Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 251 Likes Search this Thread
01-26-2017, 12:37 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I love the direction this camera is taking: a "flat" bodied DSLR with knobs galore! It makes me think of my Olympus E-M10 but on steroids. I wish the camera could be even flatter, thinner, and shorter.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Q7 here as inspiration for the dial on the front of the body.

01-26-2017, 12:54 AM - 1 Like   #62
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums

---------- Post added 01-26-2017 at 12:54 AM ----------

---------- Post added 01-26-2017 at 12:56 AM ----------

---------- Post added 01-26-2017 at 12:57 AM ----------

---------- Post added 01-26-2017 at 12:58 AM ----------

shutter works
01-26-2017, 01:30 AM - 4 Likes   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Well, from what I read and the many 'likes' on such comments, many of us do think it is needed.

As a matter of fact, I disable the back LED screen (as it is a big, glowing monstrosity that slows down my productivity) and strictly use the top LCD panel.

As a result, this KP camera isn't even on the list for consideration. Looking for a true K-3 II successor with a top LCD panel, or I'm possibly looking for another brand (it is that serious).
Never let camera features or lack thereof, get in the way of producing your best work.

Although it is virtually impossible to cater for everyone's needs, you should pick something you are comfortable with, and won't be a distraction all the time you are photographing...

It is just a tool, and if a system continuously fail to cater for your specific needs, it is obviously best if you change and hopefully have a nicer experience.

Some of us have come a long way with Pentax and although not always happy, will continue to do so, even when griping all the time, probably because most of us are hobbyist... Just saying
01-26-2017, 01:40 AM   #64
ogl
Banned

I would say it's not bad replacement for K-5II.

01-26-2017, 01:53 AM - 1 Like   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Some of us have come a long way with Pentax and although not always happy, will continue to do so
agree with that - but just wanted to say that the Great Karoo is one of my favourite places - though English, I've spent many hours and days driving its roads and breathing in its magic with ts dust.

here's a few of the pics - https://www.flickr.com/photos/73146629@N02/albums/72157630162977498
01-26-2017, 01:54 AM - 5 Likes   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
battery life 390 with 50% flash, not 420.
I read your negative comments on all KP threads and I can't help it but ask you: Are you interested in buying a new Pentax camera? And if you are can you please tell us the features you want it to have and how much are you willing to pay for it. Bear in mind that you can buy the K-3, K-3II, KS2, K-70, KP and K-1 already but nothing seems to fit your needs. I strongly believe that after recording your wish list and your offering money we may be in the pleasant situation to inform you that Pentax will never release a camera with your specifications at your asking price and you could happily stop wasting your time in here so you can look somewhere else where you could have better luck.
01-26-2017, 02:04 AM - 1 Like   #67
Veteran Member

It's £1100!!!

Eleven hundred quid!!!

Honestly can't see (m)any being sold.

01-26-2017, 02:09 AM - 3 Likes   #68
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
I read your negative comments on all KP threads and I can't help it but ask you: Are you interested in buying a new Pentax camera?
I have wondered about that too.

I have a theory:

Here in New Zealand (and the Australians and South Africans too) it is the middle of summer. It is warm. The sun is shining. The sky is blue. Beautiful women are walking around in summer clothes. So the new camera arrives, and I am already in a good mood - I think 'sweet' a new camera, it has some cool new features...

Ogl by comparison is in Siberia. It is the middle of winter. It is dark. It is cold. Much further west the Danube has frozen over. It is still cold. Can you even go outside and use a camera in this weather. Perhaps Ogl is in a poorer mood than someone in the middle of summer in New Zealand. His thoughts are applied to a new camera. There are some less than positive aspects...

---------- Post added 26-01-17 at 10:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
It's £1100!!!

Eleven hundred quid!!!

Don't ever look at a Leica camera or lens then
01-26-2017, 02:22 AM - 1 Like   #69
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I can see this replacing my K-3 with a smaller, more stylish form factor.
It should make for a very nice street/travel camera, and despite the grumpy enthusiasts here, that is why a lot of "normal" people buy a camera.
01-26-2017, 02:26 AM   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
It's £1100!!!

Eleven hundred quid!!!

Initial production volume: 7,000 units per month. The same as for the K-1.
This is not a high volume product.
01-26-2017, 02:29 AM - 3 Likes   #71
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
I read your negative comments on all KP threads and I can't help it but ask you: Are you interested in buying a new Pentax camera? And if you are can you please tell us the features you want it to have and how much are you willing to pay for it. Bear in mind that you can buy the K-3, K-3II, KS2, K-70, KP and K-1 already but nothing seems to fit your needs. I strongly believe that after recording your wish list and your offering money we may be in the pleasant situation to inform you that Pentax will never release a camera with your specifications at your asking price and you could happily stop wasting your time in here so you can look somewhere else where you could have better luck.
I'll support Ogl. KP is worse than K-3II (except probably for the sensor) and costs more than K-3II. I do not understand your enthusiasm of paying more for the worse product.
I myself would like just K-3II with better tracking AF and better sensor for the price of K-3II when it was introduced or slightly more. But KP indicates that the price of K-3II successor most likely be much more.
01-26-2017, 02:33 AM - 2 Likes   #72
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by frogfoot Quote
I'll support Ogl. KP is worse than K-3II (except probably for the sensor) and costs more than K-3II. I do not understand your enthusiasm of paying more for the worse product.
Just to check my theory - are you living in the Northern Hemisphere or in the beautiful sun laden, middle of summer Southern Hemisphere?

OK, I just checked your profile - Russia again...

Theory is still good
01-26-2017, 02:35 AM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
agree with that - but just wanted to say that the Great Karoo is one of my favourite places - though English, I've spent many hours and days driving its roads and breathing in its magic with ts dust.

here's a few of the pics - Karoo | Flickr
Nice series, including my home town GRT, and Nieu Bethesda and surrounds...aren't I lucky?
01-26-2017, 02:36 AM - 2 Likes   #74
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by frogfoot Quote
I do not understand your enthusiasm of paying more for the worse product.
Newer sensor with better specs. Improved AF algorithm. WiFi built in. Smaller, lighter and cuter.
Worse at some things, better at others.
01-26-2017, 02:39 AM - 1 Like   #75
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I have wondered about that too.

I have a theory:

Here in New Zealand (and the Australians and South Africans too) it is the middle of summer. It is warm. The sun is shining. The sky is blue. Beautiful women are walking around in summer clothes. So the new camera arrives, and I am already in a good mood - I think 'sweet' a new camera, it has some cool new features...

)
I agree people complain and threaten to leave. Like why birch to us. Write pentax a letter.

But more importantly let me know when summer arrives in New Zealand. Queenstown just got snow last week. It's cold down here on the south island haha