Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2017, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #1036
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
awkward front e-dial, and a super-sparse settings dial. What's the point of it when there's room for more settings
The settings dial could be an improvement on the K-1 one because of what I assume are user configurable c1, c2, c3 settings. This completely changes things compared to the K-1 don't you think?

I could also imagine the front e-dial working quite well. It sticks out a fair bit in such a way I imagine you can scroll it almost like a horisontal one. Plus with smaller bodies the way you hold the camera changes, at least with me the hands become more vertical which might again suit the arrangement of dials and buttons. I'm looking forward to trying it!

They should have photographed it with the da 21ltd or the 70ltd it's a camera for us limited shooters! (the zoom is barely a limited right...)

01-24-2017, 01:07 PM - 2 Likes   #1037
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Multi-function Grips - more than meets the eye?

How might this conversation turn if it's revealed that the side grips include electrical contacts?

What functions might the grips serve besides their obvious function?

Last edited by c.a.m; 01-24-2017 at 01:19 PM.
01-24-2017, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #1038
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
no Wi-Fi
Has to be, it had to be registered as a wi-fi device in Indonesia. Maybe some function not printed on the top dial yet?
01-24-2017, 01:16 PM   #1039
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
good analysis of its target. I have the XT1 and it is a great travel camera, I wish it had the 20-40 as part of that kit it is an ideal short zoom (or that they made the 18-55 in wr because the 16-50 is too cumbersome as good as it is)
Seconded!

01-24-2017, 01:17 PM - 2 Likes   #1040
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
The last Pentax digital camera that met the light weight (grams) definition was the K-01 at 560 grams.
The K-S1 was actually a couple grams lighter than the K-01, but We Do Not Speak of it. When that which We Do Not Speak came out, a number of folks were attracted to the small size for hiking/travel, but the lack of WR was a dealbreaker. The KP may be the camera for them.
01-24-2017, 01:18 PM - 4 Likes   #1041

Ergonomics are designed for the hand/body not the eye. Just because it doesn't "look" right doesn't mean it isn't going to "feel" right.
01-24-2017, 01:19 PM   #1042
Pentaxian

It has no IR-receivers either so remotes will be useless unless it can be done by app.

01-24-2017, 01:21 PM - 1 Like   #1043
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I will wait to see featuresverusus price. at the moment i see a bunch of people complaining its not a d500 (well its not 2 grand either) it's not this or that. we don't even know all the confirmed features never-mind having not seen any sort of video review etc.
It actually looks like they listend to the crowd that has been asking for more compact retro design. for me it's a bit of a fail that way, i like the design but for me the xt1 xt2 really have the retro design, the OMD fails imo as well. That said I think with a set of limiteds or even just the pictured 20-40 this is a nice camera with more sophistication that the k70 and leaves room for a k3 replacement to drop into the market with better af etc at say 17-1800 a couple of hundred below the D500 .
I need another body like a hole in the head right now (and would really rather save for a k1 if i was going to buy aa pentax body. but this has some temptations. it may offer me some of the things i miss in the fuji line at proicves more reasonable tha the xpro2 which is my target for next body atm
yeah, we know you are a fuji fan, and i am fine with that but i do not like the fact that you say you do not like a camera that is not yet released, and almost nobody has had their hands on it. just sayin'
01-24-2017, 01:26 PM   #1044

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Don't worry, you are only seven hours and 19 pages late .
Ha! oh well!
01-24-2017, 01:30 PM   #1045
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
TBH, if you want a current Pentax camera with AF equal to or superior to the D7200 then you will be waiting for ever. Even when/if Pentax AF improves, by that stage it will be trailing a D7300 or successor, so same gap.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Every Pentax body I've bought has had better AF than its predecessor, but there comes a point when improvements will be smaller and harder to achieve, even for Nikon. I suspect Nikon is in that territory now, so Pentax will get there too, possibly in another two or three body cycles.
01-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #1046
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Is it the K3ii replacement?
there is no way this could be a K-3/3 II replacement. at least a certainly hope not.
01-24-2017, 01:32 PM   #1047
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robiles Quote
yeah, we know you are a fuji fan, and i am fine with that but i do not like the fact that you say you do not like a camera that is not yet released, and almost nobody has had their hands on it. just sayin'
show me where i said i didn't like it, in fact i said i found it very tempting. in fact if this was out two years ago when i bough\t the fuji instead of the k3 (or alongside it) i would likely have stayed with Pentax. I had 11 grand in insurance money to spend so I could really have gone to any system it was down tot the two. and in fact this camera seems targeted right at people like me who went for the Fuji (or OM shooters looking for a decent sensor) , I did say i would wait for the full specs before really deciding how good it was. I think peoiple were expecting too much when they bitch about the rumoured (not confirmed) price which in the direct competitive market for the style and size (OMD XT2) its actually cheap as chips
like any camera before i would buy i will try i'm lucky enough to live in a major market for shops i might have trouble finding an arca to try but most things are available locally
01-24-2017, 01:35 PM   #1048

I do not know whether this has been discussed already, but what does this stand for?
Horizon Level? - Okay.
But 'Fx2'?
Attached Images

01-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #1049
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
FWIW, K-x is 580g with 4 AA batteries. It could have been even lighter if they used the conventional D LI90 battery.
True, thanks for noting that
01-24-2017, 01:43 PM   #1050
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
It has no IR-receivers either so remotes will be useless unless it can be done by app.
and the app thing is very handy to have