Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1836 Likes Search this Thread
02-22-2017, 08:52 AM   #241
Veteran Member

Prototype plastic cover?

02-22-2017, 08:53 AM - 1 Like   #242
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think its just picture of mockup. Not production lens.
02-22-2017, 08:55 AM   #243
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
C'mon Pentax, enough with this 50mm kid stuff. Where's the 400/4 WR & 1.4x TC?
02-22-2017, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #244
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
And why is it that, every time Ricoh releases something new, people do what they can to show WHY you dont need anything new?

This surprises me every time..
I imagine most of us really don't NEED anything new. The surprise should be that we keep buying new things that are duplicates
of what we already own, just a little shinier. I personally have several camera bodies each capable of delivering excellent photos
and a full complement of lenses covering 15mm to 300mm with many duplicates and variations. Anything new at this point has to
offer something extraordinary, and pertinent to my needs, else it's little more than a high dollar impulse buy, (viva la consumismo!)

For me, extraordinary would be auto-focus equivalents of the many manual lenses I own. Pertinent would be compact. Bring on
the DFA Limiteds!

So....., that would be the why.

02-22-2017, 08:58 AM   #245
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
According to Photozone, it vignettes *less* wide open than the FA 50 or FA 31.

As for real world results, if a judge found me guilty of LBA and sentenced me to a future of just one lens with the K-1, it'd be the DA*55:
I wish I still had it so I could show you guys how bad the vignetting was. Maybe what another user said is right, and I just got a bad copy.
02-22-2017, 09:06 AM   #246
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
to introduce a compact DA 24 to accompany the DA 35 and DA 50, and fill the very popular position that 35 mm occupies on FF
Hear, hear, I'd really like a 24 mm for my K-5. Just met my daughter in a park earlier today, and her Zeiss 24/1.8 is practically glued to her NEX-7. It's such a useful focal length.
02-22-2017, 09:08 AM - 1 Like   #247
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Optical design patent is not full lens.
Can you prove that DA* 16-50 and DA* 50-135 bodies and AF systems were created by Tokina?

24-70 is not jointly developed lens. It's 100% Tamron.
By your logic when Tokina creates lens with licensed Pentax optical design, Pentax DA* 16-50/50-135 turns into jointly developed lens. Pentax uses their own optical glass and coatings in 24-70 if I remember correctly, thus making it jointly developed lens by the same train of thought.

It seems to me you don't understand the context of discussion, take the phrases out of context
Kenspo claimed that * lenses were (and still are) always 100% Pentax design. You (among other people) countered with usual "common knowledge" about DA* 16-50/50-135 being co-developed with Tokina, which is not true - so far singular confirmed cooperation was Tokina licensing Pentax optical design. That should fully cover what has happened so far, I think.

and make rather strange claims about whining.
In this thread alone, you have already complained that Ricoh released info on FA* 50 1.4 before other lenses, because you want wide primes and 50mm lenses are 'not interesting'. This is as whiny as it gets - "Not for me, not for anyone".

You see what you want to see. You soon believe what you desire.
I see a fast, modern glass that will be used by professionals and wealthy amateurs. I'm happy that Ricoh is developing such glass, but I don't intend to buy it.
Also I see a bunch of people that complain every time that Ricoh releases something that doesn't suite them, instead of moving to other brand.

16-85 - slow zoom - bad
150-450 - heavy, expensive, slow - bad
70-200 - heavy, expensive, large - bad
K-1 - large, expensive, slow AF, stupid third wheel - bad
KP - not K-3 replacement, stupid third wheel, no AF improvement - bad
D FA* 50 - heavy, expensive, too large, not FA 50 1.4 re-issue - bad.

02-22-2017, 09:08 AM   #248
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Hear, hear, I'd really like a 24 mm for my K-5. Just met my daughter in a park earlier today, and her Zeiss 24/1.8 is practically glued to her NEX-7. It's such a useful focal length.
DA21 isn't close enough?
02-22-2017, 09:09 AM - 2 Likes   #249
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I imagine most of us really don't NEED anything new. The surprise should be that we keep buying new things that are duplicates
of what we already own, just a little shinier. I personally have several camera bodies each capable of delivering excellent photos
and a full complement of lenses covering 15mm to 300mm with many duplicates and variations. Anything new at this point has to
offer something extraordinary, and pertinent to my needs, else it's little more than a high dollar impulse buy, (viva la consumismo!)

For me, extraordinary would be auto-focus equivalents of the many manual lenses I own. Pertinent would be compact. Bring on
the DFA Limiteds!

So....., that would be the why.
Well, I'm glad that as for the time being, future thinking is more important then just satisfy already old users of Pentax. They want to attract more pros and new pentax users..And this will show in what they also release in the time to come. The time with small glass is over
02-22-2017, 09:17 AM - 1 Like   #250
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I was talking about lenses.
Oh... I thought you were talking about the NEW lenses on a K3II replacement....Shooting Nude photos in a Studio under Ricoh NDA and keeps on saying More to Come in which any new Pentax Rumors.

Thanks for hints BTW.
02-22-2017, 09:19 AM   #251
Veteran Member

I'm anxiously awaiting the customer reviews on Amazon with obligatory cat and backyard photos!
02-22-2017, 09:22 AM   #252
Veteran Member

@kenspo
Yes, I switched from Sony and do not really care about the golden oldies. And I do not want Tamron zooms either. I like utilities which K-1 allows. Hard puzzle to solve.
02-22-2017, 09:30 AM   #253
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
DA21 isn't close enough?
DA21, in my estimation, is a bit too wide, and too slow. I'd rather have something closer to 30mm than 20mm. Something faster for better low-light perf and background separation through depth of field effect would be preferred. An autofocusing motor arrangement bolted to the old M-series 28mm f2.0 sounds like a wonderful thing.
02-22-2017, 09:38 AM   #254
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
@kenspo
Yes, I switched from Sony and do not really care about the golden oldies. And I do not want Tamron zooms either. I like utilities which K-1 allows. Hard puzzle to solve.
Same here..Yeah, its a puzzle..hehe..But i can do most of my work with the 3 2.8 zooms, but i see your point
02-22-2017, 09:47 AM   #255
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Sigma killer, finally!
but Sigma 50 art not avail. in K mount.
Closed Thread