QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Techart Pro.
They make a Leica to Sony AF adapter?

02-07-2017, 01:58 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
They make a Leica to Sony AF adapter?
Yes, leica M mount with adapters for plenty of other mounts....including K. compatible with A6500/A7(2) and another of the Sony FF MLs.So 3 cams of Sonys at this stage.

K...EF.....M42.....Nikon and a few more.
02-07-2017, 02:00 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, leica M mount with adapters for plenty of other mounts....including K. compatible with A6500/A7(2) and another of the Sony FF MLs.So 3 cams of Sonys at this stage.

K...EF.....M42.....Nikon and a few more.
Would this provide DC, SDM and screwdrive AF?

What about lenses without aperture rings?
02-07-2017, 02:10 PM   #49
Pentaxian

My knowledge is only from YT and online reviews and the Techart website....but the way it works is the adapter has the AF motor, it looks through the lens and focus is electronically transferred to camera.It doesn't enliven any motors that are in lenses, they remain non functional.

What about lenses without aperture rings?
Sell them!

02-07-2017, 02:16 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My knowledge is only from YT and online reviews and the Techart website....but the way it works is the adapter has the AF motor, it looks through the lens and focus is electronically transferred to camera.It doesn't enliven any motors that are in lenses, they remain non functional.

Sell them!
But I love my D-FA* 70-200 (and the Sony equivalent is double the price)! So I'd have to give up my D-FA 28-105, my * 70-200 and my 100mm Macro, but I'd be able to keep my FA Limiteds.
02-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #51
Pentaxian

I don't know what happens to the DA lenses but go to their website and ask....they seem pretty informative.

Down the track( but who knows how long), there probably be these sort of adapters for a lot more makes of cameras.

The old manual lenses becoming AF breathes new life into el cheapo optics, IF you want to buy into one of the Sony bodies.
02-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't know what happens to the DA lenses but go to their website and ask....they seem pretty informative.

Down the track( but who knows how long), there probably be these sort of adapters for a lot more makes of cameras.

The old manual lenses becoming AF breathes new life into el cheapo optics, IF you want to buy into one of the Sony bodies.
You know, I've looked at the Sony A7rii. It looks like a great camera, but I've read that the weathersealing is really poor (also one card slot is unfortunate).

02-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

- surprise -
02-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #54
Pentaxian

I've looked at the Sony A7rii
Me too( I got the K1 instead)...and ive considered the A6500 too....both are very capable.
02-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Would you accept a screwdrive only AF adapter, or would it have to support SDM and DC too?
SDM would be handy. But this is a worst case scenario. I have so much invested in Pentax glass, if they did go pop I couldn't rebuild a system, certainly not to the same extent.
02-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #56
Pentaxian

Pentax DL ?
02-07-2017, 03:32 PM   #57
Pentaxian

Er.. if you believe Thom, then you might as well believe me.
02-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe a k mount dedicated video camera?
02-07-2017, 03:58 PM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
Maybe a k mount dedicated video camera?
...that still tops at 1080p, now with even more compression!
02-07-2017, 04:29 PM - 2 Likes   #60
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
SDM would be handy. But this is a worst case scenario. I have so much invested in Pentax glass, if they did go pop I couldn't rebuild a system, certainly not to the same extent.
That is why they have us by the throat..

We started off buying an entry camera and maybe a kit lens. Over much time, the kit lens turned into some nice primes and/or a couple fast zooms... and an upgraded body... and a flashgun... and maybe one or two more... and accessories. The house has become full.

Where if one wants to change systems, they have to recreate their arsenal at once to have the same level of robustness. We grow to expect what we have to stay as it is..

For a commercial shooter, this is largely a non-issue.. they'll write the expenditure off since they need it to do their job and will only switch when the decision is more profitable for them.

For everyone else, it can become a costly adventure.. or nightmare.. largely simply for pleasure/hobby.

This market is so varied and unknowable right now.. Canon looks strong, but are they and for how long? Nikon is said to be badly injured, will they change direction or be bought out? Pentax has long been associated with gloom and doom... and, in some cases, probably rightfully so (being bobbled around corp to corp).

One doesn't want to end up on the sinking ship when it goes down.. and probably also why Sigma and Tamron seem to announce their more recent lenses only for Canon and Nikon mounts. Those are seemingly safer bets to make versus the Pentax or the Olympus of the camera world.