Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2007, 11:05 AM   #1
Inactive Account

UK - Pentax and Focus 2007 Expo

Pentax, in common with several other big manufacturers, are not exhibiting at Focus on Imaging 2007 this year, which is a bit of a disappointment to some of us UK members. I guess they want to keep any new announcements for PMA, don’t know why they would want to do that!

For this reason I have arranged with Pentax UK and Peter Bargh, editor of Pentax User Club magazine, to be around their stand – LK3 – with a selection of Pentax items (loaned from Pentax and my own) for anyone to come along and try.

I shall be around for all four days, so come along and meet up. I will not be on the stand all the time (I want to have a look around as well!), but I will be popping back and forth and Peter and his team will have my schedule for each day.

An added incentive is that there is a FREE - HUGE POSTER PRINT FOR PENTAX USER MEMBERS - They have the latest Canon iPF8000 12 colour pigment ink large format printer on the stand. Any e2 member or Pentax User/ FPME subscriber who visits on any day can bring along one digital file on a USB stick or CD which they will print at A2, A1 or A0 free of charge!

An A0 print would normally cost more than membership. If you are not currently a member of any of these products you can join on the day. As there is limited time at the show to print, the offer is operated on a first come first served basis.

There are also free seminars every day on the stand. More details here: http://www.ephotozine.com/epz_focus_2007.htm. You might consider joining Pentax User Club, as club members can order any Pentax accessory and other useful items at a discount with free post and packing.

You can pre-book tickets for Focus on their website
http://www.focus-on-imaging.co.uk/

02-18-2007, 04:07 AM   #2

Thanks for the info Richard, see you there on Monday.
I think the Canon printer might be getting a bit of a workout !

Mick Dann
02-24-2007, 04:16 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Here's a list of Pentax and Pentax related items I will have with me at Focus for anyone to come along and try. It's a mix of items kindly loaned by Pentax UK and my own.

Bodies
K100D, K10D + grip, MZ-S + grip

DA & D-FA Lenses
DA 10-17 FE, DA 12-24, DA 14, DA 16-45, DA 50-200, D-FA 50 macro, D-FA 100 macro

DA & FA LTD’s
DA 21, DA 40, DA 70, FA 77

FA & FA*
FA*24, FA 35, FA 50 macro, FA 28-105 f3.2-4.5, FA*300 f4.5

Other makes
Tamron 70-300 LD Di, Tamron 1.4x TC, Hartblei Super Rotator tilt & shift 80 f2.8

Flash and flash accessories
AF 360, AF 540, Metz 54 MZ3, Hot shoe & off shoe adaptors, cords etc

Other accessories
CS-205 release, TS-110 Timer release, Remote F, 0-ME53 Loupe 1.2x eyecup

Sorry that there are no DA* samples! We had hoped that ‘just’ maybe there was a slight possibility, but they haven’t arrived in UK yet.

I shall also have a variety of other bits with me which are ‘Pentax friendly’ such as the Seagull right angle finder and Epson P-2000.

Some other members from the forums are expected to come along, mostly on Sunday and Monday I believe, so come along and meet up. If you intend to come along on Tuesday or Wednesday, please let me know.

I shall be around between 11 and 4 each day, I also have limited amount of ‘free’ goodies kindly donated by Pentax UK for those that come along!

See you there!