Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2017, 01:14 PM - 1 Like   #76
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
The problem here is that Theta is A Ricoh Brand and for people outside the bubble there is no connection to Pentax.
OK. Right. Now, how many people here protested when Ricoh Imaging put their name under the K-3's back LCD?

01-23-2017, 01:43 PM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The problem here is that Theta is A Ricoh Brand and for people outside the bubble there is no connection to Pentax.

(I see you live in Missouri, maybe I'm going to visit Kansas City end of may)
Yes on Ricoh // Pentax branding, but maybe there will be Ricoh distribution infrastructure that Pentax can use w/o much cost.

AFA Kansas City / St. Louis, we would be 240 miles apart - 4 1/2 hours by car - with no affordable public transport. Train is FIVE hours and $175.
01-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
AFA Kansas City / St. Louis, we would be 240 miles apart - 4 1/2 hours by car - with no affordable public transport. Train is FIVE hours and $175.
Still looks nearby from Europe. Not yet finalized my traveling. I go to Boston from may 25th to June 5th. So if Invicta FC is in that time in Kansas City, I might fly over. Unless I can figure out where Stars Hollow is. It's a few hours in a bus from New York and some hours drive from Boston......just an half hours drive from Hartford...one thinks it's not just some imaginairy town from tv.....
01-23-2017, 02:13 PM - 1 Like   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes on Ricoh // Pentax branding, but maybe there will be Ricoh distribution infrastructure that Pentax can use w/o much cost.

I can just see you and Ron sipping iced tea together, Monochrome ... possibly even staying with you and Mrs Monochrome.

It would be touching.

01-23-2017, 02:21 PM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I can just see you and Ron sipping iced tea together, Monochrome ... possibly even staying with you and Mrs Monochrome.

It would be touching.
Get Kunzite to come along and I just might do it.

Honestly - it would be fun if we could make it work. We have the space. DK about permissions . . .

Unfortunately, about the only place less amenable to that kind of quick meet up than mid-USA is just about anywhere in Australia.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-23-2017 at 02:36 PM.
01-23-2017, 02:23 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Honestly - it would be fun if we could make it work. We have the space. DK about permissions . . .

Unfortunately, about the only place less amenable to that king of quick meet up than mid-USA is just about anywhere in Australia.
Well you voted Trump, so Missouri must be feeling great now.
01-23-2017, 02:35 PM   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well you voted Trump, so Missouri must be feeling great now.
Was that you peeking over my shoulder????

Gary Johnson was on the ballot in Missouri . . . and 'that woman, Mrs. Clinton'. And there were an awful lot of Over-votes in Missouri. And that's enough politics. I'm out. Sorry Mods.
01-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #83
Pentaxian

Unfortunately, about the only place less amenable to that kind of quick meet up than mid-USA is just about anywhere in Australia.
Unfortunately, the dragon - a highly convenient traveling method according to Google Maps - is unavailable for this route

01-23-2017, 03:04 PM - 3 Likes   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
OK. Right. Now, how many people here protested when Ricoh Imaging put their name under the K-3's back LCD?
I won't buy another camera until it is put back there!
01-24-2017, 06:48 AM   #85
Veteran Member

I was not a big fan either, but I think it would have been a good move for long term stagey to tie the two brands together. The problem was many of us questioned if it was the first step in replacing the Pentax name. If they had continued to place the Ricoh moniker under the LCD, by now ALMOST all of us would have ceased to complain. As long as it didn't get any bigger! On the flip side they also need to tie the Ricoh line to Pentax. A good way to do this would be placing the Pentax name on the GR and Theta lenses.
AFA Kansas City / St. Louis, we would be 240 miles apart - 4 1/2 hours by car - with no affordable public transport.
I pass through on I-70 a few times a year and it only takes me 3 1/2 hours to go from St. Louis to KC. I think you are just trying to scare Ron off.
01-24-2017, 01:56 PM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote

I pass through on I-70 a few times a year and it only takes me 3 1/2 hours to go from St. Louis to KC. I think you are just trying to scare Ron off.
Shhh!

01-24-2017, 02:36 PM   #87
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Metro St. Louis and KC are both 60 miles wide, so 3 1/2 hours edge to edge or 4 1/2 hours center to center. I live actually southeast of what is the center of metro St. Louis (which makes it farther from KC-11 miles from the river) in what was a railroad stop 160 years ago but is now a suburb. It takes me 60 minutes just to to get to rural (70 mph) highway.

And Kunzite has to come too.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-24-2017 at 07:17 PM.
01-24-2017, 07:03 PM - 2 Likes   #88
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You"d have to stream their meeting. I'd pay per view. Your living room could either act as Camp David or a Mixed Martial Arts cage, depending on how it went.

01-25-2017, 03:37 AM - 1 Like   #89
Pentaxian

You're funny. I imagine us peacefully drinking the afternoon tea and discussing the art and craft aspects of photography and other civilized stuff, who would pay to see that?
01-25-2017, 04:43 AM   #90
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You're funny. I imagine us peacefully drinking the afternoon tea and discussing the art and craft aspects of photography and other civilized stuff, who would pay to see that?
To be fair, that is one way I thought it could end up. Bring some knuckle dusters anyway, just in case.