Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 193 Likes Search this Thread
05-24-2017, 04:32 PM - 1 Like   #271
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Buy a Landrover. You'll never be disappointed. There's always a leak, somewhere under my Landrover.
A joke I heard once...Why did the British never make a Personal Computer? Because they couldn't figure out how to make it leak oil...

05-24-2017, 04:51 PM   #272
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Because they couldn't figure out how to make it leak oil...
Car dealership I worked at once upon a time acquired a Model T they wanted to display on a stand in the showroom. It didn't have to do anything but sit there without moving, maybe let someone start it once in a while and put it in a parade twice a year. No amount of RTV sealant or cork could seal the engine and the sales department quickly decided that putting a dark absorbant sheet underneath it wasn't an option, so the nice shiny and black Model T went back out to storage.
05-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #273
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Car dealership I worked at once upon a time acquired a Model T they wanted to display on a stand in the showroom. It didn't have to do anything but sit there without moving, maybe let someone start it once in a while and put it in a parade twice a year. No amount of RTV sealant or cork could seal the engine and the sales department quickly decided that putting a dark absorbant sheet underneath it wasn't an option, so the nice shiny and black Model T went back out to storage.
T's are notorious for leaks. The leaks can be found - often the sump bolts - but it takes a fair bit of effort to stop every leak on a Model T.
05-25-2017, 12:09 AM   #274
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Maybe. But, I still don't expect it this year.

This will be a quiet year. I have good hopes for 2018, however...
+1

I think they will wait and watch the market this year and then decide if and how they continue.

Whatever they will do, times for "cheap" options are over. They probably will prefer shedding the cheapo user types than appease them.

05-25-2017, 02:28 AM   #275
Veteran Member

I don't expect it this year.
That is terrible news if correct.
K-1 is out for quite some time now, a part of resources has been allocated to K2 (?) since then I suppose... K-p propably sucked up some as well
05-25-2017, 03:29 AM   #276
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Likely this year. September/October That's four years after the K-3 and 2,5 after the K3 II.
leak? yes most likely, an announcement then for Q1 2018 release, but lets hope they surprise us earlier
05-25-2017, 03:49 AM   #277
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
leak? yes most likely, an announcement then for Q1 2018 release, but lets hope they surprise us earlier
Because of what started this thread: Il cohabitera pendant six mois avec le K-3 II avant que celui-ci ne prenne sa retraite et soit remplacé. (It (KP) will co-exist with the K-3 II for six months which will then be discontinued and replaced).
That information must come from Ricoh France who were probably not supposed to say anything about the K-3 II successor but did anyway

05-25-2017, 03:58 AM   #278
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK, bring it on Pentax, bring it on, I'm ready

(It (KP) will co-exist with the K-3 II for six months which will then be discontinued and replaced)
05-25-2017, 04:30 AM   #279
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
That is terrible news if correct.
K-1 is out for quite some time now, a part of resources has been allocated to K2 (?) since then I suppose... K-p propably sucked up some as well
It's not necessarily terrible... it depends on what they're working on.
Would it be better to have yet another minor K-3 update this year? Maybe not.
05-25-2017, 05:04 AM   #280
Veteran Member

It's not necessarily terrible... it depends on what they're working on.
Would it be better to have yet another minor K-3 update this year? Maybe not.
I suppose this minor update is called K-p so already available...
I would buy a K3 ii in the mean time if it got a built in flash but wont because of that.
I have a 150-450 that I would like to use with a brand new body, waiting for one year already.
05-25-2017, 05:37 AM   #281
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
A joke I heard once...Why did the British never make a Personal Computer? Because they couldn't figure out how to make it leak oil...
Or, Lucas(The Prince of Darkness) made the electronics. Speaking from MG/A-H experience back in the seventies.
05-25-2017, 05:58 AM   #282
Pentaxian

Would it be better to have yet another minor K-3 update this year?
They've had over two years (probably more because development probably started right away after the K-3 came out) to work on a new model. So bringing it out this year and minor update are not necessarily the same thing. It all depends on wether the new generation SAFOX AF is ready. A better sensor and 4k processing chips are available. SR is up to 5 stops now. Noise processing has been added. They could have been working on a touch interface for a long time and movable lcd's are no longer a wr problem (have not been since the 645z). The new body will probably look more like the K-1 with a small top lcd.
05-25-2017, 06:03 AM   #283
Pentaxian

A Samsung official once said it took about 3 years to make the NX-1; and your list of improvements - a new generation AF, a new to Pentax sensor, new processor - is quite extensive.
05-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #284
Pentaxian

Samsung had to make it from scratch and they have had more than three years since 2013
05-25-2017, 10:58 PM   #285
Pentaxian

Samsung had to make it from scratch
Not exactly : they learned a lot from their partnership with Hoya/Pentax during 2007-2010 period.
At least re. solid camera manufacturing, ergonomics (btw, not quite enough i believe), image processing and optics engineering...
Closed Thread