Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2017, 06:00 PM   #361
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
. The only feature Pentax is missing vs. Fuji is the under developed, lackluster video..
Fuji?

http://www.fujix-forum.com/index.php?threads/52769/

01-28-2017, 06:44 PM   #362

QuoteOriginally posted by cfraz Quote
Can you share where D810's sell for such a price? B&H lists D810 nearly $1000 higher than the K-1.
Google D810 price. You'll find a number of sources for under $2,000.00 US
01-28-2017, 06:51 PM - 2 Likes   #363
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yeap, sounds so familiar doesn't it. If it hadn't been for the title I could have been convinced I was on Pentax Forum. Same on Nikon forums and commentators with regard to video.

If you want video on a small DSLR type camera then buy the Panasonic GH5. It blows the rest out of the water at the moment, plus has accessories for professional sound input. Otherwise move up to a dedicated video camera - RED, Blackmagic, Sony or Canon.

Stills pick your poison - everything has plusses and minuses.

From Medium format through FF, APS-C, m4/3 to 1" there are trade-offs and issues with each and every camera and manufacturer. Cost, portability, lens type and availability, weather resistance, image stabilisation, customer support, body shape, body hold-ability, battery life, ISO range, high ISO image production, shutters, viewfinders, EVF size and refresh rates.

I could keep going, but in the end it all just gets a bit dull and tedious.

I am sure we will be reading the same complaints and general grizzlies in 10 years time when the cameras and sensors available then will have completely obsoleted what we are using and/or considering today
01-28-2017, 07:35 PM   #364
mee
Veteran Member

What about this battery grip? D-BG7 now?

What happened to the quick release hot rumor?

And is Ricoh now making a plethora of battery grips? K-3 used D-BG5, K-1 used D-BG6, now KP uses D-BG7. Is the K-3 II successor going to use 5, 6, 7, or a new 8?

It was nice in K-7/K-5 days when the same grip could interchange. So there was one less item to rebuy.. and a ton of used ones on the market. hehehe probably why Ricoh is now switching them up (and of course with diff body designs).

01-28-2017, 07:45 PM - 1 Like   #365
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is unusual for such a compact camera to have the option of a battery grip at all, but the fact that it takes D-Li90's as well as D-Li190's and AA's is actually pretty cool IMHO.

Every new body shape necessitates a different battery grip. Apart from body shape, button position also evolves over time.
01-28-2017, 08:32 PM   #366
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Floggin Rodger Quote
Used not new or from questionable vendor!!
01-28-2017, 08:58 PM   #367

He said they were for rich people wanting to show off and pretend that they are hotshot photographers. .
Well yeah but Jim Marshal liked them too

01-28-2017, 10:46 PM - 1 Like   #368
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Floggin Rodger Quote
LOL, OK. If you're trying to convince yourself new D810s are priced virtually the same as K-1's, knock yourself out. If you're trying to convince PF readership, I don't think they're as stupid as you're hoping.
01-28-2017, 11:30 PM   #369
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Fuji?
Yes Fuji. Your reference post is talking about XT-1. Fuji now has an XT-2 with improved video. Indication of the vendor listening to the user feedback and requests. I don't think Fuji makes any claims about their camera's video capabilities. But the reports I have seen point to a much improved video and 4K video at that. Something that I have not seen from Pentax in almost five years of Pentax ownership including my K1.
01-29-2017, 02:23 AM - 2 Likes   #370
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes Fuji. Your reference post is talking about XT-1. Fuji now has an XT-2 with improved video..
So it takes $1600 for a crop camera without shake reduction?

No thanks.
01-29-2017, 03:16 AM   #371
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I am a professional in a different field to photography. I often say to my team - if there is a tool we need to make us more efficient, deliver better service to our clients, or we need the information (manuals, guides etc.) then we get it.
I'll summarize part of your post: for many non-professionals, "need" and "want" are synonymous.

---------- Post added 29-01-17 at 10:32 ----------

This may be a bit late to the argument, but those who insist that the KP is no more retro in appearance than the K-1, need to consider the TOP view, and appreciate how much thinner this KP is compared to almost all other dSLRs, from any maker.
01-29-2017, 03:47 AM   #372
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hmmm, I hope we can get a focus test comparison KP vs. K-3/II.
01-29-2017, 03:53 AM   #373
bxf
Veteran Member

I haven't seen any reference to this (from imaging-resource):

Finally, an official tethering solution returns to Pentax APS-C cameras!
Another piece of great news is that the Pentax KP will support remote tethered shooting using the company's optional Pentax Image Transmitter 2 software and its related Lightroom plugin. That's huge news, as until now the software has been reserved for Pentax's medium-format and full-frame DSLR models, with APS-C shooters having to rely on reverse-engineered third-party solutions for tethered shooting. We're thrilled to see Ricoh has decided to bring tethering back for subframe shooters, as it's something we've been asking about for years!

I'd have thought this would be important to some people here. Did I miss the discussion?
01-29-2017, 03:55 AM - 1 Like   #374
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
The closest encounter that I've had with a digital leica camera was somebody holding it in front of me. As I understood, it doesn't have a preview screen and it's as if you're still on the film days. A lot of people like this thing and if they do and can afford it, then maybe they should have it.
Even if I can afford a leica in the future, I wouldn't get one. Modern technology has made things easy in photography. You can immediately see your photo after you've made your shot and this is something I like.
You should try a Leica M once. You would discover, oh miracle! that you can see your photo on the rear LCD after taking it.
01-29-2017, 04:22 AM   #375
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
I'd have thought this would be important to some people here. Did I miss the discussion?
Don't try to derail discussion from shaming Ricoh for removal of top screen, really bad AF with non-working tracking, non-metal top plate (and overall bad quality), inclusion of stupid third control wheel system, interchangeable hand grips that will definitely get detached from the camera while in use and sensor that gives same or worse image quality as in K-5