Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2017, 04:45 PM - 4 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Next update is in the pipeline,looks like March.
Best regards

02-10-2017, 04:56 PM   #17
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Best regards
Any idea if it will include an update to the AF as in the KP?
02-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
The only thing I really want is to be able to turn off the exposure preview in LV. It makes focusing in live view impossible when you are shooting with flash.
You got that right. It makes Live View almost unusable, IMHO. You have to kick it over to TAv to have any hope of focusing or composing and then switch it back to M, hoping you didn't move the camera too much and wreck the focus.
02-10-2017, 05:51 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pony97 Quote
The new KP function of motion bracketing and depth of field bracketing are the long wishing functions of me, if podsible, K1 firmware updated with these functions will be highly appreciated.
I'm fairly confident that we'll see these features at some point in the near future, as long as the K-1 hardware permits.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-10-2017, 06:06 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm fairly confident that we'll see these features at some point in the near future, as long as the K-1 hardware permits.
I just want some focus bracketing. Now that would be cool.
02-10-2017, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
I just want some focus bracketing. Now that would be cool.
My old Olympus em1 got that with a few update, was a cool feature. Another cool one they implemented was the livecomp mode, basically made star trails blend right in body saving a ton of time and space stacking individual pics, and it was a standard raw file, not just a jpeg thing. Wish we had that too, I'd especially appreciate livecomp as it allowed me to make dope images
02-11-2017, 10:07 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
IMO focus stacking ils vzry Gard to do with most lenses from Pentax catalog unless newer lenses were designed with precise distance reporting to the body.

02-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #23

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Best regards
I predict they will announce it just before CP+ with release date in March like they did with Photokina last year.
Obviously this is a nice trick to get some attention for the K-1 just before CP+.

I just hope we get the electronic shutter outside of LV .
I wonder if the KP has that feature?
02-11-2017, 01:56 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Snakeisthestuff Quote
I predict they will announce it just before CP+ with release date in March like they did with Photokina last year.
Obviously this is a nice trick to get some attention for the K-1 just before CP+.

I just hope we get the electronic shutter outside of LV .
I wonder if the KP has that feature?
I don't think so, but the KP manual is out if you want to double-check.
02-11-2017, 02:08 PM - 2 Likes   #25
Veteran Member

KP has electronic shutter outside liveview, In liveview it is real quiet. No movements of any mechanics. In the viewfinder mode there is some noise from the mirror, but very silent too.
I would hope for the K1 update that the
* es will be updated to the KP capabilities
* two braketing options and
* the focus peeking features fro the KP will be incorporated into the K1 firmware update.
* And it would be nice if the function dial could be made programmable in the K1 as with KP - but i think this will not happen, because the positions are named on the K1.
02-11-2017, 02:10 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by joergens.mi Quote
KP has electronic shutter outside liveview, In liveview it is real quiet. No movements of any mechanics. In the viewfinder mode there is some noise from the mirror, but very silent too.
I would hope for the K1 update that the
* es will be updated to the KP capabilities
* two braketing options and
* the focus peeking features fro the KP will be incorporated into the K1 firmware update.
* And it would be nice if the function dial could be made programmable in the K1 as with KP - but i think this will not happen, because the positions are named on the K1.
What's new with focus peaking?
02-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Have a look in the manual, there are at least one additional option, and it is not coloring (I missing that).

Focus Peaking; Highlight Edge, Extract edge, Off
02-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by joergens.mi Quote
Have a look in the manual, there are at least one additional option, and it is not coloring (I missing that).

Focus Peaking; Highlight Edge, Extract edge, Off
Here's the relevant part of the KP manual,

QuoteQuote:
When [Focus Peaking] is set to [Highlight Edge] or [Extract Edge], the outline and contrast of the subject in focus is emphasized, and this makes it easier to check the focus.

This function works in both AF and MF modes. The outline of the subject is not emphasized while autofocus is performed or a movie is recorded. Histogram Display and Highlight Alert become inactive while the outline of the subject is emphasized.