Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 168 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
You are right. Thom just topped it all and made a "name-title-thread". I want that. Who doesn't.

Start mine with "Ron thinks Ricoh is stepping out of the camera business next fiscal year!"
This is the news I live in dread of. Should disaster strike, I just pray someone develops a decent AF adapter for K-mount to mirrorless.

02-07-2017, 11:43 AM - 1 Like   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In other news, Thom expects the Sun to rise tomorrow.
02-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
This is the news I live in dread of. Should disaster strike, I just pray someone develops a decent AF adapter for K-mount to mirrorless.
Why should we expect short registration distance mirrorless and a new mount? Sigma just released a mirrorless with a long registration distance that accepts all their SA mount lenses...Pentax has already had a K-mount mirrorless...
02-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Why should we expect short registration distance mirrorless and a new mount? Sigma just released a mirrorless with a long registration distance that accepts all their SA mount lenses...Pentax has already had a K-mount mirrorless...
I mean if Pentax ceases to exist. Need options for all these lenses. AF adapter for K-mount to Sony E-mount would be essential.

02-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I mean if Pentax ceases to exist. Need options for all these lenses. AF adapter for K-mount to Sony E-mount would be essential.
Would you accept a screwdrive only AF adapter, or would it have to support SDM and DC too?
02-07-2017, 12:02 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
MMF - Mirrorless Medium Format
02-07-2017, 12:10 PM - 2 Likes   #37
Pentaxian

A Ricoh GXR 6x4.5 Module

02-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The problem is aperture control. EF and SA have a significant advantage over K-mount in that they have electromagnetic aperture control in all lenses. Not just one...

Adapters for A to FE seems to be all over the place in terms of compatibility and quality...
02-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
A Ricoh GXR 6x4.5 Module
Now that would be something to get excited over. Like the Fuji GA645.
02-07-2017, 12:24 PM - 1 Like   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Now that would be something to get excited over. Like the Fuji GA645.
Yes. Lets get excited about a new mount with no lenses that makes using full size 645 impossible.
02-07-2017, 01:05 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Yes. Lets get excited about a new mount with no lenses that makes using full size 645 impossible.
I was (possibly incorrectly) thinking of the fixed lens Fuji medium format *film* camera from yesteryear. They were neat cameras, very similar in a way to the digital GXR, in that they did one job, and did it well. I think that a fixed lens mirrorless digital could be a really impressive camera, but I realize also very expensive for a fixed lens.

You were probably thinking of the new fuji medium format digital camera?

Agree with the rest of the sentiments here that switching from the preexisting Pentax bayonet mounts for future cameras is not a very well thought out plan.
02-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
MMF - Mirrorless Medium Format
Perhaps with a fixed lens to avoid the little problem of having no lenses if there is any change at all from the 645 mount. Plenty of precedent for a fixed lens 645, the ultimate land camera which can still be taken anywhere etc etc. Moving on with the nutty assocations of the KP, perhaps this one could be called the Pentax KB. It's big, it's tough, it's a Brazil nut of a camera and it is soooo sweet.

If not that then mirrorless something, maybe in the GR line.

But then maybe Mr Hogan was simply referring to the KP and the nutty stuff is catching. We'll soon see.
02-07-2017, 01:36 PM   #43
Pentaxian

P.S. Thom Hogan played the Chicken Little role few times...
02-07-2017, 01:43 PM - 1 Like   #44

WR GR would be good news !
02-07-2017, 01:44 PM   #45
Pentaxian

Techart Pro.