to put in realistic world oly fuji sony medium to hi ,leica hass high end ,lux

you dont need to be brainac to conclude will next cam be flop

giant samsung with great nx1 flop

so lol to these want wish dream for pentax mirrorless
only way they can go is medium format for low end ,and only that

02-14-2017, 07:43 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Why should they switch to microSD on their DSLR line?
Moving to MircoSd would give more room for them to design inside the cameras. It will help keep their cameras small. It could allow to have the same battery across all cameras by gaining the space needed etc.

The card capacity are so large today I never need to take them out during shooting. I only ever take a card out to download them to my computer.
02-14-2017, 07:55 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dr100hr Quote
i can only say lol to all sayin pentax/ricoh will make ff mirorless
or any mirrorless pentax
pentax did that once and failed big time ,so no more

and to these ppl want mirrorless u can buy one now .good one too

to put in realistic world oly fuji sony medium to hi ,leica hass high end ,lux

you dont need to be brainac to conclude will next cam be flop

giant samsung with great nx1 flop

so lol to these want wish dream for pentax mirrorless
only way they can go is medium format for low end ,and only that
Pentax made two lines of mirrorles; q which din't flop, k-01 was to unconventional and avangard disengin in conservative photography world, camera but never the less a good camera.
Samsung phones cannibalized their camera department.
Mirrorles is the future, so considering latest Pentax progress in back screens usage (night mode etc.) it's probabl they will make new attempt to make mirrorles.
02-14-2017, 08:05 AM - 3 Likes   #34
mee
Pentaxian

Why dream so small?

Let's go big or go home. Really big. How about a Large Format GoPro clone with helmet mount?

02-14-2017, 08:19 AM   #35
Pentaxian

It is a fascinating idea but I don't think they will do it. I would buy it though.
02-14-2017, 08:21 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
Moving to MircoSd would give more room for them to design inside the cameras.
There's the practical issue of microSDs being too small - difficult to extract from the camera, way too easy to get lost.
02-14-2017, 08:30 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
It is a fascinating idea but I don't think they will do it. I would buy it though.
+1, very unlikely though appealing.
02-14-2017, 08:31 AM - 1 Like   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Why dream so small?

Let's go big or go home. Really big. How about a Large Format GoPro clone with helmet mount?
I take it all the Schumachers in this world will love it...

02-14-2017, 09:28 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
eventually, for sure.

but what hold me from buying one is the dust problem. Make it a WR GR and will sell like hot cake.
I think putting a hinged back on them would solve this - you could toggle it open, clean your sensor easy, close it up.

---------- Post added 02-14-17 at 11:35 AM ----------

As I've said elsewhere, I think part of the charm of the GR is the APS-C size. If they're going to go bigger... go all the way to a fixed lens medium format! Set with a 28mm or 35mm (35mm equivalent lens) it would be great general purpose monster of a camera.
02-14-2017, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
Pentax made two lines of mirrorles; q which din't flop, k-01 was to unconventional and avangard disengin in conservative photography world, camera but never the less a good camera.
Samsung phones cannibalized their camera department.
Mirrorles is the future, so considering latest Pentax progress in back screens usage (night mode etc.) it's probabl they will make new attempt to make mirrorles.
To me K-01 is the perfect camera. I've read many reviews on it, they give it 3.5/5 stars. I give it 5/5 stars. Depends what you are looking of a camera.
02-14-2017, 10:14 AM   #41
Pentaxian

For me, put a tilting rear screen on it (only adds a few millimeters of depth, it still would be pocketable) and make it 24MP and I would pre-order it.
02-14-2017, 12:49 PM - 1 Like   #42
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by climit Quote
To me K-01 is the perfect camera. I've read many reviews on it, they give it 3.5/5 stars. I give it 5/5 stars. Depends what you are looking of a camera.
The only reason I purchased a K-30 instead of its sibling, the K-01, is that my Q-7 experience reinforced my insistence on having a viewfinder for sunny times {like today is!!}
02-15-2017, 12:47 AM   #43
Veteran Member

In the current market (look at Nikon) Ricoh isn't going to bloat their range. A GRIII, maybe with an f2 lens and the 24mp sensor, is quite likely. People like the fixed-lens APS-C compacts because they're small and easy to take out as a second camera - putting the full frame sensor and a 28 or 35mm f2 lens in it would make it much chunkier, like the Sony premium compacts.

Mirrorless will need a new mount and a really good on-sensor AF system. I owned a K-01, it was fun, but the huge gaping K-mount hole just got in the way of any flexibility that could have been in it. Now, using a Panasonic M43 system, I understand what a great little mirrorless camera is.
Personally, I doubt this will be coming soon. Ricoh/Pentax have their core, steady-selling DSLR line, the GR which has its fans, and the Theta, which was something of a pioneer in the whole 360 degree thing. In a market that isn't looking good for expansion, with a solid range of products, they'd be foolish to start throwing FF compacts and new mirrorless systems around too soon.
02-15-2017, 06:52 AM   #44

QuoteOriginally posted by dr100hr Quote
or any mirrorless pentax pentax did that once and failed big time ,so no more
K-01 wasn't a proper mirrorless, because the only thing making a difference was lack of a mirror, not a register distance.
02-15-2017, 09:17 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
There's the practical issue of microSDs being too small - difficult to extract from the camera, way too easy to get lost.
I don't think this is an issue considering the gains in space the engineers would have to work with. The internal design space for the GR is a premium. Adding WiFI made the GRII slightly larger because there was no room.

Moving to MicroSD cards is more than a novel idea it has real practical implications. The main being for every SD slot they can fit at least 2 and probably 3 MicroSD slots in the same space. This is advantageous for all camera lines. Not just the GR.