Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 49 Likes Search this Thread
02-17-2017, 10:59 PM   #91
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think Ricoh is likely to keep the focus on the KP at the CP+ stand, and is unlikely to release another Pentax camera (i.e. anything out of the Philippines) just now. They have some new merchandise that they will be selling at CP+ to promote the KP. ????????/???????? | RICOH IMAGING

It seems like high time for some lenses, though, either actually released or just displayed. In addition to the ones on the roadmap, we could see some others, including another Tamron rebrand, like a cheaper tele zoom for the K-1. I think there is a clear business case to let customers know new lenses are coming, especially for the K-1 and 645z.

They could be due for a new Ricoh camera. I note that the GXR was finally removed from their product list on the Japanese website a week ago. It was always a bit of mystery why it was still there, when it was long since unavailable and other more recent cameras had come and gone. It makes me wonder if it was only sitting there as a kind of placeholder until some kind of successor was ready. Another possibility is something WG. As far as I can see, the WG series still sells relatively well for a compact, at least in Japan.

Finally, they sometimes demonstrate technologies that are not tied to a specific product. Pixel Shift Resolution was first shown at KP plus, before the K-3ii itself was announced. This turned out to be quite a big deal, although it didn't seem like much to start with.

02-18-2017, 03:06 AM   #92
Banned

Hello Kitty fullHD projector seems cool.

HELLO KITTY ??????? RICOH PJ HDC5420HK: ???????? | RICOH IMAGING
02-18-2017, 03:56 AM - 1 Like   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
(...)

Don't they generally show their products before CP+ actually starts in press releases, if they have something ready to roll?
Indeed they do; here below the announcements during the Ricoh era (clic for bigger):

02-18-2017, 04:03 AM   #94
Pentaxian

CP+ starts thursday, so announcements probably on tuesday.

02-18-2017, 04:34 AM   #95
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
CP+ starts thursday, so announcements probably on tuesday.
L'espoir fait vivre.
02-18-2017, 05:05 AM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
K7 > K5 > K3 > K1 is the successor. Those are the flagship cameras, and I'd imagine they'll stay full frame from now on. It's kinda funny, people have been asking for full frame for so long, now people are asking were Pentax' D500 is.
You have a lot of folks who wanted a full frame camera and finally did not buy any full frame. Prior to the release of the K1, you had a number of "animators" on forums, those guys disappeared the next day Pentax K1 was released. What's being said on internet is a lot of vaporware since it's nearly anonymous, you don't know who's behind, anyone can say anything , it's free.

---------- Post added 18-02-17 at 13:16 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Hello Kitty fullHD projector seems cool.
Since you've sold you K5 and K3 and lenses, a got you K-01 stolen, and did not get a K1, did you stop photography or did you buy yourself a D750 kit ?

---------- Post added 18-02-17 at 13:21 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I think Ricoh is likely to keep the focus on the KP at the CP+ stand, and is unlikely to release another Pentax camera (i.e. anything out of the Philippines) just now. They have some new merchandise that they will be selling at CP+ to promote the KP. ????????/???????? | RICOH IMAGING It seems like high time for some lenses, though, either actually released or just displayed. In addition to the ones on the roadmap, we could see some others, including another Tamron rebrand, like a cheaper tele zoom for the K-1. I think there is a clear business case to let customers know new lenses are coming, especially for the K-1 and 645z. They could be due for a new Ricoh camera. I note that the GXR was finally removed from their product list on the Japanese website a week ago. It was always a bit of mystery why it was still there, when it was long since unavailable and other more recent cameras had come and gone. It makes me wonder if it was only sitting there as a kind of placeholder until some kind of successor was ready. Another possibility is something WG. As far as I can see, the WG series still sells relatively well for a compact, at least in Japan. Finally, they sometimes demonstrate technologies that are not tied to a specific product. Pixel Shift Resolution was first shown at KP plus, before the K-3ii itself was announced. This turned out to be quite a big deal, although it didn't seem like much to start with.
I think Ricoh should make two or three new camera prototypes (3D printed bodies) to excite people are trade fairs. And since people ask but for most of them don't buy anything; Ricoh would only release 1/3rd of the prototype models. Same for lenses, put a lot of lenses on the road map and only make the ones that people are spending money on.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 02-18-2017 at 05:21 AM.
02-18-2017, 06:00 AM   #97
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe they're just biding their time.

Will Rikennon become RiNikon?

02-18-2017, 06:51 AM   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
(...)

Will Rikennon become RiNikon?
As long as they don't become too "rikiki" (puny, scrimpy in French).

By the way: four Sigma lenses on the horizon (14mm f/1.8 - 135mm f/1.8 - 24-70mm f/2.8 - 100-400mm f/5-6.3), none in Pentax mount
02-18-2017, 07:10 AM - 1 Like   #99
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
You have a lot of folks who wanted a full frame camera and finally did not buy any full frame. Prior to the release of the K1, you had a number of "animators" on forums, those guys disappeared the next day Pentax K1 was released. What's being said on internet is a lot of vaporware since it's nearly anonymous, you don't know who's behind, anyone can say anything , it's free.
Who are these many people to which you refer?

I agree it is easy to ask for something online, anonymously and then not buy.. which I'm sure happens.. but did we really have a large issue with this? I remember lots of cheering and happiness on the announcement of the K-1. Lots of discussions on the K-1 and how it would work with X and Y lens.. it was a pleasant time.
02-18-2017, 07:12 AM   #100
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
By the way: four Sigma lenses on the horizon (14mm f/1.8 - 135mm f/1.8 - 24-70mm f/2.8 - 100-400mm f/5-6.3), none in Pentax mount
Probably none of them a good quality, non clunky lens design, based on their recent rather lame additions.

It would be good if some new maker would step in fill the gap of missing high quality lenses.
Laowa with the top notch 12/2.8 has shown what is possible in the upper class: tiny, all metal build. They "only" need to add autofocus.
02-18-2017, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #101
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Probably none of them a good quality, non clunky lens design, based on their recent rather lame additions.

(...).
Indeed, their 85mm f/1.4 Art is awfulesome:

Photozone - next PZ lens test report: Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM ART - Canon EOS -

02-18-2017, 07:58 AM   #102
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
We can only hope to be as disappointed with such terrible Sigma designs as the Canon and Nikon folks are subjected to..
02-18-2017, 08:11 AM   #103

Tamron has released a new version of their 10mm-24mm f3.5-4.5. Not available in Pentax mount the first version was available in Pentax mount. Pentax has a DA wide zoom lens on k-mount roadmap. Can it be related?
02-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #104
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ascencio Quote
Tamron has released a new version of their 10mm-24mm f3.5-4.5. Not available in Pentax mount the first version was available in Pentax mount. Pentax has a DA wide zoom lens on k-mount roadmap. Can it be related?
No recent Tamron lens is available in Pentax K mount.
02-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #105
Pentaxian

Original Poster
That Sigma is awesomely huge - 1130g for an 85mm f/1.4? Really? And 86mm filters?
I'd rather have a more compact D FA Limited.