Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2017, 11:07 AM   #991

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks interesting, but if no updates to video features to match at least Fuji X-T2, then unfortunately no deal. But the camera looks really interesting, many deals like on K1, hopefully it will be a speedy cam.

01-24-2017, 11:07 AM   #992
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by anu l Quote
how can a camera with an inferior battery than the predecessor be a successor??
That's not a 'source', which is what I was asking for...
Besides, it's the which is to "come later" part that made me curious about the source.
01-24-2017, 11:09 AM - 1 Like   #993
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'd be shocked if this is their K-3 II replacement. This is almost like a serious K-01 update to my eyes. I think the control layout is odd.

At least they did a silver that matches their in-production lenses again...

I like the idea of making my own grip out of wood. Some really dark / black stain on some nice hardwood? Would look the business.

Not buying a KP anyway, just idle jibberish on my part.
01-24-2017, 11:17 AM   #994
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
I'd be shocked if this is their K-3 II replacement.

The shocked you shall be. It has already been announced that this camera is the next in line for the high end APS-C line, a successor to the K5, K3 line.

01-24-2017, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #995
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think it looks fine. Specs will be decent. Battery life not so good maybe. Still probably room between it and the K-1 for another APS-C camera if they want to target that price point. Definitely not expecting anything D500-like with regard to specs, though.

There is way too much focus on this forum on the way things look. As long as ergonomics are OK (I think they'll be fine), who cares what your camera looks like? Certainly not I...
01-24-2017, 11:22 AM   #996
Pentaxian

Waiting for the KS that will be fast first, has a decent grip and a decent battery and a top LCD
01-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #997
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
The shocked you shall be. It has already been announced that this camera is the next in line for the high end APS-C line, a successor to the K5, K3 line.
Source?

01-24-2017, 11:24 AM   #998
Pentaxian

There might be no direct K-3II replacement.
01-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #999
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Pentax's "D7200" is the K-3 II.
No, it's the D7100. And even that has a much better AF system than any past of current Pentax camera, just as The Squirrel Mafia writes:

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I'm on the same boat. I just want performance that meets or exceeds the D7200. Funny thing is that the D7200 is already getting "old" & a new Nikon D7xxx will eventually replace it with improved AF. I'd be happy with just D7200 AF performance. Pentax has everything I want, except for AF performance. Nikon has all the AF performance that I want, but lacks everything else that makes Pentax awesome.

We're not even aspiring for D500 AF nor updated Nikon D7300/7400/7500/whatever AF either. Just "old" D7200 AF performance at least. I guess that's asking for too much & we should be flogged, tarred, feathered, & then drawn & quartered for even thinking of such AF performance.
01-24-2017, 11:29 AM   #1000
Veteran Member

Maybe pentax realizes that no matter what they do people will not be happy and who knows what's in store. Maybe after the success of the k1 they realized that the ff is their real future.

Introduce new model to keep people happy. Retro design because it's all the craze these days. People who are serious and love the k3ii may now make the jump to k1. If there is no real sensor upgrade at the moment for apsc then pentax could be holding out. K3ii is still a great camera with a good sensor on today's market. Don't mess with a good thing.

Took them years to release the k1 and it's turned out great. Also makes sense they would maybe down there road have five Cameras. Entry, enthusiast retro, pro apsc, ff, medium format.
01-24-2017, 11:30 AM   #1001
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Maybe, but a joke it isn't. They got the idea from the Pentax LX, which had the same kind of removable grip.
a lot of the general look comes from the LX and i've seen and said myself a digital lx would be great , of course maybe at the time i was thinking interchangeable finder and FF more than the grip but its a nice nod to the past
01-24-2017, 11:31 AM   #1002
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think it looks fine. Specs will be decent. Battery life not so good maybe. Still probably room between it and the K-1 for another APS-C camera if they want to target that price point. Definitely not expecting anything D500-like with regard to specs, though.

There is way too much focus on this forum on the way things look. As long as ergonomics are OK (I think they'll be fine), who cares what your camera looks like? Certainly not I...
What disappoints me is the AF/AE-L button. As I use back button AF it would seem with the KP I can't use AF and also exposure lock, something I do utilise quite a lot with the K3 and its two buttons, one for AF and one for AE-L.. More shooting in manual I guess. I almost went with K1 at the end of last year, but decided I couldn't afford it, was keen to see what the K3/K3ii replacement was going to be. If this is it, I need to save harder for the K1!
01-24-2017, 11:32 AM   #1003
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
Source?

Go back a few pages in this thread. It has been posted by the OP, who has been posting regular updates here.
01-24-2017, 11:40 AM   #1004
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
No, it's the D7100. And even that has a much better AF system than any past of current Pentax camera, just as The Squirrel Mafia writes:
Are you purposely ignoring the areas where the D7100 is much inferior to the K-3 series cameras, or you just don't know about them?
6 frames buffer? Really?
01-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #1005
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Go back a few pages in this thread. It has been posted by the OP, who has been posting regular updates here.
I've been following this thread since the beginning.
You said "It has already been announced that this camera is the next in line for the high end APS-C line, a successor to the K5, K3 line."

There have been no sources stating that the KP is definitively a successor to the K5, K3 line...