Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 193 Likes Search this Thread
04-21-2017, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #211
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dafbp Quote
I sure hope they never think of copying the "browse pics by rotating the wheel" way of Canon(Nikon too?). It's ridiculous, makes the camera look like a toy, at best.
But the focus point(s) selection could use a revamp, it's not as user friendly as the rest of the functions.

04-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #212
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amazing, that piece of authentic v-journalism from the Onion is just as relevant today as it was on January 6th, 2009.
04-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #213
Pentaxian

Do not want!!!!!
04-21-2017, 01:18 PM - 1 Like   #214
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Time to change the thread title to four months
... "Or later, depending on market conditions."

04-22-2017, 09:00 AM - 1 Like   #215
Veteran Member

Just came back from a Pentax Demo Day at my local B&M camera store, here in Antwerp, Belgium.

I talked to a sales person from Ricoh's regional head office in France and a Flemish wedding photographer / Pentax ambassador. They were showing off the KP so I asked about the KP being or not being the K-3II successor. The reply I got from the sales person was rather vague. It went along the lines of "not yet but it will be once the K-3II's production is stopped". Which sounds very strange to me. Possibly he didn't know anything, or didn't want to say anything. Regardless, I just thought I would share it here...

I walked around with the KP and liked it, though I found the user interface confusing being used to the way things have been since the K-7. After that I was allowed a spin with the K-1, which was much more natural (because more similar to my K-3II). Loved my FA31 on that K-1... It did feel much bigger than I remember from Photokina though. I'm now looking at the images I took, and going from the high ISO shots I took with the KP, K-1 and my K-3II, I would love a K-3II with the same sensor as the KP!! The IQ of the K-1 is sublime, but the KP's IQ has reinforced my intention to stay with APS-C.

just my 2 cents...

grtz, Wim
04-26-2017, 07:06 AM   #216
Pentaxian

Any "leaks" yet about the upcoming K-3II replacement? I wonder if kenpo or asahiman have any info. Hmmmm....... Inquiring minds would like to know.
04-26-2017, 07:56 AM   #217
Pentaxian

Just look at the K-1 and the KP. Put their improvements in the K-3 II successor. Imagine better AF tracking. All sensor development (Sony) seems to be going to on sensor pdaf points (not very useful when using the OVF) and new full frame sensors. This is probably why Pentax started using a de-noise accelerator chip. To get more out of current technology. Some extra improvements could be increased buffer, more fps made possible by faster Prime V with 4k (I don't think prime IV is really newer than Prime III). Enabled video mechanical sr. SR even better up to 5 stops.

05-03-2017, 01:32 AM   #218
Veteran Member

Just look at the K-1 and the KP. Put their improvements in the K-3 II successor. Imagine better AF tracking. All sensor development (Sony) seems to be going to on sensor pdaf points (not very useful when using the OVF) and new full frame sensors. This is probably why Pentax started using a de-noise accelerator chip. To get more out of current technology. Some extra improvements could be increased buffer, more fps made possible by faster Prime V with 4k (I don't think prime IV is really newer than Prime III). Enabled video mechanical sr. SR even better up to 5 stops.
when ?
05-03-2017, 02:35 AM   #219
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
when ?
This thread was started four months ago.
05-03-2017, 03:00 AM   #220
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think it is time we had some sort of leak
05-03-2017, 06:39 AM - 1 Like   #221
Pentaxian

I'm guessing that a leak might come late August or early September if they do plan to release it around that time. I do hope that it will be a major leap over the K-3/3II in every sense of the way & not just a minor update.
05-03-2017, 07:54 AM   #222
Veteran Member

Went to pick up a Samyang 10/2.8 at a large camera store in Turnhout, Belgium, during their annual demo days (extra discount!! ). Since this store is a branch of a Dutch main office, the Pentax/Ricoh salesman present to demo the Pentax stuff was from the Dutch Ricoh organization (contrary to the people I met in Antwerp earlier who were from Belgium and France). The reply to my questions was the same however. No news whatsoever on any new cameras. Although he didn't confirm the earlier reply I got that the KP would become the K-3II successor in time, he didn't contradict it either.

One thing he did mention, i.e. that in earlier days it was easier to deliver a service to customers. He referred to the days that (the then still independent) Pentax had their own office in the Netherlands (in Breda). I remember going there once or twice with my stuff for repairs. Every time I was received very well. Under Hoya, the local office was outsourced to a third party that was much stricter (=cost efficient?) in their direct customer dealings. Meaning that customers could only contact them indirectly through the store where the goods were purchased (good luck if you got your stuff second hand). This deal is finished now, but that doesn't mean the situation with Ricoh has returned to the way it was before Hoya. Back on topic, part of this continued reduction of service is the lack of communication from Japan to the regional offices, to the point that they learn most things only a little before the time the official press releases are published...

Not much info in this post I know, but I thought I should share nevertheless...

Wim
05-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #223
Pentaxian

Just look at the K-1 and the KP. Put their improvements in the K-3 II successor. Imagine better AF tracking. All sensor development (Sony) seems to be going to on sensor pdaf points (not very useful when using the OVF) and new full frame sensors. This is probably why Pentax started using a de-noise accelerator chip. To get more out of current technology. Some extra improvements could be increased buffer, more fps made possible by faster Prime V with 4k (I don't think prime IV is really newer than Prime III). Enabled video mechanical sr. SR even better up to 5 stops. FF is here
I'll have one of those please.
05-03-2017, 02:47 PM   #224
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I do hope that it will be a major leap over the K-3/3II in every sense of the way & not just a minor updat
absolutely, my wish too
05-04-2017, 01:37 AM   #225
Veteran Member

This thread was started four months ago.
Thread's title is "
Seven months before the successor of the K3II?

"

Ending with a question mark I do not consider that as a crystal clear timeline...

We need some leaks asap!
Closed Thread