Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 193 Likes Search this Thread
05-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #241
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I got a used KP and independently decided to keep my DA Limiteds for it,...
A used KP? O boy, I don't think a person ever really used a camera practically introduced yesterday.

05-10-2017, 08:50 AM - 2 Likes   #242
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
superfluous lenses
QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
Is there any such thing?
Must be some kind of cross between Super-Multi-Coat and flourine lens coatings.
05-15-2017, 02:18 PM   #243

Rocoh! Where is my digital K2? Work faster guys!
05-22-2017, 06:15 AM   #244
Veteran Member

This thread is desperately silent. We need updates

05-22-2017, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #245
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
Well I bought a D750 because I can't afford to wait.
05-22-2017, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #246
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
Definitely. I'm waiting for this upcoming camera & I do hope that Pentax is working on it. Hopefully it's leaps & bounds better than the K-3II as well.
QuoteOriginally posted by distudio Quote
Well I bought a D750 because I can't afford to wait.
I'll probably do something similar if nothing happens & Pentax decides to leave the KP as their top of the line APS-C camera, I'll probably be unloading my Pentax gear & getting new gear from a different manufacturer. I'm not interested in having a FF camera as the only flagship model if Pentax decides to head in this direction.

I've been reading reviews, playing with RAW files, & already have some possible camera replacements in mind.
05-22-2017, 09:07 AM   #247
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
if nothing happens & Pentax decides to leave the KP as their top of the line APS-C camera
"A successor to the K-3 II is being researched."
CP+ 2017 Pentax Interview: Part 1 - CP+ 2017 | PentaxForums.com

It will take a while, though.

05-22-2017, 09:27 AM   #248
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
"A successor to the K-3 II is being researched."
CP+ 2017 Pentax Interview: Part 1 - CP+ 2017 | PentaxForums.com

It will take a while, though.
I don't have a problem waiting for it as long as they are actually working on it & eventually release it. It would be nice if they gave us some kind of hope of it actually being released. If they said, "Give us until fall 2018 so that we can make sure that our future camera will be full of excellence & win," I'd be willing to wait until then. All my lens purchases are on hold until this camera comes out. I have several Pentax limited primes on my wish list, the Pentax 16-85mm, Pentax 10-17mm, & Pentax 55-300 PLM.
05-22-2017, 09:47 AM   #249
Pentaxian

They're not going to announce a camera more than one year in advance; what they said in the interview is as much information as we'll get - for now. And it's a stronger statement than when they were (quietly) working on the K-1

Your money, your decision. You can decide to jump ship, hold your purchases, or help them with your money...
05-22-2017, 03:16 PM   #250
Veteran Member

D750 , Pentax already have it with K-1. I dont understand the comment.
05-22-2017, 03:50 PM   #251
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I can't help but think that the K-3II's replacement may happen sooner than we think. K-3II prices are low and stock levels are low in some areas, so it seems it may be phased out sooner rather than later. Of course, th will need to be balanced with pushing sales through lower pricing of the KP, while not eating into K-1 market, so, I'd guess in time for Christmas? Just a silly guess though.
05-22-2017, 04:34 PM   #252
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The KP was released with the wording "mid-level", Ricoh have said it is not a direct successor to the K-3, and even the naming indicates it's a separate tier of camera. I'm not sure where the panic comes from.

Ricoh/Pentax has made us wait a long time in the past for updated models, and when they came they exceeded expectations. I think back to the K-3, which improved on the K-5 in just about every way. I then think of the K-1, which had almost unreasonable expectations about specs and price, and the camera actually met them. Even the KP is in a way the long-requested retro DSLR for your limited lenses, and it is great for that use.

The new APS-C flagship is likely to be a formidable camera.
- It has to be at least as good or better than the K-3 in every spec. That means it needs higher fps, a bigger buffer, better AF, and so on.
- It is likely to have features introduced on other cameras since the K/3, such as the cross-tilt monitor and the body lighting from the K-1, and the sensor performance, improved SR, accelerator unit from the KP. Ricoh indicated that video SR is coming, so it must be in the flagship - in fact it might debut there.
- It needs to stay competitive with the competition, so that means 4K is likely to be there, as is better continuous AF.

This is Ricoh's bread-and-butter camera, so it's likely to have the latest advances in it, and that makes it difficult to develop.
05-22-2017, 10:31 PM - 1 Like   #253
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
D750 , Pentax already have it with K-1. I dont understand the comment.
What is D750?
Sounds like a 750 ccm bike from Suzuki, Kawasaki or Ducati?
This is Ducati 750 SS; quite a fine bike; you can ride it hundreds of miles up in the Territory without stopping ..

05-23-2017, 02:55 AM   #254
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
They're not going to announce a camera more than one year in advance; what they said in the interview is as much information as we'll get - for now. And it's a stronger statement than when they were (quietly) working on the K-1

Your money, your decision. You can decide to jump ship, hold your purchases, or help them with your money...
What he probably wanted to underline is that K3 platform on which K3 ii is based is quite old now and a new APS-C flagship is highly needed.
KP is a nice to have camera but not the one we are waiting for. I doubt people can wait one more year whereas K3 ii is already out of stock here and there
Hopefully I have a RX100 I play a lot with (though zoom range is way too small) that eases my wait, but I need a new body this year...

Last edited by fsge; 05-23-2017 at 10:02 AM.
05-23-2017, 03:07 AM   #255
Pentaxian

We all agree that the K-3's platform (launched in 2013) needs replacement. Ricoh Imaging agrees as well. But I won't fool myself, nor anyone here by thinking there's a K-3 III ready for the next months. If there was, we'd know about it.

As for why not sooner... working on a new platform takes time (the more ambitious, the more time it needs). I have no clue what they're planning; but I'm sure I'd want some of those enhancements on a K-1 Mk II.
Closed Thread