Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cooolll!!!

09-22-2008, 08:01 AM   #167
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by montecarlo Quote
Now that is right on the money. Put a control wheel on there somewhere for exposure control and make a range of pancake lenses for it and I may never touch an SLR again. I love the look of it also; stylish yet still serious looking. Most colorful cameras look like toys.
09-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #168
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh man, come on Pentax please join them:

QuoteQuote:
The new Micro Four Thirds standard is seen as both a potential problem but also a potential opportunity. Panasonic’s Lumix DMC-G1 is seen as a direct challenge to Pentax’s entry-level DSLRs, undercutting the new Pentax K-m in size if not price. On the other hand, Mr Iue believes that “the G1 could open up a new market which will help Pentax and the industry as a whole”, a sentiment which has also been echoed by Olympus and Sony in our Photokina meetings. Mr Iue went on to comment that Pentax are very open-minded about the possibility of joining the Micro Four Thirds system, with the company free to join any system that they like at the present time.
Pentax and Samsung Partnership Not Perfect - PhotographyBLOG

There are also some interesting tidbits about Pentax's decision not to go FF and also the future of the 645 in there.
09-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #169
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
There are also some interesting tidbits about Pentax's decision not to go FF and also the future of the 645 in there.
It does not say "not going FF". It seems to me that FF is just as viable as MF digital, although MF digital is probably to be released first. And that neither FF or MF digital have gotten the green light.

"A common theme running throughout the session was the need for any future projects – medium format, full-frame and compact cameras – to be financially viable. Apparently the technology for a medium format camera aimed at professional photographers has already been developed, but Pentax have not yet decided if there is enough demand for such a product. At the same time, Mr Iue commented “we shouldn’t wait too long to decide, we need to speed up”, indicating that a final decision would be reached soon. If Pentax do go ahead with medium format, the camera will use the biggest image sensor available at the time of production, with 40 or 50 megapixels mentioned as possibilities."

04-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #170
Forum Member

Pentax Four-thirds Body

I can't see Pentax joining this group. I see them more likely going the route Samsung has done with its NX10. Pentax certainly has to have taken notice of the popularity of these cameras. I have always hoped Pentax would come out with a small interchangeable lens body such as the micro-fourthirds ones by Panasonic and Olympus.
However, I think it will be an APS-c format. My other hope (looks less likely) is a smaller FF Pentax body similar to the size of their old LX bodies. My ideal Pentax would be a smaller body with an articulating screen, weather proofing and FF. I would also be happy if they came out with a smaller APS-c system too. I am not too picky!
GR
04-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #171
Veteran Member

Since we're dragging this up from the depths of the forum LOL I guess I'll add my two cents - call the camera the K110d in quiet tribute to Pentaxes little 110-filmed SLR. Oh wait, that's already used. Then maybe Auto K or Auto K-x?
04-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #172
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Since we're dragging this up from the depths of the forum LOL I guess I'll add my two cents - call the camera the K110d in quiet tribute to Pentaxes little 110-filmed SLR. Oh wait, that's already used. Then maybe Auto K or Auto K-x?
They've have to put the effort into the format first, and I don't see Pentax making any entirely new lens system for it when the DA series isn't even really complete yet (where's that damn 18-105mm!?). If they made a new system then the DA lenses would be too big and obsolete, maybe with an adapter they would work, but keeping them would be pointless because of their size and the idea that a mirrorless system allows for a smaller camera too.

04-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #173
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
They've have to put the effort into the format first, and I don't see Pentax making any entirely new lens system for it when the DA series isn't even really complete yet (where's that damn 18-105mm!?). If they made a new system then the DA lenses would be too big and obsolete, maybe with an adapter they would work, but keeping them would be pointless because of their size and the idea that a mirrorless system allows for a smaller camera too.

They could always keep a digital 110 compatible with legacy glass! I have it all. I'm set.
04-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #174
Site Supporter

Here's a comparison of that 110 (4/3 film aka 16mm) legacy glass to the FA
77mm ltd.

Look at the size difference in the mount cap of the 111 and K . . ..

Note: these were resized in GIMP . . .

Last edited by Blue; 04-19-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: fixed link
04-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #175
Veteran Member

I wonder if Pentax could manage a digital sensor that could do that, and that would offer support for the auto 110 lenses just like how Olympus makes it possible to adapt the OM lenses to it's DSLRs. That would be really cool if they could manage to do that, and have a manual focus option for all the 110 lenses and then the all new series of digital 110 lenses too.
05-04-2010, 07:14 AM   #176

I certainly hope Pentax will NOT try to compete in the 4/3 market. I would much rather see Pentax enter the FF market, so at least many older Pentax lenses could be used with it.
05-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #177
Veteran Member

Ah yes, but you see.. Pentax don't care about your old lenses. They would much rather make you buy some new ones. Brand loyalty aside, they can't sustain a healthy business selling bodies alone.