Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2017, 05:35 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
Pentaxforums has that great video showing how to use Composition Adjustment to take a photo of the Tokyo Tower. An automatic mode/feature to take four photos for it would be wicked cool. And an in camera feature to compile them into a finished image would be an absolute killer. If they can do something as complex as PixelShift, this seems it should be doable.

Thanks.
Yes, automated sensor shift is my wish too. But I am happy to have just the four RAW files out of it. Another question would be existence of tilt/shift lenses or the lack of it. Pixel Shift already requires extreme care for proper results and so do T/S lenses. Together they would do much more.

02-19-2017, 05:36 AM - 2 Likes   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Will Noel's wife really kill him if he buys a KP?
My wife will never know (if I buy a silver one, and hide the old K-3)....
02-19-2017, 05:39 AM - 1 Like   #33
ogl
Pentaxian

What are new GR's plans?
Will we see new DFA and DA lenses this year?
Is there any plan to produce 100 MP 645 camera in near future?
02-19-2017, 05:51 AM - 2 Likes   #34
Veteran Member

The three questions that come to mind for my are:
1. Do they plan to introduce a radio controlled trigger and receiver flash system for TTL and HSS.
2. Are there any plans to improve the auto focus tracking system and frame rate for sports and wildlife.
3. Also, what about adapting a fine tuning auto focus system similar to the Nikon D500.

I love my K-1, but I long for a D500 killer from Pentax (Ricoh) too.

02-19-2017, 05:55 AM   #35

It seems pentax is a bit more bold with the looks of their cameras in the midrange (ks1, ks2, kp), and also trying out a different bold design with each model.
All the while the upper class cameras (k3, k1) are more conventional looking.
Do you think this description of pentax' design strategy is accurate, and are you planning to continue it? or are we going see the design aspects of the kp also in k1 and k3 successors?

Are you aware of the desire for you to bring back mechanical video stabilization in all the people who don't mind the sound it generates?

Is it possible to include focus peaking also in still image review, to check which parts are sharp without having to zoom in?
02-19-2017, 06:04 AM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Are you going to make a silver version of the K-1?
02-19-2017, 06:10 AM - 1 Like   #37
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Please post your CP+ question suggestions in this thread. I'll do my best to get the top questions asked!
What is Pentax doing to stay relevant with the next generation of photography enthusiasts, the ones who expect everything to work like their smartphones? Are we going to see touchscreens on all DSLRs. Are we going to see better and more powerful interfaces between camera and smartphone? Is Ricoh/ Pentax even thinking of getting the neccessary expertise to develop the apps that can make their cameras work seamlessly with smartphones. What really is their line of thinking on this and I do wonder how much resources are going to be committed in this direction. And yes how much better can we expect Image Sync to get in the near future.
Cheers
02-19-2017, 06:18 AM - 1 Like   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote
a new Pentax Q and lenses.

a Pentax q is so easy to take with you on travel by airplane, bike etc.
Since Adam talked in terms of "Top Questions", I will "second" questions about MILC / Q.

In particular, what plans does Pentax have for including EVF technology? {surely they must accept it as adequately developed by now!!}

What is their vision for the "Q" family?

02-19-2017, 06:23 AM - 2 Likes   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There was a major, deep survey of Pentax users' lens preference carried out by Pentax Europe last year. Did the responses change your thinking about and planning for lens release, and if so, how?

Ricoh Imaging seems to have correctly foreseen the global camera market dislocation, beginning in 2014. What is your observation of / business response to the continuing decline of camera unit sales globally, and related financial difficulties of your competitors - what is your view of the industry future?
02-19-2017, 06:24 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
What is the likely resolution of the K-3II successor... 28, 30 or 32 MP?

Can Pentax engineers build battery grips with ARCS-Swiss compatible grooves in them?
02-19-2017, 06:47 AM - 3 Likes   #41
Imp
Pentaxian

VIDEO PLEASE! The low bitrate, poor dynamic range, no proper video sr. Of utmost importance is simply the quality of the video itself, the other bells-and-whistles can wait until that gets fixed!

Please skim this thread, where many people have raised their concerns and even offered suggestions:
A Young Pentaxian's concerns - PentaxForums.com

Ricoh: video is critical in this day and age, please do not ignore it. People of my generation expect it.

(Thanks Adam!)
02-19-2017, 06:55 AM   #42

New modern, silent focusing DFA primes - when?
Will the "friendship" with Tamron continue?
Capture One tethering - will it happen?
Plans for more modern 645 lenses?
02-19-2017, 07:24 AM   #43
Forum Member

Lots of great questions here. As with a lot of the previous posters I'd also enjoy hearing what is planned for AF improvement and Pentax's planned schedule for new primes. Any F4 series of zooms in the planning stage?

In addition: any chance at weather resistant teleconverters to go along with the 70-200 and 150-450. Extension tube set that allows aperture control from the camera. Is ring flash discontinued?
02-19-2017, 07:42 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Ive seen that they started advertising their medium format line on their social media lately, will they be updating more lenses for mf?

02-19-2017, 08:04 AM   #45
mee
Pentaxian

The speed of the DA 55-300mm PLM lens has been well received, do you plan on offering more lenses with the PLM type motor in the near future?

There has been much discussion and some criticism of the current D-FA lens selection. With 3rd party lens manufacturers continuing to shy away from K mount, How do you feel about the current D-FA lineup?

And should K-1 owners and potential buyers expect many more lenses within the next two years?

Where do you consider the K-1 and it's retail lens selection sits in the FF DSLR market?

I would really like to see a well performing 24-85mm f/4 and 70-200mm f/4 in the D-FA lineup. Has there been any discussion on introducing such designs to K mount?

The D-FA 15-30mm f/2.8 lens is optically a strong lens. However, due to it's aperture it is big and heavy and it also requires an expensive 3rd party filter holder and expensive 150mm filters. Has there been any discussion on introducing a smaller D-FA ultrawide zoom that natively accepts screw-on filters?

The D-FA 28-105mm lens is also an optically well performing lens and it is both affordable and compact. Are there discussions on introducing more D-FA lenses with the same compactness and price target?