Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2017, 06:05 PM   #166
Pentaxian
Site Supporter
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 29,965
Who are these people who can tell who's using a prime and who's using a zoom?

In this poll only 18% of the participants identified the prime, which is pretty much the same as a random guess.
35mm find that prime. - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

If someone has some information that shows people can pick out primes I'd love to see it, but until they do that, I'm going with the best evidence I have, which is this poll, and it's logical conclusion that people can't tell the difference.

02-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #167
retired nerd
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,286
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
It is easy to discern which 'photographer' grew up with zooms, and which photographer grew up using the proven 35 and 50 methods.
Exactly how do you presume to differentiate between those two types of photographer?? {I want to apply the test to me}

Last edited by reh321; 02-21-2017 at 09:16 PM.
02-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #168
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montréal QC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,048
D-FA* 50mm F/1.4 coming
02-21-2017, 10:02 PM   #169
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lawrence, KS
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,867
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
... It is easy to discern which 'photographer' grew up with zooms, and which photographer grew up using the proven 35 and 50 methods.
Pfft lol whatever.

02-21-2017, 11:07 PM - 1 Like   #170
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,541
QuoteOriginally posted by following.eric Quote
But if 50mm and 35mm back in the day on film where the best lens for what your eye sees and natural look of fov...How come they are still making 35mm and 50mm apsc lenses. Why not shift to only making 24mm & I guess 34/35mm apsc to replicate the 35 & 50mm film era.
...
Fujifilm has 23mm lens for their X-system; it was one of first lenses they developed.
All Fujifilm's X100 cameras are too based on the 23mm lens.
Leica too has 23 mm lenses for their APS-C mirrorless cameras. Their fixed lens cameras (X1, X2, X-Typ) have 23 or 24mm lenses. Leica's 35mm lenses for the M system are legendary.
Nikon has — five! — 24mm lenses, all in production. Plenty to choose from for use on crop cameras. Nikon also has five 35mm lenses.
Olympus and Panasonic both have 17mm lenses for their m4/3 system.
Etc.

I wish to say that it would be good if Pentax develops such lenses for their users. 24mm and 35mm are truly necessary for both FF and crop, and I hope Ricoh will finally deliver them — first time ever for Pentax in digital age.

Last edited by Uluru; 02-21-2017 at 11:13 PM.
02-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #171
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,020
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
If this reference design is carried through to production model, it confirms that the 35FF lenses are not going to reflect the signature small size of the APS-C lenses.
02-22-2017, 12:16 AM   #172
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 364
And it's ok for the DFA* series to put IQ before compactness. Just hope that the limited series will be updated next but this is a 2018/2019 question.

Last edited by Glorfindelrb; 02-22-2017 at 12:49 AM.
02-22-2017, 05:27 AM   #173
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lawrence, KS
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,867
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Fujifilm has 23mm lens for their X-system; it was one of first lenses they developed.
All Fujifilm's X100 cameras are too based on the 23mm lens.
Leica too has 23 mm lenses for their APS-C mirrorless cameras. Their fixed lens cameras (X1, X2, X-Typ) have 23 or 24mm lenses. Leica's 35mm lenses for the M system are legendary.
Nikon has — five! — 24mm lenses, all in production. Plenty to choose from for use on crop cameras. Nikon also has five 35mm lenses.
Olympus and Panasonic both have 17mm lenses for their m4/3 system.
Etc.

I wish to say that it would be good if Pentax develops such lenses for their users. 24mm and 35mm are truly necessary for both FF and crop, and I hope Ricoh will finally deliver them — first time ever for Pentax in digital age.
This has bothered me as well. That the FA 28 f2.8 was taken out of production along with the FA* 24 f2.0, without replacement, baffles me while other FA and FA Ltd's have continued to be produced. Especially when considering how useful those focal lengths are on a crop body.

02-22-2017, 06:18 AM   #174
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,564
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
If this reference design is carried through to production model, it confirms that the 35FF lenses are not going to reflect the signature small size of the APS-C lenses.
It may too but only after *-kind of lenses IMO.
02-22-2017, 06:23 AM   #175
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 703
QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
This has bothered me as well. That the FA 28 f2.8 was taken out of production along with the FA* 24 f2.0, without replacement, baffles me while other FA and FA Ltd's have continued to be produced. Especially when considering how useful those focal lengths are on a crop body.
because they are up next in Pentax's production line. The 24 for sure.
02-22-2017, 07:21 AM   #176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lawrence, KS
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,867
QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
because they are up next in Pentax's production line. The 24 for sure.
Do we have confirmation that it's a 24 and not a 28 or something else again? Either or between, it all sounds good to me, as long as my K-5 II can drive the thing (meaning not KAF4). *for me*; for the good of the brand, KAF4 might be a better way to do this lens as well. Very curious what they show up with over the year.
02-22-2017, 03:36 PM   #177
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 703
QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Do we have confirmation that it's a 24 and not a 28 or something else again
@Kenspo would know this already.. or he may be testing one right now.

@Kenspo how many spokes do we have in the wheel? 24 or 28? <- Answering this question should be ok I am thinking.
02-22-2017, 05:48 PM - 2 Likes   #178
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,541
QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
@Kenspo would know this already.. or he may be testing one right now.
This is the joke of the week.
02-22-2017, 05:53 PM - 1 Like   #179
mee
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,491
QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
@Kenspo would know this already.. or he may be testing one right now.

@Kenspo how many spokes do we have in the wheel? 24 or 28? <- Answering this question should be ok I am thinking.
Give it up. You're just going to get him in trouble.. and this is his JOB we're talking about.
02-22-2017, 11:00 PM   #180
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,978
QuoteOriginally posted by jake14mw Quote
If you had your choice, what lens would you like Pentax to introduce for the kind of portait work you do?
I've always been a little jealous of Canon's 135 f/2 so something similar from Pentax would be a welcome surprise. Other than that I am quite happy with the 85.

I would however like to jump back into landscapes though so a wide angle prime that had the same kind of magic as the DA15 but for full frame would also put a big smile on my face.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cp, evf, frame, gr iii, ii, k-3, k-30, k-mount, k3, k5, kp, lenses, lot, opinions, page, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, people, photo, phrase, q7, ricoh, site, slr, successor, web
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hiroyasu Uehara of RIcoh to speak at CP+ Technological Academy 2016 solar1 Pentax News and Rumors 5 01-31-2016 10:54 AM
Could Ricoh join m4/3 at CP+? JPT Pentax Mirrorless Cameras 33 02-10-2015 02:08 PM
Ricoh's Booth at CP+ 2015 Docrwm Pentax News and Rumors 80 02-10-2015 04:37 AM
RICOH IMAGING to Exhibit a DSLR Camera Under Development at CP+ February 12-15 Adam Homepage & Official Pentax News 0 02-04-2015 04:30 PM
RICOH IMAGING to Exhibit Four Reference Products at CP+ 2014 Camera and Photo Imaging Adam Homepage & Official Pentax News 6 04-01-2014 04:45 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top