Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #91

Ups, my mistake, I tought that sensor size will be smaller too

08-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Spex Quote
Ups, my mistake, I tought that sensor size will be smaller too
Nope. I wonder how long until we see a micro aps-c system if this is popular? Though the smaller lenses are a good portion of the reason something like this might work as nice as it would be to reuse my glass. APS-C glass isn't small.
08-26-2008, 02:01 AM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I don't find 4/3 micro is very good idea. Compact - yes, light - yes. And it's all...
They have to make new line of lenses...
The IQ of cameras will be lower than any APS-C's cameras...
I think that Oly has to put more MP too in 4/3 sensor to sell it better.
I'm not sure that 12-14 МP camera of 4/3 micro with new lenses can make good results.
And I hate EVF and LV instead of optical VF. And what is about battery work in 4/3 micro cameras? EVF and LV have very high consumption.
Contrast AF is not very quick...
You can’t even bend the laws of physics despite what Scotty assures captain Kirk...
A small sensor means high data density. Lenses have to be extraordinary optically to cope with that (2X crop factor means that for the same resolution sensors, the lens must be twice as good for the same results on 4/3 than FF.
So no use for a 15mp 4/3 sensor except for marketing reasons)
But ... I LIKE EVF and LV if its as fast as optical VF (my old Sony 707 was a charm on that!)
08-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #94
Forum Member

Read HERE from some interesting news of Samsung.

Not known yet if Pentax is going with Samsung to compete agains Micro 4/3!

08-30-2008, 09:06 AM   #95

It looks like Samsung will compete against micro 4/3 with its own lens mount

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/35870-samsung-rele...tml#post330120
08-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #96
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by take Quote
frankly I like Oly's bold move on innovation, but I just don't like Oly develop a new lens system base on micro 4/3, and i see the need of using a mFT flange adapter for normal 4/3 lens could be solved somehow. So that the existing user can use back their own lens without the adapter.

here is my proposal, just put a built-in "flange adaptation lens element" between the lens & sensor, which able to adjust the flange according to the focal length of particular lens, so any existing Pentax lens will be able to use on this slim body. I don't know if feasible or not... all the engineering guru out there please advice.

This will be my ideal "everyday" camera:
Wow, that is really a nice mock up.

I wouldn't mind the body being somewhat thicker, but less in height, perhaps with a slide-out mechanism to reach the normal registration distance (many P&S have all kinds of sliding out lens constructions so I see no reason why this could not work for a K-mount).

A thick body allows more space for the motor, batteries, electronics. If I close my eyes I see it slip in my work backpack to replace my Panasonic P&S. A 5cm thick body (no need for slide out mechanism, registration distance is 45.46mm), 6.5 cm height and 10 cm wide body with live view and EVF
09-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #97
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Maybe Pentax can reconstruct DA limited to look like a Leica "M" typ of lenses. Then we have real pancakes...... Or a pancake of both camera and lens... thin as a Pentax A40/Fuji F100....if a DA(M?) 40/2,8 limited is on...

09-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #98
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I wonder who the other manufactures will be. Since Tom Hogan hinted at it, and since there are tons of Nikon rangefinder rumors floating around I would have to assume they are working on one also.

I hope Pentax goes along with Samsung, but I haven't seen a mention of it. Pancake lenses are my only real attraction to this type of camera, and obviously Pentax knows how to make good ones.
09-04-2008, 02:57 AM   #100
Veteran Member

They did it back when it was popular to make lenses for the Leica screwmount. It was their only attempt, and Pentax weren't the only ones to try their hand at Leica-mount lenses.
09-04-2008, 03:23 AM   #101
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
They did it back when it was popular to make lenses for the Leica screwmount. It was their only attempt, and Pentax weren't the only ones to try their hand at Leica-mount lenses.
Yes, I know that ( 39mm screw lenses - Camerapedia.org )

OT: and Konica's lens was the fastest Konica 60/1.2
09-04-2008, 09:45 AM   #102
Veteran Member

To make the camera smaler, they can use a 15X15 sensor so you don´t have to turn camera verticaly, just use a button on the camera. Then it can replace typ Pentax A40 in my pocket.
09-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #103

No. They have their own line to worry about and the four thirds system is not exactly causing people to jump the Canon/Nikon ship either....despite the new Sony
09-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxshooter Quote
No. They have their own line to worry about and the four thirds system is not exactly causing people to jump the Canon/Nikon ship either....despite the new Sony
The micro 4/3 standard has nothing to do with Sony ... it's an Olympus/Panasonic thing.

Speaking of which, the upcoming micro 4/3 cameras will be VERY attractive to entry-level DSLR owners ... and even a few seasoned photographers who own other DSLR brands.

I recently took a look at a new micro 4/3 DSLR that will be announced just before Photokina, and it is EXTREMELY tempting. The micro 4/3 zoom lenses are about the same size as the Pentax DA Limited prime lenses! Even though I own three Pentax DSLRs and a ton of Pentax glass I'll be tempted to buy this new micro 4/3 DSLR for Christmas as a travel camera unless Pentax announces a more compact (and lighter weight) version of the K200D at Photokina.

Pentax doesn't need to "directly" compete with the new micro 4/3 cameras ... but they really NEED a more compact, lighter weight, and cheaper body than the current K200D.

You might not believe me now, but just wait until the first micro 4/3 DSLR is officially announced in the coming days.
09-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #105
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JJJPhoto Quote
I recently took a look at a new micro 4/3 DSLR that will be announced just before Photokina, and it is EXTREMELY tempting.
If it was anything like this mock up then it is more then tempting, it will be a must have. The only question is to keep the DSLR or to sell it to pay for the MFT's system.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3138/2843271072_06a37081df_o.png

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3058/2842435913_194a93c35c_o.png