Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

I had my K20D/50-135mm out in a huge hailstorm at a Renaissance Festival last weekend... no problems, as usual. Heck, lately it seems like I've been shooting more in the rain than the dry!

08-16-2008, 12:52 AM   #17
Kim

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by paolojackson Quote
How "weather-proof" is the K10D? I'm glad to know I have it, but I still get nervous taking it out in any type of adverse weather conditions.
I just tested my K10D after drying it for a day. After a little sailing in a thunderstorm my camera was as wet as if I had dipped it in the ocean. K10D never missed a beat.

I and my camera took at least a hundred direct hits from waves crashing over the boat and it was also raining heavily all the time.

Plenty of fun, but I was a bit worried about my DA 12-24 lens because it's not weather sealed, but the lens is fine.
08-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by amoringello Quote
Quite...
Had mine with the DA* 50-135 and the DA*16-50 out in adverse weather on multiple occasions. Even stuck the K10D with DA*50-135 under the shower head when I first got it with no adverse effects.

The rain I was in recently was much stronger than anything my shower head could produce (damn water limiting devices).

Anyway, under the strongest down pouring rain (for about 15 minutes), the only sign I had of leak was in the connection ports door. A slight wee bit of a drop of moisture inside the weather sealing.
Nothing inside other parts or inside the lens opening that I could detect.

It is a great feeling when you can go out with a bunch of buddies bragging about their Canikon cameras... until the rain starts. Even a slight mist and they climb under a shelter, but I go out and keep shooting.
At a recent photo club event, I was the only one with any photos for the day... well any photos not taken from under the shelter. :-)
remember to weather seal the shooter too
08-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Maybe Pentax should start making cameras that keep the sky from falling? But then weatherproofing wouldn't be much use though...

08-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Shashinki Quote
Maybe Pentax should start making cameras that keep the sky from falling? But then weatherproofing wouldn't be much use though...

but you might get the last shot LOL