 AM   #836
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
Asahi man has mentioned that there will be a one dslr and another 10 things. I counted the camera and 3 hand grips plus a battery grip what about the others six.
This is not "the official leak" this probably comes from a retailer or a magazine.

Official leak:

Other new stuff not directly related to this camera is to be expected right before CP+ (like a lens or two)
01-24-2017, 06:34 AM - 1 Like   #837
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Yes, correct....its probably going to be just a one off, but then again if it sells well there maybe a 2nd edition
It's certainly interesting... It's not an entry level camera - 5 user modes and 3 fx buttons. Three dials for settings.
So many people buy DSLRs are never remove the kit lens or take the camera out of Auto mode.
I think the design of a camera like this would be wasted on that consumer. But again, most consumers today buy for looks rather than function. So it might just work following recent vintage/rustic trends.

I'm of an opposite mindset. I could care less about aesthetics, if the design is ergonomic and functional I'm all for it.
01-24-2017, 06:34 AM - 1 Like   #838

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
I hope there is the DA 12-28mm that is on the roadmap for years
01-24-2017, 06:36 AM - 1 Like   #839
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
I'm posting this before I even finish reading all the preceding posts, just for a bit of balance.

Cameras today look like balloons because internal space is needed to accommodate all the electronics, etc, not because this styling makes the cameras nicer. Younger users are used to this bloated look and feel that is how camera should look. I am sure I'm not alone in preferring the retro, thinner style. Give me a camera that looks like a Leica M series over the current prevailing dSLR look any day.

During the late 1980s, Camera manufacturers started increasing the size of their film bodies. This seems to have caught on with more buyers, as the trend continued (and grew) for nearly two decades before digital came about.

Therefore, on the other hand, Older users are used to much older bodies having the ergonomics of a 1x4 piece of lumber, before ergonomic design became a more serious aspect to camera design as a whole.

You are the market for this KP camera.
01-24-2017, 06:37 AM   #840
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
LOL you (most) make me laugh.
If a couple are indeed discussable, most aren't really. I'm sure the buttons you miss are assignable to fx1, fx2 or fx3 buttons for on/off duties and c1, c2, c3 with third wheel for things like iso, spot/cw/multizone etc.

It is a lot more flexible that way.