Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2017, 12:28 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Not CES but Photokina in September 2016.
For what it's worth, I consider this information accurate or at least highly plausible.

01-26-2017, 12:47 PM   #17
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I want to see new GR.
01-26-2017, 02:16 PM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I want to see new GR.
You and me both. GR with 24MP, sealing, and SR, please!
01-26-2017, 03:45 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Keep an eye on this Ricoh YouTube account during CP+ for interesting videos of speakers, products etc:

pentaxplus - YouTube

01-26-2017, 09:29 PM   #20
mee
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Joshua A Quote
Just with a quick Google Translate of the page (Google Translate), it seems there are three events over the week which include the phrase 'new K-Mount lens', so hopefully we shall receive 3 new K-mount lenses!
Where are you seeing that? I did a Ctrl+F (Find/Search) on that page and do not see that phrase anywhere on the translated page (using your link).

3 new lenses would be wonderful though!!

---------- Post added 01-26-17 at 10:38 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
For what it's worth, I consider this information accurate or at least highly plausible.
Considering the sample photos taken with KP are EXIF dated in early December and list version 1.00 firmware, it does appear this camera was ready to go last year... at least the hardware/software was ready to be produced.

I wonder how far along the actual K-3 II successor is in design? Might already have mules out in public..

I was really holding my breath for a K-3 II successor, to order it brand new and skip K-3 series at CP+/this Spring. But this really puts a kink in the plans haha.

I think several of us were expecting a K-3 II successor, because we were ready to buy a K-3 II successor. And that is why there is a bit more chaos and perceived negativity in the threads for KP. It isn't what we expected. Plus the whole (this is the K-3 II successor wording mishap that has now been corrected) didn't help matters.

If anyone does not like to read people's opinions, then forums (which are filled with people providing personal opinions) aren't for them.
01-26-2017, 09:58 PM - 3 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I will add up a bit more information here. this is a link to CP+2017 floor layout
http://www.cpplus.jp/download/en/cpplus2017_layoutplan.pdf
from the official floor layout, It looks like Ricoh booth is moved to another side of the floor. They used to be where Casio is this year. and SONY booth is hugggge while Nikon seem smaller.

I post this before and will tell it again here. If you will be or plan to be in Tokyo during 25-26 Feb 2017, and you want to visit the site. you can register with the organizer and get your free pass via this link --> CP+2017 Visitor Registration
Yokohama is only a few minutes south of Tokyo by train. I got more information and map on my blog as well.
I usually go take sunset and night landscape around Yokohama, Sakuragicho after the exhibition. If I have time, I will update that page with information and walking map of interesting places for photo shooting close to the exhibition center.

Last edited by pakinjapan; 01-26-2017 at 10:04 PM.
01-27-2017, 04:36 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Looks like KP is getting center stage, like the Theta. So a real k-3 II successor will probably appear later this year:

Of course they are not going to give away future announcements in their fair promo, so it's doesn't tell us very much.
01-27-2017, 04:41 AM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Where are you seeing that? I did a Ctrl+F (Find/Search) on that page and do not see that phrase anywhere on the translated page (using your link).

3 new lenses would be wonderful though!!

---------- Post added 01-26-17 at 10:38 PM ----------

Considering the sample photos taken with KP are EXIF dated in early December and list version 1.00 firmware, it does appear this camera was ready to go last year... at least the hardware/software was ready to be produced.

I wonder how far along the actual K-3 II successor is in design? Might already have mules out in public..

I was really holding my breath for a K-3 II successor, to order it brand new and skip K-3 series at CP+/this Spring. But this really puts a kink in the plans haha.

I think several of us were expecting a K-3 II successor, because we were ready to buy a K-3 II successor. And that is why there is a bit more chaos and perceived negativity in the threads for KP. It isn't what we expected. Plus the whole (this is the K-3 II successor wording mishap that has now been corrected) didn't help matters.

If anyone does not like to read people's opinions, then forums (which are filled with people providing personal opinions) aren't for them.
Just what I saw, it's all included as a single statement.

Attached Images

01-27-2017, 05:04 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Just what I saw, it's all included as a single statement.
You should buy a bigger screen, there are actually four such conferences .

The Japanese sentence is 新製品PENTAX KPからK-1、Kマウント交換レンズまで.

Kマウント交換レンズ definitely means 'K-mount interchangeable lenses' but I don't understand what is added by まで (to, until) placed at the end of the sentence.
01-27-2017, 05:14 AM   #25
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Kマウント交換レンズ definitely means 'K-mount interchangeable lenses' but I don't understand what is added by まで (to, until) placed at the end of the sentence.
It means - New products from KP and K-1 till K-mount interchangeable lenses
01-27-2017, 05:27 AM - 4 Likes   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I wonder how far along the actual K-3 II successor is in design?

K7 > K5 > K3 > K1 is the successor. Those are the flagship cameras, and I'd imagine they'll stay full frame from now on. It's kinda funny, people have been asking for full frame for so long, now people are asking were Pentax' D500 is.
01-27-2017, 05:29 AM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It means - New products from KP and K-1 till K-mount interchangeable lenses
If so, this is an official leak indicating new K-mount lenses will be presented at or until CP+ (I very much doubt the 55-300mm PLM RE is what's targeted here).
01-27-2017, 05:36 AM   #28
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
It's kinda funny, people have been asking for full frame for so long, now people are asking were Pentax' D500 is.
What surprises you? Some people want FF, some are happy with top APS-C.
01-27-2017, 05:53 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I'll be damn, even better news if that is in fact what it means. And yes, a screen larger than my 10.1 inch Surface Pro would be nice
01-27-2017, 06:16 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Well I'll be damn, even better news if that is in fact what it means. (...)
I'd rather say there are four sessions on the same (hot) topic. I presume the number of participants to those seminars is limited (space available, conviviality).